• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NVIDIA Website Dedicated To Mocking Intel?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Apparently NVIDIA has constructed a new site with the sole purpose of mocking Intel. I’ll keep my comments to myself and let you guys decide what you think of this.
 
Shouldn't nVidia be spending more time getting Fermi working rather than making some of a successful competitor?
 
I'm glad NVIDIA's spending money producing Intel-bashing sites rather using it to accelerate Fermi's development.
 
Nvidia needs to better their own image first before than can bash anyone else.
 
The people involved with the website should keep their hands away from Fermi. It needs engineers not sales and marketing people.

I miss the days when NVIDIA was an engineering company. They seem to have become emblematic of what happens to a technology company that gets overrun by businessmen and marketers.

Same thing that almost killed Apple in the Nineties.
 
nVidia doens't seem to like anyone, bashing both AMD/ATI from time to time and now intel, I wonder who'll they be developing platforms for next...VIA?

They act as if they can't be missed...
 
No one is innocent in the chip wars. It wasn't that long ago Intel was putting the boot into nVidia, now the size 12 steel toe-capped nut crunchers are on the other foot.

Yes it's petty, yes it's childish, but they're all at it in some form or another.
 
I bet this was planned and made after Woodscrews-gate to try to save face.

Seriously.
 
Nvidia needs to better their own image first before than can bash anyone else.

Yeah, first the PhsyX thing, then the Lucid thing, it's really hard to feel any sympathy for nVidia being on the receiving end of things they do to others all the time.
 
Yeah, because making a cartoon involves hundreds of people that could have been working on getting your fermi out faster...:rolleyes:
 
Wow. Just wow.

Maybe Intel should make a comic, the first strip can be something about relabeling video cards with a new numbering scheme each time to try and fool potential customers...

Oh wait, that's actually true. Not to mention the plethora of other things Nvidia has done.
 
The people involved with the website should keep their hands away from Fermi. It needs engineers not sales and marketing people.

Its a balance. If you have too many engineers and not enough business majors you end up with something like 3Dfx which made absolutly badass cards, but ended up crashing due to poor business decisions.
 
I don't see it having a connection to Nvidia. Its probably a website payed for by a Nvidia fanboy that can draw cartoons. Doesn't even have Nvidia adds like semi-accurate the ATi fanboy site does. Well it looks like ATi removed the adds from Charlie Demerjian's pathetic website "semiaccurate" so nevermind. I wonder if they removed the adds and put him on the payroll directly. Either way, all fanboys are pathetic.
 
I had to be sure:

Domain ID:
Domain Name: intelsinsides.com
Created On: 10-Jul-2009 00:00:00
Expiration Date: 10-Jul-2010 00:00:00
Sponsoring Registrar: 'Check Whois' (REGISTER.COM) (REGISTER.COM)
Status: client_transfer_prohibited
Name Server: dns1.nvidia.com
Name Server: dns2.nvidia.com


amazing.
 
LOL..Maybe Fermi is like the website....just a bad cartoon....looks like someone's on the ropes in the 9th round.....about to get knocked the F out!......:rolleyes:
 
I'd laugh of Intel got pissed off and potentially coded in like a 30% hardware performance hit when vendorID=nVidia on their next set of motherboard chipsets like the x68, etc.

:)
 
Maybe Nvidia instead should have offered Dell $6bil in "incentive money" for the period of several years so Dell would not offer no systems with ATI components.
 
I am beginning to fee like Stan on that High School musical episode...it seems the "cool" and "in" thing to do right now is to put down Nvidia so I need to start practicing some stupid comments to show the others that I am cool too....man really, this whole Nvidia bashing thing is getting VERY old guys, time to give it a rest dont you think?
 
I am beginning to fee like Stan on that High School musical episode...it seems the "cool" and "in" thing to do right now is to put down Nvidia so I need to start practicing some stupid comments to show the others that I am cool too....man really, this whole Nvidia bashing thing is getting VERY old guys, time to give it a rest dont you think?

No, it's just with Nvidia's unfair business practices, the enthusiast is put off. Was there really a reason to lock out PhysX if the primary rendering card is not an Nvidia card? :confused:
 
I am beginning to fee like Stan on that High School musical episode...it seems the "cool" and "in" thing to do right now is to put down Nvidia so I need to start practicing some stupid comments to show the others that I am cool too....man really, this whole Nvidia bashing thing is getting VERY old guys, time to give it a rest dont you think?

nVidia gets the treatment they deserve, full stop.

It doesn't take a fanboy of another product to see that nVidia's been making business decisions that appear to be contributing to the demise of their reputation... and potentially the company as well.

Disclosure: All of my systems have nVidia graphics in them, save for the two Atom based boxes. I still prefer nVidia over ATI, but given the issue with the G84 and G86 series chips and how they handled that, the marking up of 9600 parts as rebranded G100 series cards and really lame petty stuff like this... yeah. I've reconsidered if I want to continue to support this company.
 
Wow. Just wow.

Maybe Intel should make a comic, the first strip can be something about relabeling video cards with a new numbering scheme each time to try and fool potential customers...

Oh wait, that's actually true. Not to mention the plethora of other things Nvidia has done.

ATi has done its share of relabeling cards, exactly like nVidia has done now. No one is innocent here. Intel has knowingly and willingly limited the growth of the PC market and negatively affected competition as well as forcing customers to pay more for their PCs.

Intel is the big criminal here right now, the rest are small fry at best.
 
Back
Top