Obivion GOTY worth it for $50?

RyanH

Limp Gawd
Well tommorrow I plan on going to best buy to purchase Fallout 3 but I'm also very interested in trying their previous hit game Oblivion Elder Scrolls 4. I checked their website and it says I can get the Game of the Year Edition which includes the 2 expansions The Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine for $49.99 or I can get the basic edition for just $29.99. Now consider that I will almost certainly complete most or all of the quests as I'm the hardcore gamer type that tries to complete everything is it worth it to pony up the extra $20 for the 2 expansions or should I just buy the basic game. There isn't a demo for this game is there? As you can see in my sig my setup should be more then capable for playing this game (and Fallout 3 too hopefully since it's on a modified version of the same engine as Oblivion from what I hear).

I would just get the original and then buy the expansions later. Also tons of official plugins can be found on the oblivion website. There's more than enough material to keep you occupied before you even get close to Shivering Isles or Knights of The Nine. I would highly recommend getting the plugins ASAP though.

Id wait for it to go on sale... Ive seen GOTY cheaper than that. Game is what 1-2 years old now.. should be able to find a good deal on it somewhere.

Get the basic game. You can find it shipped free at the egg for $26.99 and I'm sure someone has it even less than that on ebay or something. Then just DL whatever you want/need.

And no no demo

Have you done Morrowind (ES:3) yet? That game (GOTY edition) is dirt cheap, and if you can live with the somewhat aged graphics and lame storyline (still said to be better than Oblivion), you'd have one of the better gaming values to ever come out. I've been playing the game for weeks, and I'm not even a quarter of the way through yet. No it's not great, but as a time-waster for loot/fetch quests/general exploration there is certainly nothing better.

I myself have still not touched Oblivion solely due to price. I don't think I've seen a game yet that has kept its price so high after so long, it's weird.

Ya I just decided to wait it out on this game, theres too many new titles coming out to fit in the time anyway. If it's any indication though I'm flatout loving Fallout 3. thx for the half.com link though found some great deals on there.

Ya I just decided to wait it out on this game, theres too many new titles coming out to fit in the time anyway. If it's any indication though I'm flatout loving Fallout 3. thx for the half.com link though found some great deals on there.

Its true there are a ton of great games hitting the market now. Oblivion is a worthwhile title and still looks great even compared with some of this years best stuff. In a way you're stepping backwards to play it in terms of technology. But if its still new to you theres something to be said for that as well.

I'd pay 50 for it, got up there as one of my favorite games of all time. Of course if you can find it cheaper go with that.

Recently they were on sale here for 10 euro (release version + both expansions)

I saw a goty edition for the 360 used at gamestop for like 35$ a few weeks ago

If you don't mind the wait, amazon has used copies of the GoTY edition starting at about 20 dollars or so...worth a look imho.

50 bucks are you kidding me?

for the amount of gameplay you get i would gladly pay $200++++

Back