Nvidia should give every TITAN owner back at least $300 cash

Technikal

Gawd
Or 5 free games..or something

Come on Nvidia there are a lot of raging TITAN owners out there tonight after reading the R9 290X reviews. I know a few they feel burned..oh my.

I told them so :)

Last edited:
I'm not threadcrapping, but seriously stop whining. The card has been out since earlier in the year. It would be one thing if the card was just released now at $999 and people bought it before seeing what AMD had but those that bought it when it was first released and now are complaining that something is faster and cheaper should find something else to complain about. Although for the people who just bought a Titan not aware that the R9 290X had near the same/better performance then I can see why someone would be pissed.

Seriously? Seems some people on here go batshit crazy whenever a new card is released...

they gave them 9 months of 290x performance with less watts, heat, and noise.

Last edited:
The $1000 price tag was Nvidia's call. They know that people will pay for it no matter what. I bought mine knowing they were vastly overpriced, but so what...stop moaning. Sell your cards if you are not happy with them. You know damn well spending $1000 per card is crazy on its own...I should know, I have two of them, I don't regret it one bit.

Titan is dead... but don't feel bad. You enjoyed the best gaming card available for a period of time and you were able to afford it.

Time to upgrade or enjoy the Titan. It's a great card. I would have liked to enjoy it from day one but I always thought NVIDIA jacked the prices sky high.

TITAN is an absolute beast of a card but yeah... nvidia definitely took advantage of their customers. I'm really hoping AMD can stick around for awhile this time. We need some healthy competition to prevent this garbage.

they gave them 9 months of 290x performance with less watts, heat, and noise.

Exactly..

I'm a fan of AMD cards (currently have a 7990) but I don't know why anyone would sell their Titan for an R9 290x unless you have a 4K monitor. The thermals are absolutely horrid and from what I read in the [H] review it was throttling in Crysis 3.

I don't know, it seems like AMD pushed the clocks beyond what the cooler could handle just to edge past Titan. Hopefully the aftermarket cards are better

All for $450-$550 more..

Since when do so called enthusiasts care about a bit..and it is a bit..more heat, power and noise? :)

I'll pay the ~$1.50 a day to have that power for 9 months in advance (titan), and ~.25 cents a day for the 780 :)

also, everyone compares it to the Titan. No one should be buying a titan if they plan on strictly gaming. The factory oc'd 780's can already beat the titan and can be picked up for $625.

Last edited:
Even though the Titan was advertised as a gaming card, I always saw it as a workstation card with gaming performance.
I will gladly pay an extra $300 for compute performance, but for gaming only I would have never bought one.
There were rumors of the 780 before the Titan launch but people ignored it. Oh well.

Tis the price you pay for desiring the latest and greatest. I'm never on the bleeding edge and the cost savings is well worth the 20-30% performance I'm behind.

I'll pay the ~$1.50 a day to have that power for 9 months in advance (titan), and ~.25 cents a day for the 780 :)

also, everyone compares it to the Titan. No one should be buying a titan if they plan on strictly gaming. The factory oc'd 780's can already beat the titan and can be picked up for $625.

$1.50 a day? Can you post how you worked that out please?

To the OP, why would Nvidia have to give Titan owners back anything? Nobody put a gun to their heads, people were free to buy what they wanted. Plus the only people that were buying the Titan were the ones with cash to afford it.

i read this an literally heard the cry me a river song in the background , and i only buy nvidia stuff ^ ^

$1.50 a day? Can you post how you worked that out please?

To the OP, why would Nvidia have to give Titan owners back anything? Nobody put a gun to their heads, people were free to buy what they wanted. Plus the only people that were buying the Titan were the ones with cash to afford it.

Titan came out in Feb correct? Thats about 9 months ago(270 days)
~450 price diff.
450/270= 1.66(1.50 was close enough for in my head calculation :p )

same with the 780(came out in March correct?)
currently a $75 price diff
75/240= .31 (close enough again :p)

Last edited:
Like anyone was forced to buy a overpriced Titan. Quit whining.

Tis the price you pay for desiring the latest and greatest. I'm never on the bleeding edge and the cost savings is well worth the 20-30% performance I'm behind.

Exactly, early adopters will never learn and only complain when they feel they got "taken advantage of" as if a gun was put to their heads and they were forced to buy X product!

Welcome to the world of Tech, Titan was fast, just turns out AMD had something up their sleeveand NVIDIA had to come out with something else, sure these cards were under development for ages now.. but perhaps they were waiting to release them later, but the 290 forced them to release early..

Sure it sucks now that companies are not insync with each other and release new thing at the same time, but who cares..

Get over, stop whining and if you don't like it, stop buying new tech right away, same as a car owner who buys a nice new 2013 car and gets mad when the 2014 model comes out a year later...

Titan came out in Feb correct? Thats about 9 months ago(270 days)
~450 price diff.
450/270= 1.66(1.50 was close enough for in my head calculation :p )

same with the 780(came out in March correct?)
currently a $75 price diff
75/240= .31 (close enough again :p)

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, I thought you were talking about power use.

Not that it makes much difference but Titan is 8 months out not nine.

If you cry about Titan prices,get out of the enthusiast part of this hobby. Its expensive the higher the tier of model item you go , same performance or close to a cheaper alternative item. Its always been this way. Btw I traded My Titan for two brand new new in the boxes EVGA 780 GTX and 250 in cash to another forum member, so i definitely got my moneys worth out of it

Exactly, early adopters will never learn and only complain when they feel they got "taken advantage of" as if a gun was put to their heads and they were forced to buy X product!

I haven't actually seen a Titan owner crying yet, so far all I've seen are AMD fanboys telling Titan owners that they should be crying.

Anyone that bought a Titan near release has owned the fastest card on the planet for most of a year, and knew exactly what they were spending.

Anyone that bought a Titan after the 780 came out either wanted the compute performance, or was an idiot.

There's literally nothing to complain about.

I haven't actually seen a Titan owner crying yet, so far all I've seen are AMD fanboys telling Titan owners that they should be crying.

Anyone that bought a Titan near release has owned the fastest card on the planet for most of a year, and knew exactly what they were spending.

Anyone that bought a Titan after the 780 came out either wanted the compute performance, or was an idiot.

There's literally nothing to complain about.

Pretty much. I got my Titan a few weeks after release and sold it right before the 780 came out. My Titan easily did 1142mhz with no BIOS tweaks, hell it did it with the stock fan profile. Then I got a 780 DCII and it easily passed up the Titan, running all the way to 1302mhz on air with no BIOS mods. Both of those easily eclipsed what I've seen out of the 290X on air so far, and did so quiter and not nearly as hot.

Now, I'm hoping the non-reference 290X make a bigger impact because that card seems to scale better if you keep the heat off. Not that it really matters much to me, I'm using an HD 7750 these days but I may have to move to green team if G-sync pans out like I'm hoping it will. That is worth more to me than a few extra frames at stock any day (hopefully AMD comes out with such a thing as well).

This happens literally EVERY time a new card is released. Hell, in most cases when a generation passes we see a single card wipe the floor with last gen's SLI and crossfire setups. Should those buyers get a second card for free? This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I'm glad I did not buy a Titan, or a GTX780. The writing was on the wall that they were way overpriced and did not want to support a company for doing that. I voted with my wallet. Looks like team Red may get my vote this time around. Anybody that bought an obvious overpriced video card deserves what they got.

I'm glad I did not buy a Titan, or a GTX780. The writing was on the wall that they were way overpriced and did not want to support a company for doing that. I voted with my wallet. Looks like team Red may get my vote this time around. Anybody that bought an obvious overpriced video card deserves what they got.

congratulations, you saved $100 over the course of 8 months to finally get 780 performance :D

congratulations, you saved $100 over the course of 8 months to finally get 780 performance :D

Plus increased temps, increased power consumption, a hideous cooler, and niggling CF frame latency issues.

I do not and never have owned a 780, but the notion that 780 owners should be pissed off is just ridiculous.

The 290x looks like a great card. The 780 is also a great card. Still. It's just a little overpriced (unless you care about the stuff above, then it might be worth it to you), and the price will probably be adjusted soon.

Honestly I don't get it. The 290X wasn't faster than the titan, only @4K. And don't Titans overclock really well? There's already a video up, I believe its from Linus who compared an OC'd 780 to an OC'd 290X (both on stock coolers obviously) and the 780 beat it in every single test. No 4K tests were done.

Honestly I don't get it. The 290X wasn't faster than the titan, only @4K. And don't Titans overclock really well? There's already a video up, I believe its from Linus who compared an OC'd 780 to an OC'd 290X (both on stock coolers obviously) and the 780 beat it in every single test. No 4K tests were done.

Not to mention the power usage and temps. Oh well Nvidia will come back and release a card that has even better performance, temps, OC ability, and power usage. Giving Titan owners $300 lol, troll much dude?

Not to mention the power usage and temps. Oh well Nvidia will come back and release a card that has even better performance, temps, OC ability, and power usage. Giving Titan owners $300 lol, troll much dude?

I don't know what you're getting at but I wasn't attempting to troll.

He's another shill.

Yeah, he did exactly what a lot of [H] members have asked Kyle to do; run the cards at their maximum possible overclocks and compare them. At their maximum overclocks at lower resolutions, the 780 comes out on top. That's all. Nothing shill about it it. Both overclocked, 290X comes out on top in the higher resolutions.

Yeah, he did exactly what a lot of [H] members have asked Kyle to do; run the cards at their maximum possible overclocks and compare them. At their maximum overclocks at lower resolutions, the 780 comes out on top. That's all. Nothing shill about it it. Both overclocked, 290X comes out on top in the higher resolutions.

Your not getting the 290X or 780 for lower resolutions...just my 2 cents.

Or 5 free games..or something

Come on Nvidia there are a lot of raging TITAN owners out there tonight after reading the R9 290X reviews. I know a few they feel burned..oh my.

I told them so :)

no one forced them to buy it. no hardware will be the "best" forever

I don't know what you're getting at but I wasn't attempting to troll.

I was getting at it is ridiculous to think NV should credit $300 to Titan owners. I mean are you serious? No it's not the consumers fault for buying a 1k card or anything. They had the top of the line card for over a year, now because amd releases a card that is somewhat comparable performance wise that they are owed monetary compensation?

I was getting at it is ridiculous to think NV should credit $300 to Titan owners. I mean are you serious? No it's not the consumers fault for buying a 1k card or anything. They had the top of the line card for over a year, now because amd releases a card that is somewhat comparable performance wise that they are owed monetary compensation?

You completely misunderstood my post because I am in complete agreement with what you're saying.

Back