NVTune kill ny mobo?

DEVILDOG

Limp Gawd
I was doing some tweaking on my new evga mobo. I set the fsb too high, and had to reset cmos, the led display came up FF, but no post. After several attempts, and no post, I pulled the battery, and got things going again. But rhen every time I try to use any of the Nvtune items the system hardlocks as soon as it tries to load.So I reinstalled windows, reloaded the bios, and am lost for any explanation, other than the northbridge died somewhat. Anybody have that sort of problem, or solution?

it was working fine until you set the FSB too high correct? Is it back at its default setting? I don't think it damaged it, usually when it is set to high and doesn't post, something in your rig can't support the frequency that high and refuses to function properly to prevent damage, thus resetting the bus should fix it. Also, you may want to try lowering it below the manufacturers rating. And i wouldn't rule out bad memory, run memtest86+ and see what you get.

Yeah nTune is screwed up, on this particular mobo anyways.

Dont really like that program, I use MyGuard which is ugly as hell lol.

I was doing it in the bios, then the restarting fiasco. Then nvtune hardlocks. So does just about any other diagnostic, like cpu-z. I think one of the chips is borked.

Back