Oculus 1 vs Oculus 2

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
I like the Oculus and I have it modded with the Vive head gear set up.

I’m reading that the visuals are much better. Is that true? Subjectively speaking, how much better? I know that’s a tough question.

I don’t mind the audio not being better, as long as I can use Bluetooth headphones to bypass it. Possible?

Real clincher. Do my purchases transfer?

I don’t have a Facebook account with my Oculus 1 and haven’t had an issue. If I need to make a FB account, I don’t mind. As long as my purchases transfer to the new one.

I’m considering getting one, if the graphics / visuals are dramatically better.

I forgot one thing. Can I also use my eye piece inserts on the 2?

I have prescription lens inserts that allow me to take off my glasses to play.

Visuals are clearer, I think this is pretty accurate:

vrchat-oculus-quest-2-vs-quest-1-1.png.webp

It'll use the same Oculus account info, so you'll have access to the existing library.

I don't think it supports BT directly, but a dongle attached to the headphone jack should work.

Not sure what inserts you are talking about, but the size/shape of the Quest 2 is different, so chances are you'd need something new for it.

Reactions: Liver
like this
Wow. That’s quite a bit better.

I can get new inserts if I need to.

If I have both Oculus (Oculi?) on the same account, can the library be shared? Or do I need to buy duplicates of the same game to play the same game on both units?

I do understand what I’m asking. I’m wondering if there is a family plan or something. Of course, I’d rather not buy the same game twice.

Bluetooth dongles. Can I use a USB-C dongle? Or just the 1/4 inch stereo type dongles?

You can use bluetooth headphones directly. I'm not sure if it's a simple pairing yet or if you need to enable some developer options, but you can do it. It has the normal bluetooth latency, so that can be a problem when gaming. There are youtube videos that show how to do it.
I just use a $10 pair of wired Sony on ear headphones that work really well. I would wait until you try it out before you look at buying different sound options. There are a lot of options with things built into the strap, DIY stuff, or whatever.

They added a thing for sharing your library with family. I haven't messed with it at all. They only recently added it and last I heard not all games support it, only some.

like this
like this
I have both, the Quest 2 is noticeably better and worth the upgrade if you're into VR. I got the quest 2 and gave the quest 1 to my kids.

like this
I have both, the Quest 2 is noticeably better and worth the upgrade if you're into VR. I got the quest 2 and gave the quest 1 to my kids.

Gotcha. Any issue with the software you bought previously? I mean using it on the 2?

What other upgrades did you do? Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

Thanks.

I tried using my Creative BT-W3 on the Oculus. Basically it’s a USB C Bluetooth dongle to connect to my headphones. No go. I did use the native Bluetooth connection and it did remarkably well.

Gotcha. Any issue with the software you bought previously? I mean using it on the 2?

What other upgrades did you do? Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

Thanks.

I tried using my Creative BT-W3 on the Oculus. Basically it’s a USB C Bluetooth dongle to connect to my headphones. No go. I did use the native Bluetooth connection and it did remarkably well.

The only accessories I've gotten for the Quest 2 are a charging station, a golf club handle for gofl+, and the official link cable (which I no longer use). I've had no issues running any software, either PC or native Quest. I have to do an occasional driver update (mostly gpu) to make sure the Oculus link works (either air or cable), but once that works, everything else does as well.

Back