maleficarus
Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 17, 2004
- Messages
- 744
Ok I have a question about what is considered safe temps for my E8400 when overclocked. Using the temp program "Real Temp 3.4" when my chip is oc'd to 3.6Ghz I idle at around 52.0C give or take. It goes up a few and drops a few all the time. When I'm under full load for example using the "Intel Burn Test v.2.4" it goes up to 105.0C which in turn forces real temp 3.4 to go into alarm mode and throttles down my 3.6GHz OC to 2.3GHz. Is this too high? I would naturally assume it is at least under full load. I know 50.0C surfin and stuff is not hot for any Intel chip as I used to have a Prescott and that chip ran high 60's idle. I'm using stock Intel cooling fan in my Antec 4480B mini-tower case with one 120mm fan at the back sucking hot air out and one side intake fan drawing fresh air in.
Running stock speeds (3Ghz) I idle 40.0C and under full load jump to around 55.0C.
Can any of you [H] overclockers tell me what is considered ok and what is not?
Running stock speeds (3Ghz) I idle 40.0C and under full load jump to around 55.0C.
Can any of you [H] overclockers tell me what is considered ok and what is not?
Last edited:

