Oblivion will be PS3 launch title

your 'everyone' doesnt include me...as i do not own a 360

its a smart move to cross platform oblivion... those who are waiting for the ps3 probably have not yet purchased a 360... and those who are into console gaming will not be avid PC gamers... which generally covers those who have not yet played oblivion

yeah really, everyones already played it. I bet it looked better on my PC with all the mods than it will on the PS3 anyway...

Good news for those waiting for the PS3. I'm not getting one, at least not right now, because of the price, but this would probably be the launch game I'd get for the PS3.

how will the psp handle this?

oh i already know...

a washed down version of oblivion

Had it on X360, ran into a skill stuck bug that some PC modders fixed, so I traded it for the PC version. The mods really complete the experience for me.While it played well on the console, it's just better on PC.

But.. everyone deserves to enjoy this game. :)

what's with all the hate?
noone is forcing you to buy it

how is this bad for Bethesda, again?

michealo said:
what's with all the hate?
noone is forcing you to buy it

how is this bad for Bethesda, again?

Well that's the trend nowadays

if it's for Ps3 it suxorz... :rolleyes:
anyway I don't like oblivion, didn't like it on pc, not even with mods...
but there are people who haven't played it... as there are those who will go crazy about a new faction in the game.

According to OPM it has about 10-20 hours of extra content, not that it matters to me much. I couldnt really get into oblivion the first time, but this should be great news for the ones who have not played it yet.

Stereophile said:
Hopefully the extra content is an integrated expansion coming for PC too.

The PC has plenty it doesn't need whatever this stuff is. Download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, tons of new content.

No surprise, considering when Oblivion was originally announced it was supposed to be a PS3 title as well.

Good news, though.
I won't get it (already have it on the PC), but that's really cool for people who don't want a 360 or whose PC isn't up to spec.

CodeX said:
The PC has plenty it doesn't need whatever this stuff is. Download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, tons of new content.

Speak for yourself.
As good as OOO is, it doesn't do what an official expansion can accomplish.

CodeX said:

The heck with that, I want more Brotherhood stuff. Either that, or some post-main-quest stuff to detail just what happens after the end.

As for the PS3 launch-item thing -- I thought that MS would have demanded some kind of console-exclusivity thing?

Im sorry but I cant believe that it is going to launch for the PS3. I dont remember hearing anything about it being in development for it untill 2 months befor launch.

It will be a oblivion BASED game for the psp, but I don't see it being the same genre...
and same stuff.

Michael.R said:
Im sorry but I cant believe that it is going to launch for the PS3. I dont remember hearing anything about it being in development for it untill 2 months befor launch.

It's obviously been in development since last year.
From the official website:

"Bethesda Softworks® announced today that its blockbuster role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ will be a launch title for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system this November in North America"

http://www.elderscrolls.com/news/press_092806.htm

I'm waiting for the D.S. version :p

I think that Oblivion will somehow be the "big" game for the PS3 release. Cause I can't think of anything else. **$$GT4$$*EH.

too bad the graphics are butchered on the PS3 version
http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3150341

mediamq3.jpg

Bad_Boy said:
looks just like the 360 version to me.
I agree.

Also, the Oblivion PSP is called The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion.
If any you have ever played any Elder Scrolls Travels games, then you know what to expect, basically. They're not much to speak of graphically, but then again, was Arena or Daggerfall?
Anyway, it's supposed to take place somewhere else... aka not Cyrodiil.

Bad_Boy said:
looks just like the 360 version to me.

Awesome. The PS3's power must be immense to be able to match a game that came out six months ago for a supposedly inferior system. The reflections and grass were unnecessary features.

yeah it looks like the 360 version without reflections or grass

but minor details ya know

Yeah, I'm guessing that's not right... unless they did a really quick port and had problems.

K600 said:
Awesome. The PS3's power must be immense to be able to match a game that came out six months ago for a supposedly inferior system. The reflections and grass were unnecessary features.
You seriously got issues man.

Zinn said:
yeah it looks like the 360 version without reflections or grass

but minor details ya know
there are parts in the 360 version without grass. and the water in the 360 version isnt really that impressive either.

the-elder-scrolls-iv-hands-on-20060224062544198.jpg

obviously the pc version is the superior version hands down.

Rugeroni said:
have you looked at this game on a 360??
yep, even played it as well.

thisisverysadjaroshverysadww5.jpg

really not much difference between the two. considering the water is at different angles and different locations, id say they are about the same.

it is really disappointing to see that after all this time of hearing Sony tout the PS3 as the greatest thing since the dedicated graphics card, that the system is going to be cut back so much in terms of power compared to their original plans. I would hate to see Sony mess up the ps3, but by the looks of things, if they want to fix this, it better have one hell of a launch line-up. If not, then the 360 November price drop will destroy Sony's "console reign". My PC *specs in sig* isn't supposed to be 1/2 as powerful as the ps3 was originally planned out to be...and yet when it comes to games like oblivion, my computer can render it better......wtf?

I think what you have to remember, for the most part this is a PC port. PC's can have much higher memory than the 360 or PS3 can have, so the textures will most likely be downgraded.
In this case oblivion is no different than some other PC to Console ports that dont look as good as the PC version.

Since the PS3 is running a Nvidia GPU, will it be able to run HDR plus AA like the 360 version?

Would be interesting to see.

Shadow27 said:
Since the PS3 is running a Nvidia GPU, will it be able to run HDR plus AA like the 360 version?

Would be interesting to see.
Good question, but did the xbox360 version use HDR and AA together in Oblivion? I know it can be done on the PC with an ATI video card, but only with the Chuck Patch. Anyways the PS3 version will probably just apply HDR with no AA.

I am glad to see the PS3 get a great game, but I do hope any extra content in the PS3 version is download-able on Marketplace

Good news for those without a 360 or PC capable of running it, even though they'll probably feel dissapointed that they got the gimp version of the game since it won't have tons of free mods available for it. I know I felt similarly about the 360 version.

ClearM4 said:
Good question, but did the xbox360 version use HDR and AA together in Oblivion? I know it can be done on the PC with an ATI video card, but only with the Chuck Patch. Anyways the PS3 version will probably just apply HDR with no AA.

I am glad to see the PS3 get a great game, but I do hope any extra content in the PS3 version is download-able on Marketplace

It did HDR and Bloom, but I think it only had the standard 4xAA. I didn't really notice any jags at 720p, but I'm sure they're there if you look hard enough.

ClearM4 said:

Yes it did, oblivion runs at 720p with 4xAA

Apoxi said:
it is really disappointing to see that after all this time of hearing Sony tout the PS3 as the greatest thing since the dedicated graphics card, that the system is going to be cut back so much in terms of power compared to their original plans. I would hate to see Sony mess up the ps3, but by the looks of things, if they want to fix this, it better have one hell of a launch line-up. If not, then the 360 November price drop will destroy Sony's "console reign". My PC *specs in sig* isn't supposed to be 1/2 as powerful as the ps3 was originally planned out to be...and yet when it comes to games like oblivion, my computer can render it better......wtf?
Its a shit console port, bethseda is a SHITTY developer who deserves no respect anymore, while I hate the PS3 I have no issue lashing out at bethseda.

Back