NZXT psu's?

perry753

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
115
I have a Vantec ION2 460W psu that just broke on me. I swapped in a new graphics card, it booted once for 2 seconds (literally), and shut down. Ever since then, it wouldn't power up. The new graphics card does work.

Anyways, I just received a weekly NewEgg newsletter about deals and I saw that a PSU from NZXT was on sale: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817116001

model: PRC-550W-AP

I want a cheap psu. I could only find one review on this psu.
http://blogs.tech-recipes.com/tipmonkies/2006/05/29/hardware-review-nzxt-prc-550w-psu/

pc specs:
Intel QX6800 @ 3.2Ghz
G.skill 2x1gb ddr2-800
nvidia 8800GTS 320mb (no oc)
2x 250gb hd
1 cd/dvd reader/writer

Is this psu good for me? Does it have everything for my pc (like the 12v rail stuff)?

thanks for reading
 
Cheap PSU and your rig is not a good combo. You spent $1000 on the CPU and can't pony up the cash for a decent PSU?

Also, 35A on the +12V rail is not too good for a 550W PSU IMO.

If your budget is that limited, I recommend getting this PSU:
Enhance ENP-5150GH 500W PSU - $69

36A on the +12V rail which is not bad for a 500W PSU. Here's proper PSU review of the Enhance PSU:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=14

Would the Corsair 520 HX be sufficient? I found them on sale last week within my budget (need to find though).
 
Back
Top