OC on a P35-DS3L

Charlie_D

Gawd
How many people here have experience with this board? I got it as a budget solution for a Q6600. It's fine at stock voltages up to 3Ghz, but doesn't want to stay stable if I push up to or past 3.2, even if I up the voltage. I'm not popping the vcore further than 1.35v currently, as it looks like I need to re-lap the the heatsink / IHS; it's running under load at 63C.

The chip is a G0 stepping. 3Ghz is of course fine, but if I can pull a few more Mhz out of it... why not? :p Maybe I just need to get on with it and raise the vcore further, but this same heatsink (SI-128 SE) on the other Q6600 ran at least 10C cooler under load at the same speed.

I have a p35-ds3L and a q6600 G0 as well. I'm running on stock voltages @ 3ghz. I also replaced the crappy stock northbridge heatsink with a Syba model from Newegg. It's 100% copper and cool to the touch at full load. My guess is that you have not changed your stock northbridge cooler and it is running into an overheating problem.

Quite possible since you're right, I haven't touched the stock NB heatsink. Maybe I should give it a feel, see how warm it is :)

Back