NVIDIA TITAN Xp Introduced as “World's Most Powerful Graphics Card”

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If the GeForce 1080 Ti doesn’t do it for you, maybe this will—NVIDIA has just introduced their newest Titan, the Xp, but it’ll cost you some significant change at $1200. Until properly tested, we’ll just have to take NVIDIA’s word that it is truly the fastest GPU on the planet.

Nvidia has revealed its new Titan, the Xp. It features 3840 Cuda cores running at 1.6GHz, and 12GB of DDR5X memory. The card runs on Nvidia's Pascal architecture and comes with a suitably titanic price tag of $1200 / £1,159. It's available now on the Nvidia site. "They made 1080 Ti so fast that they need a new top-tier Titan," says PC Gamer hardware expert Jarred Walton. "It's the full GP102 chip, so just like we had GTX 780, the Titan, the 780 Ti and the Titan Black, we're getting the 1080, Titan X (Pascal), 1080 Ti, and Titan Xp."

Yeah, kind of figured this was coming but surprised so soon after the 1080 Ti. This thing should truly be a 4k beast.

I expected the 1080Ti when I bought my Titan X pascal. I'm a bit miffed at this announcement, but I'll live. All of these cards kick ass. Will be interesting to see what, if any, gains are to be had a 4K.

So this is the full fat chip, eh? Kind of assumed we would get a Titan "Black" this time. Would love to see the performance variance to the original. I might take one for the team and grab one. I love that they called it Xp after the community have been calling the original XP this entire time.

Last edited:
is resolution really what makes games look good? I rather have a 1080p game with better textures and effects

is resolution really what makes games look good? I rather have a 1080p game with better textures and effects

These latest cards should be able to run most games at 1440p or UW 1440p on the highest settings and still get good fps.

Personally, I usually prefer running a notch or two below the top settings just to get more fps.

Yes. 4k makes everything look better. I don't like turning settings off, even at this resolution. Need some oomph to do that and maintain 60fps. The problem with the Titan, though, is the stock cooler and no partner solutions to help. This makes it a tough sell for me compared to top tier partner 1080Ti's.

Hey look at that

Although, I suspect that the real reason is that yields are good enough that there's no reason not to leave money on the table for the full ROP chips.

The US site doesn't have the Xp page linked, but it's right here.

SO Nvidia can scoop up that fat profit margin which could be as high as $900 per part..

Sure but how many of these things does nVidia sell? 10, 20k tops I thinking. It's a bragging rights part for them and helps them tweak their more affordable designs, the absolute profit is minimal.

SO Nvidia can scoop up that fat profit margin which could be as high as $900 per part..
Do you really think it costs that much to make? They're already selling the same chip for less than that cost. Just with slower memory and binning.

I remember paying out the ass for my cards, and then a few months later never turning my computer on again. Anyone want to buy some (now) shitty cards? :-p

So how are TitanX pascal owners are going to call their cards now that TitanXp is taken?

So how are TitanX pascal owners are going to call their cards now that TitanXp is taken?
A few of us were referring to it as Pitan before XP caught on across the interwebs. But it was always just Titan X, as the Maxwell version was GTX Titan X.

6 + 8 pin pci at 250 watts. If these dont clock well, they might still lose to 1080tis

So it's 1080, Titan Xp, 1080 Ti, then Titan RXP? (The r stands for real)

What ever. To me this go's back to what I said when the 1080ti came out. It's such a jump it could be called the 1180. This just shows nvidia messed up a bit and wants to keep a titan as top dog.

So it's 1080, Titan Xp, 1080 Ti, then Titan RXP? (The r stands for real)

What ever. To me this go's back to what I said when the 1080ti came out. It's such a jump it could be called the 1180. This just shows nvidia messed up a bit and wants to keep a titan as top dog.

No.

@azuza nVidia did not mess up. Using the "high performance/ultra high $, 6 month wait, high perf/ high $, 3 month wait, ultra high perf/ ultra high $" is a pretty genious model from a profit pov.

so... is this because they know that the 1080 ti will eat up all the sales of the titan x or are they worried about vega?

so... is this because they know that the 1080 ti will eat up all the sales of the titan x or are they worried about vega?
I have had a lot of discussions with GPU companies over the years as to what they were thinking in terms of the competition, and I would have to say that I have never seen NVIDIA less worried about ATI/AMD, ever. Now that may not be a good thing, but it is a thing.

Back