NVME support

also, it probably goes without saying, but any boards that don't have a built-in NVMe M.2 slot will need a modded BIOS to allow booting from an adapted NVMe drive.

I have the pci Express adapter. I installed it in every slot but the one you said. I will try when I get home. Thanks for the help

With the default bios, you can probably only read the drive inside Windows. The motherboard likely will not even detect it. That was my experience with an H77 board. I booted off a 2.5” and used the NVME only for storage.

There are a few NVMe drives that have a legacy boot ROM that will allow it to be seen by older computers. The Samsung 950 pro comes to mind. I used it with my x58 motherboard without issue.

I can't think of any modern ones though.

I'm using a P87 motherboard with NVME PCI-E adapter. The motherboard BIOS doesn't see it (as storage). Windows see it fine, just couldn't be used as boot drive (since motherboard doesn't see it).

I'm using a P87 motherboard with NVME PCI-E adapter. The motherboard BIOS doesn't see it (as storage). Windows see it fine, just couldn't be used as boot drive (since motherboard doesn't see it).
I can't get the mobo or windows to see mine.....

I can't get the mobo or windows to see mine.....

Does your mobo maker have either a bios update and/or an nvme driver available (you may need both or only one) ? If so install it & reboot, install the m.2 and reboot again & see what happens :)

Back