OCAU in the [H]'s sights & Countdown to Overtake!

kaleb_zero said:
lol.. school techy wont allow that unfortunately.. so i'll be going from 70+ borgs down to my 3 home PCs, 2 of which are pretty crappy celerons with 256 of memory, and the third of which is my uncle's and isn't on much.. only good news is, some of the labs i have borged have a tendancy of not getting shut down at the end of the day.. lets hope that holds true for the last day of school. ;)

Enable Wake On LAN on machines + list of IP address's + machine inside network set to ping all IP's after techy leaves = win ;)

tdg said:
Enable Wake On LAN on machines + list of IP address's + machine inside network set to ping all IP's after techy leaves = win ;)

man, that would be crafty as all hell..

Sneaky yes, but if the admin said no.... well no means no! ;)

everything at school is logged pretty tightly - i know, because I've seen the logs. I once tried to disable the log services to no avail just for kicks.. Anyways, I'd rather have 70 borgs folding for the rest of the year than risk loosing them for 2 weeks of folding. Theres still 3 or 4 more machines I have to borg in one lab, but they're almost in constant use (nothing cycle-intensive, mostly word prossessing and that sort of thing), so I'll have to try to get at them sometime during one of my spares or lunch break.

Here we go... only a shade over 1.3 mil to go, and we are still gaining fast. We're going to be a little late for Christmas, but what a great way to head into the new year!

It's been 11 months since I last visited the forum. At that time, if I recall correctly, we had been surpassed by the folders from down under. What a pleasant surprise to return and see that we are about to return the favor. Fold on!

p[H]ant0m said:
Here we go... only a shade over 1.3 mil to go, and we are still gaining fast. We're going to be a little late for Christmas, but what a great way to head into the new year!

Awesome!!! We've gained 849,453 in 7 days!!!! This is going to be more exciting than watching the World Series......at least WE win when it's over :D

Guess I'm going to have to get my 2.4ghz 2500+ back up and running tonight. That'll add another 1,200+ ppw and give us the extra push over the top :cool:

Just checked back on the status of our take-over, and this graph is really looking nicer with every day that passes - literally! Their forums are pretty active with new recruits it seems though, so lets keep the pressure on, more recruiting, more borging, spread the word!!! :cool:

kaleb_zero said:
Just checked back on the status of our take-over, and this graph is really looking nicer with every day that passes - literally! Their forums are pretty active with new recruits it seems though, so lets keep the pressure on, more recruiting, more borging, spread the word!!! :cool:

that graph makes me happy ;)

9 days left! Keep em coming guy!

1,068,070 Points left!

Borg like you've never borged before. Give them such a huge gap that by the time they try to catch us it'll be winter again! Don't let your borg down! I know I'm not.

Fold on people! For tuxedoedShrimp

chileman said:
9 days left! Keep em coming guy!

1,068,070 Points left!

Borg like you've never borged before. Give them such a huge gap that by the time they try to catch us it'll be winter again! Don't let your borg down! I know I'm not.

Fold on people! For tuxedoedShrimp

Earlier this year, we weren't able to catch up and pass until summer was coming upon us. This time, we're doing it in the middle of our winter and in their summer. If we can keep this pace up and add some more, we should have a huge lead by the time they have a chance to catch back up.

Keep borging and adding machines. I plan on doing so and you should too. To hell with the electric bill. I should be able to get a second job to pay for it by the time it catches up to me. :D

Fold Long. Fold Strong. Fold [H]ard.

For The [H]orde!

My production will actually be up during the holidays. Not because of any new borgs, but because my work laptop will be furiously folding here at home instead of wasting 10 hours a day doing nothing because of work.

I got the 2.4ghz barton back up and foldng 24/7. All I need now is 512mb of ram and I can get an 1800+ doing something besides collect dust :D

Unfortunately, my celeron 2.6GHz Dell folder is down for the count. Refuses to boot into windows, shuts itself off after reaching the loading screen. It's a gx270 matx box with all the proprietary dell crap on the inside. Might be the PSU, not sure yet. I may pull everything out and see if I can get it going nekkid with a different PSU when I have time this weekend . . . . . :mad: :( :mad: :(

Captain Colonoscopy said:
Unfortunately, my celeron 2.6GHz Dell folder is down for the count. Refuses to boot into windows, shuts itself off after reaching the loading screen. It's a gx270 matx box with all the proprietary dell crap on the inside. Might be the PSU, not sure yet. I may pull everything out and see if I can get it going nekkid with a different PSU when I have time this weekend . . . . . :mad: :( :mad: :(

Hate to say it, but look closely at the capacitors in that boxen. The GX270s are under investigation for another version of the exploding caps garbage.

Strikemaster said:
The GX270s are under investigation for another version of the exploding caps garbage.

hmm... we have a bunch of GX270s here at work... 2 of them (in our office alone) have died... just stopped powering on... the first one died about 5 months ago....our IT guy talked with Dell, they sent a new PSU.... it didn't work..... so they sent a new MB.... no go..... they they sent him a whole new box..... I looked at the board while he was messing around with it, but I didn't see any blown/bulging caps... and about a month ago, another one died, I guess that this one just needed a new MB and PSU.... I'm typing this on a P4 2.66 GX270 right now.... the others that failed were actually 2.4s......

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Strikemaster said:
Hate to say it, but look closely at the capacitors in that boxen. The GX270s are under investigation for another version of the exploding caps garbage.

I thought I had read that it may have been GX280's that were having this problem. I would hope not as I'm currently using one here at work. I still say they should have let me build an Athlon 64 box instead of getting this Dell. At least the computer would be cooler and quieter. Plus, I could have probably gotten a gig of RAM in this thing.

FULL FOLD AHEAD!!!!!

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

<Mr. Burns>Exxxxxxcelllllllennnnnnntttttt.....</Mr. Burns> :cool:

Have you flogged a roo today?

With us producing over 500k points a day, for many days in a row now... with an average of over 100k a day ++ production compared to OCAU... the ducky will come home soon..

Compared to a few months ago when we were astonished that we even got CLOSE to 500k a few times!

EDIT: Can you believe it... half a million points.....a DAY.

I'm trying to get everything I can folding to help overtake. I found out today I lost an AthlonXP 2700+ (I think) who was a 24/7 folder up until Christmas break, and it won't be back online until after Christmas break. In the meantime though, I emailed a friend about borging his server, if not his whole network, and I picked up a Pentium3 800somethingMHz, and I'm working on borging another friend's X2 3800+. We gotta overtake these sissies. :p

Edit: Just got a 24/7 2.8GHz Pentium4 folder. Score! :D

Full Folding Ahead!

yes they were passed earlier this year in fact for a couple of weeks but i think we are gonna just kick their asses this year for good

Cool, I just added two more borgs till at least next friday!

Borg,Borg,Borg,Borg,Borg!

Back