• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nvidias next card

woahly crap looks like a squashed and very wide Xp-120 Heatsink

I cant wait to see how that cooler cools..
 
Dudeyourlame said:
woahly crap looks like a squashed and very wide Xp-120 Heatsink

I cant wait to see how that cooler cools..

Can´t wait to see the specs that NEED this type of cooling. ;) Lets SLI them babys and have some fun. :D Most likely my next card, should be good step from a 6800nu. :D
 
So how does that cooler work? :confused: Does it exhaust half the air in the case and the other half out the back?
 
I wish some of these card companies would sell us cheaper bare versions of their cards. I WC my stuff so I just take apart these fancy coolers and throw them in the box.
 
AeriaGloris said:
The heatsink on there makes me think of a dual-gpu card
The PCB ain't big enough for this to be a dual-GPU card. Also, you can see from the back of the card that it only has one GPU anyway.
 
It simply looks like a dual slot 7800GTX with a monster fan.
 
Im glad I waited now to do an upgrade to pci-express. I knew nvidia would release an ultra. I think there was a reason behind putting it off. They wanted the FASTEST card. But I think it was kinda lame for nvidia to lead us consumers on with releasing a product thinking it was the best, then later release a superior card. I think nvidia was obligated to release a product to the consumer, but also to put out the best card and compete with ATI.

This ULTRA version looks awesome. Now those of YOU who ran out and bought the GTX for over $600 right away are gonna lose alot of money when you just have to buy the ULTRA now. Patience is a virtue!!!

But the determing factor for which card I get when i upgrade will obviosly be the price and benchmarks. If the ultra is that much faster, then you cant afford not too.

I heard from someone on here that they heard since the ultra will be available, the gtx will drop to like 399 and the ultra will be 499 or something like that.

Im glad im patient, the gtx has only been out a few weeks and look how much the price has dropped 600 > 529
 
well no way that things fitting in my shuttle without dremel work. shoot. that and I don't have any NEED for anything faster than the GTX. Next time I upgrade is when the new AMD processors come out.
 
any idea wen this monster is launched/released?

btw wat would NEED a cooler w 4 heat pipes on a video card...and a BIG fan?
 
Wow that's quite a big thing,

Either this card is ubder fast, uber cold, or Nvidia is having heat issues.
 
karl76 said:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=657331&postcount=72

Looks pretty sweet! ;) It is their secret weapon (G71), who knows, but the INQ was right about the cooling and the 512MB.
idhitit-29849.jpg
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/idhitit-29849.jpg
 
Render said:
any idea wen this monster is launched/released?

btw wat would NEED a cooler w 4 heat pipes on a video card...and a BIG fan?

I guess it will be released most likely IF the R520 is a lot faster than the GTX or if it has some unique feature. If this isn´t the case, this card will be the refresh, released approx. Spring 06. Of course this is all guessing, time will tell what really these pictures do show and when all this will hit the market.

The 4 heatpipes spread the generated heat faster over a bigger area and a BIG fan has the advantage to move more air at lower rpm, which is usually a very quiet alternative to a fast spinning small fan.
 
Hate_Bot said:
Wow that's quite a big thing,

Either this card is ubder fast, uber cold, or Nvidia is having heat issues.

Consider this. The GTX is a very cool card despite being the current leader of the pack, far cooler than the 6800 GT or Ultra. This is why it has a single slot cooling solution.

This same "engineering" accomplishment is most likely still in the core, so imagine what phenominal increases in Core freq, Memory, etc have occured to require such a cooling solution. I suspect this is the Goliath killer they have in reserve that is sure to be impressive.
 
well if Sony is making a g70 varient the RSX on .09 why can't nvidia just use the same process to make thier ultra version with super high clocks. They are hitting 550mhz with no special insulator or strained silicon at .11 so it might be possible to get 700mhz or more with a good cooler on a .09 with some kind of resitance dropping manufacturing process.
 
illgiveumorality said:
Looks like a dual processor card to me, maybe just a single slot sli card
Friends, you can tell it's not a dual GPU card by looking at the back of it.
27341505_b566c4dc0c_o.jpg
 
Nirad9er said:
Im glad I waited now to do an upgrade to pci-express. I knew nvidia would release an ultra. I think there was a reason behind putting it off. They wanted the FASTEST card. But I think it was kinda lame for nvidia to lead us consumers on with releasing a product thinking it was the best, then later release a superior card. I think nvidia was obligated to release a product to the consumer, but also to put out the best card and compete with ATI.

This ULTRA version looks awesome. Now those of YOU who ran out and bought the GTX for over $600 right away are gonna lose alot of money when you just have to buy the ULTRA now. Patience is a virtue!!!

But the determing factor for which card I get when i upgrade will obviosly be the price and benchmarks. If the ultra is that much faster, then you cant afford not too.

I heard from someone on here that they heard since the ultra will be available, the gtx will drop to like 399 and the ultra will be 499 or something like that.

Im glad im patient, the gtx has only been out a few weeks and look how much the price has dropped 600 > 529

Keep in mind there's always something better on the horizon and all cards decrease in value over time. I'm sure the supposed 'Ultra' 's value will decrease quite quickly also if the supply is there.
 
i got my gtx for $600 and im glad if this thing comes out cuz then all that means is my second gtx will be much cheaper :D + i really doubt 512mb is gona be cheap x_x the 6800ultra 512mb prices are insane..

lets c cheapest 6800u 512 from newegg ~690 - cheapest 6800u 256 ~470 = $220 price difference + price of a new card w/o depreciation 600 = 820 buks x_x

lunatics who put this in sli $1640 |:O but then again its not cheap to have the latest :p and on the bright side they mite lower there price once ati shows wut they have
 
jebo_4jc said:
I think the previous Quadro models actually had a similar RAM config.

They did. I am pretty sure that the 512MB Geforce 6800Ultra's are Quadro cards with a Geforce's BIOS.
 
Whatever it really is... this is what I want it to be.

NVidia GeForce 7800 Ultra - 90nm 32 Pipes, 12 Vertex , 24 ROPs, 777Mhz Core Clock, 1.53Ghz Memory Clock - 512MB GDDR3

I dont care if its a thousand dollars (1000 USD)
That shit will be MINE. I hope its loud too, just because it will sound like it has balls.
 
USMC2Hard4U said:
Whatever it really is... this is what I want it to be.

NVidia GeForce 7800 Ultra - 90nm 32 Pipes, 12 Vertex , 24 ROPs, 777Mhz Core Clock, 1.53Ghz Memory Clock - 512MB GDDR3

I dont care if its a thousand dollars (1000 USD)
That shit will be MINE. I hope its loud too, just because it will sound like it has balls.

It's like a Porsche, no it's like a Ferrari, no it's like a Harley Davidson. Think about it guys, we could have Harley Davidson of graphics cards. Imagine gamers would upload wav files of their cards in action to bulletin boards just to brag about it.

Ahhh the days of the FlowFX, I hope they don't make that mistake. :p
Either way, here's a big kudos to you 7800GTX users who bought eVGA, stepping up to big ass Ultra bliss :D :D :D
 
I have a Harley. It's a black '91 Sportster (883cc). :D :cool:

I want the same specs as USMC is proposing. :D And I have the same outlook on the price. (Since I won't be getting SLI.) I could stand for a slight cutback on those clocks though, even slightly less it would be an awesome card!
 
karl76 said:
Can´t wait to see the specs that NEED this type of cooling. ;) Lets SLI them babys and have some fun. :D Most likely my next card, should be good step from a 6800nu. :D
heh gonna have to upgrade a few parts eh??

that thing is as big as a car. hope it doesnt cost as much as one :(
 
Ohhh baby I hope they release the 7800 Ultra in the next 90 days so I can step-up from this evga 7800 GTX that I just bought, and hasn't even arrived at my door yet! :D
 
Back
Top