nvidia soundstorm problems

chico64

n00b
I currently have nvidia soundstorm as my audio driver and when i updated the drivers to the newest ones the nvidia control panel stopped working and the control panel didnt respond after that.The audio driver version is 6.14.0362.0(3.62) and i have windows xp service pak2

i didnt have to uninstall them it was an update or at leat that is what it said ,it was an automatic update from the microsoft update page that installed automatically

I would manually download the drivers from nvidia's site and do a re-install.

i did it but it doesnt come with the nvivia control panel,but i guess ill have to settle for that unless there is another way.

What control panel are you refering to? The nVidia Mixer? That comes with the latest drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10.html

Maybe your board is not a soundstorm board. There were only something like 3 boards that were Soundstorm Certified. Abit AN7, ASUS A7N8X-DLX & E, and some other one or possible two...

Abit Nf7-s has soundstorm too and 5.10 doesnt have the newest audio driver, they released a newer audio driver in august.

Met-AL said:
What control panel are you refering to? The nVidia Mixer? That comes with the latest drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10.html

Maybe your board is not a soundstorm board. There were only something like 3 boards that were Soundstorm Certified. Abit AN7, ASUS A7N8X-DLX & E, and some other one or possible two...
All Nforce-2's with the mcp-T southbridge were soundstorm capable but not soundstorm certified. The certified boards were just less likely to have issues since they were built with stricter standards.

I had/have a bunch of shuttle MN31N mobo's that were mcp-T but weren't certified, needless to say they performed flawlessly otherwise (except the one i roasted due to misaligning the spdif pins ;))

the motherboard i have does have soundstorm it is the asus a7n8x-e delux and i did unistall and then install trhe ones from the nvidia site but the only thing is the ones from the site dont come with a control panel.

SJetski71 said:
All Nforce-2's with the mcp-T southbridge were soundstorm capable but not soundstorm certified. The certified boards were just less likely to have issues since they were built with stricter standards.

I had/have a bunch of shuttle MN31N mobo's that were mcp-T but weren't certified, needless to say they performed flawlessly otherwise (except the one i roasted due to misaligning the spdif pins ;))
Good info.

chico64 said:
the motherboard i have does have soundstorm it is the asus a7n8x-e delux and i did unistall and then install trhe ones from the nvidia site but the only thing is the ones from the site dont come with a control panel.

Yes they do. I just re-downloaded them and checked just to make sure.

Just to make sure we are all talking about the same thing, is this the control panel you are refering to?
mixer.JPG

If you ran the installer and for some reason it did not install that, you can run the installer for it from the folder it was extracted to at C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\5.10\AudioUtl\Setup.exe

Only thing I can think of right now on why it was not installed is that the nVmixer requires DX9. Do you have DX9 installed?

Back