• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC issues

wee96

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
2,165
Ive got an Abit UL8, Athlon64 3200+ Venice, and two 512 Corsair XMS (DDR400) sticks. Got good cooling, temp's are below 50c even at full load, but I am gettin this strange problem. I can up the cpu to 2.5ghz and it runs without a hitch.I get a "system disk failure" upon rebooting after the systems warmed up though, setting it back to stock speeds and it boots fine again. This board doesnt have all the tweaks id like it to, but I can set the ram to DDR333 so when im uppin the cpu fsb it stays close to stock speeds. The HTT option on this board has 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1000. I assumed this was the multiplier setting and ive tried going all the way down to 200 to see if thats the issue and it doesnt change. Think its just this motherboard? Its fairly new and cheap, uses the ULi chipset and its only got the initial bios release out so far. I guess im just wondering why im gettin the "system disk failure" error.
 
wee96 said:
Ive got an Abit UL8, Athlon64 3200+ Venice, and two 512 Corsair XMS (DDR400) sticks. Got good cooling, temp's are below 50c even at full load, but I am gettin this strange problem. I can up the cpu to 2.5ghz and it runs without a hitch.I get a "system disk failure" upon rebooting after the systems warmed up though, setting it back to stock speeds and it boots fine again. This board doesnt have all the tweaks id like it to, but I can set the ram to DDR333 so when im uppin the cpu fsb it stays close to stock speeds. The HTT option on this board has 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1000. I assumed this was the multiplier setting and ive tried going all the way down to 200 to see if thats the issue and it doesnt change. Think its just this motherboard? Its fairly new and cheap, uses the ULi chipset and its only got the initial bios release out so far. I guess im just wondering why im gettin the "system disk failure" error.

maybe the PCI/AGP lock isn't working. I seem to remember that was a big problem with VIA a while ago.
 
Yea the more I think about it the more thats gotta be it, its pushin the hdc too hard. Sucks cuz its stable as hell otherwise, I can usually get it to boot then leave it on for days or weeks without having to reboot but then if I have to reboot I have to either leave it off for a few or set the settings back heheh. Doesnt give me the option to change the lock in 1mhz incriments either (the 67 deal).
 
Post over at the Abit forum on their website. Someone over there might be more familiar with that board.
 
I get the same error when my HTT is set to auto or in other words 1000mhz. Setting to 800mhz fixed it for me but my venice can't go higher than 2.7ghz at 1.55v which is the max my MB will allow. Even then I get an error in P95 after only 4 hours. I'm thinking these later revision venices are good only up to 2.5-2.6ghz without giving them more voltage than it's worth.

So set HTT to 800mhz first if you haven't already and try from there.
 
Back
Top