NVIDIA TITAN V $3000

WOW First seen this today no way would I pay that alot of people would though who have money to burn. I thought the Nvidia XP cards were overpriced going to wait this out hell that is the price of a 10 year old used car.
I hope the neutered versions are not that much.

WOW First seen this today no way would I pay that alot of people would though who have money to burn. I thought the Nvidia XP cards were overpriced going to wait this out hell that is the price of a 10 year old used car.
I hope the neutered versions are not that much.

Don't worry, they won't be. Nvidia wants to sell cards to more than just the top 1% of gamers. ;)

For $3,000, 12GB of VRAM is a joke...

Especially when you won't also be able to do more than 2x NVENC streams thanks to artificial driver limitations...

Why don't they offer a different cooling solution and let people decide where they want exhaust, etc.? Besides custom liquid cooling.

$3000 is a bit heavy for me, but you could get similar performance from 2 x 1080ti cards for a lot less $$$ based on the quoted texture rates for each card.

What was the best folding card two days ago and how much more powerful would this be?

I can buy 1 ridiculously overpriced graphics card ($3000) or I could buy 2 GTX 1080 Ti ($1500), 1 PS4 Pro ($350), 1 PSVR ($200), 1 Xbox One X ($500), and one Nintendo Switch ($300).

I just don't understand the value proposition for this card.

This will be the first time I wait for a Ti-esque variant. I've been on the Titan train for a while now, this is a bit much. I'm assuming they'll do a more consumer friendly version, this was out of nowhere.

It seems most people are missing the fact that this card is less geared towards gamer's and more toward scientific purposes with the ability to game on the side.

Will some gamer's buy it, of course. Does that really matter?

Yes I feel so bad for pointing out that most decent neighborhoods have a homeowners association with covenants and restrictions that would probably not allow a sub $1,500 car to be sitting outside...

But anyway sorry if I offended any trailer park people...

Not every country has such a widespread, petty and materialistic world view, nor overreaching HOA 'ownership' systems.
I'm sure neighbors really care about the well-used 1970s land rover occasionally parked outside friends 10mill family house, next to the Bentley, let alone in the driveway while they wench on it, god forbid if one of the sons turns up in a loud RX7..

In fact, the richest person I know (with things like 1/5 limited edition zondas in the collection), drives a basic Prius in some cities. You should also look at bullet proof car manufacturers, you might be surprised what they offer. Some of the richest like to blend in. Often the try-hards who think they are rich, are ones who flaunt it.
Judging a book by the cover can be one of the most foolish mistakes to make sometimes.

Anywho, regarding the card, will be a great deal for some. Curious to see what it does mining in future if bandwidth is there.

76dffebb22137c223194363cc25adce2.jpg

They had to come up with something to do with defective dies that don't make their $10,000 Tesla V100 card, so instead of throwing them away you can get them for 1/3 the price. Pretty good deal if you need a serious product but aren't limited to Tesla specific drivers/apps.

Of course this card looks like a 4k dream come true, and maybe even tip toeing close to surround 4k in some titles. It's too bad that such a powerful gaming card teeters so close to the professional market (read: inflated prices).

I think this one tops the list in regards to the options available to suicide by wife.

110tflops...of AI number-crunching. if you arent running scientific experiments/a neural network OR writing a professional review...buy a 1080TI & a two thousand dollar hooker. youll end up more satisfied & with more money left over.

This card is for people that want to write AI to play games for them. :p

Edit: Or maybe to play games AGAINST them... It would sure beat playing with people on the internet.

Back