Nvidia silently up’s the cap on nvencode

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-increases-concurrent-nvenc-sessions-on-consumer-gpus

Quietly and with little to no fanfare NVidia has upped the limit on NVEncode.

About frickin’ time!

Gives me options other than the P620 or A2000 for many places… I don’t think I have any places that need more than 5.
But I don’t think there are any consumer PCIe powered cards that fit in a 1U chassis so may be a moot point for me. But I bet there are some in here that are far more creative with their A/V setups than I.

Last edited:
Gives me options other than the P620 or A2000 for many places… I don’t think I have any places that need more than 5.
But I don’t think there are any consumer PCIe powered cards that fit in a 1U chassis so may be a moot point for me. But I bet there are some in here that are far more creative with their A/V setups than I.
Not quite, it said consumer GPUs, not professional GPUs.
The Quadro P400 through P1000 are still listed as only 3 concurrent encodes, looks like this is just for the GeForce line. :sour:

Not quite, it said consumer GPUs, not professional GPUs.
The Quadro P400 through P1000 are still listed as only 3 concurrent encodes, looks like this is just for the GeForce line. :sour:
My P620’s run 4 at a time with no issues… unless I want better than 1080p then I need the memory on the A2000’s . But I need to replace the boxes soon so having an option other than the commercial ones works for me.

I use them for encoding streams from security cameras.
Would you mind my asking what security camera/system you use for this?
I have actually just started looking into some for commercial use that might utilize NVIDIA GPUs for encoding.

Would you mind my asking what security camera/system you use for this?
I have actually just started looking into some for commercial use that might utilize NVIDIA GPUs for encoding.
I am using Avilglon with all that motion control and stuff. It's good.

Back