Nvidia Titan X pascal

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello guys,
I have 2 Titan's in SLI. From games this year I seeing that SLI is probably not used any more.
So I want to migrate to RTX 3080 Ti or Titatns againe. But I am not sure is it SLI relevant any more.

Probably only one card with WC shouls be enoght for 4K 144Hz.

So you think that new Titan Ampere should be ok for next 3-5 years ?

Last edited:
So you think that new Titan Ampere should be ok for next 3-5 years ?

No clue...depends on what direction games take and how "Hopper" (NVIDIA next gen after "Ampere") will perform...I usuallly change my GPU every 2 years....5 years is streching it in my book, but your requirments may be different than mine.

No clue...depends on what direction games take and how "Hopper" (NVIDIA next gen after "Ampere") will perform...I usuallly change my GPU every 2 years....5 years is streching it in my book, but your requirments may be different than mine.
Ok, but if I change my GPU every 2 Years with top of the line it should be too expensive to me.

Ok, but if I change my GPU every 2 Years with top of the line it should be too expensive to me.

If it's too expensive, then don't upgrade. Quite a few people are still on the 900 and 10xx series cards and happy. So it's really up to you if you need an upgrade more often.

No sense in going SLI unless you're planning on playing 5 year-old games at 8k. I'm not sure Ampere will even support hardware/bridge SLI at all.

From what I've seen, it looks like 3080 Ti will be around 30-40% faster than 2080 Ti. Probable won't last you 3-4 years considering graphics demands will start ramping up over the next few years with the new consoles and ray tracing support.

And if the Titan is $2500 again this year, you probably wouldn't want to buy more than one anyway...

I'm not sure I follow.... you're speculating if you should get two of whatever Nvidia's upcoming flagship is, to try and last you five years. That will be a serious amount of money. If that's within the realm of possibility, why isn't it possible for you to just get one card for half the price, and replace it twice as frequently?

You're talking about value, but have two cards that, at release, were $1200 a piece... against a 1080 Ti that was nearly as fast for $500 less. For the $2400 you spent on GPU's trying to stretch them, you could have just had a single 1080 Ti for $700, and then a $1200 2080 Ti when that launched, and still would be $500 ahead at this point with a better performing solution in a world where SLI support is dying out. Hell, even if you had to have the best of the best, one Titan Xp and then one 2080 Ti would have served you better, for longer, than your two Titan Xps will.

If you can afford two GPU's now... buy one and put half your money somewhere safe. Upgrade in two years, and be happy to be rid of SLI.

As to 144hz 4K, that's not happening, at least not with new titles. The 2080 Ti just barely hits 60fps on most current titles (and there are a handful where it cannot do 4K 60fps at max settings, such as RDR2). Nvidia's next card is expected to be a significant upgrade, but there's no way it's going to be more than twice as fast as a 2080 Ti. Maybe with DLSS 2.0 you'd stand a chance, but that's about it.

I used to run 2080 Ti SLI, it was honestly placebo. SLI is barely supported in new games, and the gains are debatable.

I mean, there was an increase in FPS but honestly after selling one of them, my games seem to still run fine.

It's not worth it anymore, better to just buy one card and be happy.

Hello guys,
I have 2 Titan's in SLI. From games this year I seeing that SLI is probably not used any more.
So I want to migrate to RTX 3080 Ti or Titatns againe. But I am not sure is it SLI relevant any more.

Probably only one card with WC shouls be enoght for 4K 144Hz.
Just get the fastest card you can. The promise of SLI coming back has been going for years. Intel is supposed to be using a technology that can use several GPUs as one, just like AMD/nvidia have been supposedly working on for years. Doesn't seem its coming anytime soon or ever.

Back