Obligatory "Best PC exclusive of 2013" thread

I can't even think of a single PC exclusive game other than mmos released this year to begin with..

Arma 3 or path of exile maybe?

Path of Exile is the only thing that comes to mind. Not sure that counts though since it's been publicly available far longer.

I can't even think of a single PC exclusive game other than mmos released this year to begin with..

Arma 3 or path of exile maybe?

Yeah I can't think of an exclusive either. I don't know why they would even do that since consoles bring in more money anyways.

Just to name a game, I would say The division is the one game I am counting days for.

Path of Exile for me.

Nothing else really stacked up. Expeditions: Conquistador was pretty good. The Swapper = not bad. Machine for Pigs = not bad.

Yeah I can't think of an exclusive either. I don't know why they would even do that since consoles bring in more money anyways.

Just to name a game, I would say The division is the one game I am counting days for.

The Division isn't out yet and is coming on PS4 also..

For 2013 PC exclusive... maybe Company of Heroes 2, Rome Total War II or SC2 : HoTS maybe?? :confused:

Dota 2 if it counts :)

Guess the only exclusive that I think of are RTS :) (except Dota)

Had a hard time thinking of exclusives. Here are some well reviewed games, including Expansions, released in 2013:

DOTA 2
SC2: HotS
Europa Universalis IV
Civ V: Brave New World
Path of Exile
ArmA 3
Company of Heroes 2
Gun Point
Reus
Sang Froid
Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
AntiChamber

Out of those I'd pick Dota 2 or SC2;HotS

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3. Still getting updates for the content rolled out, some of it won't be done until 2014. Technically I bought the beta in 2012.

[strike=---]Asassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Tomb Raider for runner-up[/s]

I've got... nothing at the moment. :(

Last edited:
Read the topic title.... PC EXCLUSIVE ;)

NVM someone pointed it before me :)

YES, I failed :mad: ...horribly. I've played Path of Exile but I wasn't fully drawn in. I can't think of any PC exclusives that made me feel shellshocked with joy.

I need to go through my backlog & figure out if any 2013 title is worthy of GotY.

It's been a terrible year for gaming let alone pc gaming.

I'd completely disagree. Sure, there weren't a ton of PC gaming exclusives that made a huge impact. But there are some heavy hitters:
DOTA 2
SC2: HotS
Path of Exile
ArmA 3
Company of Heroes 2

Then there are the big hitter multiplatform games:
Dead Space 3
Crysis 3
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil 6
Bioshock Infinite
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Metro Last Light
Grid 2
Deadpool
Pay Day 2
Saints Row 4
Splinter Cell Blacklist
The Burea XCom Declassified
Final Fantasy 14 a Realm Reborn
Lost Planet 3
Rayman Legends
Call of Duty Ghost
Injustice Gods Among Us
XCOM Enemy Within
Need for Speed Rivals

There's been TONS of big titles to play this year. Some of it didn't review well. Some may not be your style. But I wouldn't call that a bad year for gaming. You can also look at all of the non-mainstream-blockbuster-type games, and the list grows. Add on top all of the big indie successes and the little indie gems and there's even more.

-edit-

Also, Crimson. Game of the Year is exactly that, the best get of the year. By definition there is one game that came out in 2013 that is worthy of the title of PC Exclusive Game of the Year. It will be the game you consider to be the best of the bunch, of the year. You may not like it as much as any number of games from any other year, but that's not the point.

I was going to pick The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, but low and behold it was on the Xbox aswell.....So I am going to pick Path of Exile. Not that it even counts because it was already accessible last year.\

My overall Game of the Years is Metro Last Light

Also, Crimson. Game of the Year is exactly that, the best get of the year. By definition there is one game that came out in 2013 that is worthy of the title of PC Exclusive Game of the Year. It will be the game you consider to be the best of the bunch, of the year. You may not like it as much as any number of games from any other year, but that's not the point.

I'll see if Strike Suit Zero is epic enough for me. SC2: HotS was good but didn't keep my interest when I kept failing a mission in SP.

YES, I failed :mad: ...horribly. I've played Path of Exile but I wasn't fully drawn in. I can't think of any PC exclusives that made me feel shellshocked with joy.

Damn dude what are you doing to my thread?! :p

It is telling that a lot of the best games I've played this year are indeed multiplatform. You named two of them already. Bioshock Infinite is another one.

PC Exclusives: Probably going to be making a call on Arma 3 and/or Path of Exile as well. Shoot, if Witcher 3 was out right now I can guaran-damn-tee this thread would be a one trick pony. ;)

Damn dude what are you doing to my thread?! :p

It is telling that a lot of the best games I've played this year are indeed multiplatform. You named two of them already. Bioshock Infinite is another one.

PC Exclusives: Probably going to be making a call on Arma 3 and/or Path of Exile as well. Shoot, if Witcher 3 was out right now I can guaran-damn-tee this thread would be a one trick pony. ;)

Except Witcher 3 isn't PC exclusive :p

Honestly, despite the bullshit surrounding it, I've found myself coming back to SimCity over and over.

If it had bigger cities and no required online play, I would have no problems calling it game of the year. As it is... it's still a unfullfilled promise.

the quality of ports has improved substantially in 2013 (and should only improve going forward with the next-gen consoles being DX11) so the 'PC Exclusive' tag no longer has the same stamp of quality...not to mention that exclusives on PC are pretty much dead

Just to name a few more PC exclusives:

Outlast
The Novelist
World of Warplanes
Redshirt
Risk of Rain
Forced
Salvation Prophecy
The Stanley parable

I could go on.

the quality of ports has improved substantially in 2013 (and should only improve going forward with the next-gen consoles being DX11) so the 'PC Exclusive' tag no longer has the same stamp of quality...not to mention that exclusives on PC are pretty much dead

PC has way more exclusives than consoles. The problem is most of them are platformers, puzzle games, niche simulators, niche RPG and an assortment of other indie stuff.

Just to name a few more PC exclusives:

Outlast
The Novelist
World of Warplanes
Redshirt
Risk of Rain
Forced
Salvation Prophecy
The Stanley parable

I could go on.

I wouldn't really count The Stanley Parable. Many of us played it a couple years ago, before the HD remake.

Outlast looked cool, though.

qZ8mPG0l.jpg

The pic is huge. (and a little old)

AAA exclusives on PC may be hard to come by but the indie scene is alive and well with PC exclusives.

Path of Exile for sure. Conquistadors was good too. I discovered War Thunder about a month ago and have enjoyed that immensely.

I'm getting impatient for all my kickstarters to actually be released, namely Carmageddeon, Grim Dawn, Project Eternity, and Wing Commander MMO aka RSI aka I don't even remember its real name anymore.

yes I keep forgetting about the indie titles...my vote is a tie between Outlast and Machine for Pigs...I forgot about those survival horror PC exclusives

Back