• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC'ing e6750... which to believe?

loft

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
258
So... I'm a little annoyed. I've always used CoreTemp... but lately I'm reading that RealTemp is more accurate. So, which should I go by?


Image hosting
 
Doing Intel Burn Test... temps are 5c higher through CoreTemp and RealTemp...
 
IIRC, Tj Max is 100C for that chip.

If I'm thinking correctly, it looks like Real Temp has the Tj max at 95C.

I vote, stick with Core Temp.
 
Yeah, just looked and RT is set to 95c.

Can't decide if I want to push it more or leave it as is...
 
You might get it up to 3.4, but you probably won't notice the difference.

Not worth the wear, tear, heat, and hassle for such an insiginficant gain.
 
Don't worry about it as 5C don't make a noteworthy difference. TJMax is closer to 100C on that chip, so what I did was bump up the Real Temp TJMax to 100C. Problem solved, same readings.

If you check, it is also probably closer to the BIOS readings that you get, as well as the readings from numerous other programs (Everest, HWMonitor, etc).
 
Back
Top