NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia rulez, ATI droolz... That's about as best as you will do anyway, so I threw it out there.

Though, yes, I extremely prefer Nvidia to ATI.

With recent happenings in the industry, it looks like Nvidia might be in for some long term hurting

With recent happenings in the industry, it looks like Nvidia might be in for some long term hurting

Oh chill out already!!

Kyle and Charlie have both made a mountain out of a molehill.

So they've shuffled some AIBs. Big deal. It happens every few years. Don't forget how MANY other graphics card partners NVIDIA has; nothing catastrophic is going on.

The Best Buy thing is just a special SKU for the holidays, requested by Best Buy.

This is also an additive SKU that does not replace any partner cards on the shelves.

It's just a marketing initiative; it's not some company-wide strategic move.

There will be a press release next week about this. In the mean time try not to wet your pants too much..

Nothing good can come from a thread like this on [H]. >.>

But I have to say, at this time, NV fulfills my needs while ATI doesn't. I have no choice but to choose NVIDIA.

3D (more specifically 3D Vision Surround) is fantastic and ATI doesn't have software engineers to work on it. They're going to force their customer's to buy 3D drivers from a third-party... which opens up a wealth of compatibility issues and unnecessary headaches.

Nvidia will be ok, but they lost really, really big this generation. I don't think they're going anywhere soon, but their prior dominance in the marketplace has been and will be greatly diminished. Their belief that consumers will still buy single GPUs for $500 and their misjudgment of what consumers wanted in a graphics card has hurt them deeply. The GTX 460 has softened the blow somewhat, but only until the end of this month.

Maybe this Nvidia-branded AIB entry is harmless and they didn't mean any offense to AIB partners, but the fact that they didn't tell any of them and have benefited from the market research they demand of their partners doesn't make them look like the good guys, either.

Last edited:
Don't really see the point in this thread unless someone is planning to buy nvidia or amd stock.

But I have to say, at this time, NV fulfills my needs while ATI doesn't. I have no choice but to choose NVIDIA.

Same here, I really like NVIDIA's drivers and interface compared to AMD/ATI's. Mainly I need their cards for folding, CUDA, and other NVIDIA-only specific tasks, but it doesn't mean I don't like the guys in red. ;)

Honestly, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, so to say one is just flat-out better than the other is kind of silly.

Just my opinion though.

Same here, I really like NVIDIA's drivers and interface compared to AMD/ATI's. Mainly I need their cards for folding, CUDA, and other NVIDIA-only specific tasks, but it doesn't mean I don't like the guys in red. ;)

Honestly, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, so to say one is just flat-out better than the other is kind of silly.

Just my opinion though.

+1!

Considering my PC is in the hottest part of the house, that's why I have the 5870.

I do appreciate Nvidia's drivers more though.

before i was indifferent between ati and nvidia though i leaned on ati because they were a canadian company. Now though, after the bumpgate fiasco, i've grown to seriously despise nvidia and their antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back