OC'ing tips on 3800+ amd x2

d4nnn

[H]ard|Gawd
currently i have my x2 at 2800mhz the 3800+

my ram sucks balls , so its at a divider @ 233mhz

fsb at 280 10x multiplier

my vcore is at 1.7v though

wondering whats the safest vcore i can have on these wihtout acutally going overborad?

well maybe overboard is differnt for you guys but yeah, wondering if i wont severaly dmg my chip if i go anyhigher.

also any ram recommendations? looking for at least 2gb's to oc with

thanks

oh forgot to mention i was on water idle temps around 38, load temps in the high 40's

edit: toned my vocre down to 1.6-1.65 and dropped the oc a bit.

thoguth iw as getting ab it ahead of myself; will try agian later

d4nnn said:
also any ram recommendations? looking for at least 2gb's to oc with
budget? :D

also.. i personally wouldn't go over 1.6v if you plan on keeping that cpu for very long. :p

wadec22 said:
With those temps he should be fine with that high a core, shouldn't he?

i can bump my pressy's vcore to 1.65 with it loading at 60C on air but it still doesnt mean its fine.

Honestly curious here. So with a max full load temp of 45c you think I'm putting too much voltage (1.65v) to my Winchester? Greatly reducing it's lifespan?

Just a tidbit of info here... If you go to www.dfi-street.com/forum and check out the AMD overclocking section. There is a guy who just did a great statistical analysis of their oc database (only amd on dfi boards) and the average cpu voltage was 1.57. I realize this may not say a whole lot being that a good chunk of the postings may not care about the long term life span of their proc. I just thought it would be good to show that their are a lot of oc'ers out there who don't have a problem pushing some extra volts to their procs. :)

also.. i personally wouldn't go over 1.6v if you plan on keeping that cpu for very long

Bah, if he gets 2 years outta it and it blows up, he'll replace it later. Those who dare to go against the grain, sometimes reap the largest rewards. Sure, they get burned (or their CPU does) sometimes, but its that desire to push on, that keeps things interesting does it not?

Besides, Kyle needs pictures of a X2 Keychain. Would it need 2 holes in it, to hold both cores? :p

Back