Nvidia reportedly pressures partners to stop them building next-gen Intel Battlemage GPUs (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While they can and as they should be - because get the money while/however still available. Look how there's more and more and further and further restrictions over the past few years in regards to chips and China alone. It' not over. So get it while the gettin's good.
Even if the US government forces China to a point where they are using hardware from 2 generations ago if Nvidia is the only one working do build a library and hardware for it then China is unlikely to sour that relationship.
China is known for “acquiring” tech from those who hide it from them but they are also known to be generous with those who work with them.

The US has a balance to maintain, push China too hard and they can and will retaliate and financially the US population will bear that weight. And it would probably end the careers of many politicians and they know it. So they will put on a brave face of being protective against China while not actually imposing any rulings of consequence.

Last edited:
And while not letting China obtain anything from/with Nvidia that would give them the edge/superiority over the US, that's all that matters here and why anything has even happened.

They would absolutely make things worse if they need/want to, all the way to banning Nvidia (AI) products period being sold to China (gonna be fun if it gets that hot).

Only so long as whatever HW China has is deemed by the US to be far enough behind what the US has, can Nvidia keep playing in/with China under the restrictions currently imposed.

And yeah China has a way of 'not stealing' things, but they also have a way of making even the things they steal in a very China (crappy) way.

Doubt it. Nvidia and intel hate is allowed here. Only threads locked are those with potential AMD mis-doings.
Don't forget Apple.
Just look at the power connector thread. Still alive even though it was proven to be 100% user error..
The thing about 100%, is that it isn't 100%.

With NVIDIA focusing on AI, sure they wont notice if their gaming market drops a bit....
What gaming market? Nvidia is an AI company now. Not to be confused when Nvidia who was into selling crypto mining cards. Those two Nvidia's are not the same.
Or maybe Nvidia has projected metrics or something showing Intel GPUs would do well in China due to feature set/lower cost?
It also seems that Intel isn't just eating into AMD's market share either. Doesn't help that Nvidia's attempt at selling mainstream GPU's is a failure.

Gaming is all they have more and more in China, as more US GPU chip restrictions (focused on AI chips) get imposed towards China

Companies pre-bought a lot before the sanction got effective:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/c...Jitwei revealed that,back in August 2022) and

And they made a "China" lesser Hopper card that is yet to be sanctioned that the Tencent, Alibaba, Baidu of the world are apparently massively buying:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/h800-sxm5.c3975

https://www.techpowerup.com/310250/chinese-tech-firms-buying-plenty-of-nvidia-enterprise-gpus

Don't forget Apple.

What gaming market? Nvidia is an AI company now. Not to be confused when Nvidia who was into selling crypto mining cards. Those two Nvidia's are not the same.

It also seems that Intel isn't just eating into AMD's market share either. Doesn't help that Nvidia's attempt at selling mainstream GPU's is a failure.

Bringing up a video about a faulty third party connector doesn't prove that the OEM connectors are faulty. Nice try though.

Bringing up a video about a faulty third party connector doesn't prove that the OEM connectors are faulty. Nice try though.
Bringing up nothing about a faulty third party connector doesn't prove that it was user error. Nice try though. Before you bring up Gamers Nexus, here's what happened after that situation. Northridgefix is an electronic repair man who probably knows more than anyone here, including Gamers Nexus.

Watch the birdie, watch the birdie!

Ironic how AMD has maintained radio silence on the DLSS fiasco, even after their own supporters started questioning it. Yet now there's this story that mysteriously pops out of no where, with no basis that Nvidia's forcing their board partners to give second grade support to both Intel and AMD GPU's.

Where this story seems to fall apart for me is--Intel and Nvidia are homies right now. Nvidia's looking into using Intel silicon for their AI solutions, that would save Nvidia a metric truck load of money on shipping costs since it's local, and I'm sure Intel's offering a better price than TSMC. Then there's the whole Streamline thing where Intel and Nvidia willingly partnered up to simplify software integration into games, with the only one not joining is AMD.

So, why would Nvidia risk pissing all over Intel? Especially over something they wouldn't consider a threat? Extra especially since their discreet GPU division isn't even their bread and butter. Nvidia would have to have to have gone full retard and we all know...
FullRetard.jpg

Honestly, as I said in my last post--I think this is AMD's attempt to take eyes off of their shenanigans and put them back on Nvidia. It could also be AMD's "scapegoat" for poor GPU sales--blame Nvidia. AMD/ATI has a long history of blaming Nvidia for their own shortcomings, because god knows far we'd be behind graphics wise if we were to wait on AMD to get their shit together and gain parity with Nvidia in the technology department. This is just speculation, of course.

Ironic how AMD has maintained radio silence on the DLSS fiasco, even after their own supporters started questioning it.
Possibly, but it would be a stretch that Intel is also involved to hide AMD's DLSS fiasco. Intel has their own XeSS up-scaling too that was effected by AMD's sponsoring. Would seem odd for Intel to join in when they were effected as well.
Yet now there's this story that mysteriously pops out of no where, with no basis that Nvidia's forcing their board partners to give second grade support to both Intel and AMD GPU's.
May I remind you of the Nvidia Geforce Partner Program and how HardOCP's Kyle Bennet was responsible for pointing it out? This is like Nvidia historically.
So, why would Nvidia risk pissing all over Intel? Especially over something they wouldn't consider a threat? Extra especially since their discreet GPU division isn't even their bread and butter. Nvidia would have to have to have gone full retard and we all know... View attachment 582167
Nvidia is a sinking ship that doesn't want to admit they're dependent on GPU sales for gamers. They would rather sell hardware for crypto and AI. Their big AI claims could be crumbling, while their shareholders are unaware of the situation. Not the first time we've seen Nvidia do this.
Honestly, as I said in my last post--I think this is AMD's attempt to take eyes off of their shenanigans and put them back on Nvidia. It could also be AMD's "scapegoat" for poor GPU sales--blame Nvidia. AMD/ATI has a long history of blaming Nvidia for their own shortcomings, because god knows far we'd be behind graphics wise if we were to wait on AMD to get their shit together and gain parity with Nvidia in the technology department. This is just speculation, of course.
Good for AMD, but this isn't about AMD but Intel. Intel's getting screwed by Nvidia, with their own historic tactics.

That's some try hard coping right there, but okay. Every bad story about Nvidia recently is an AMD invention? Are the recent melting connectors also an AMD fabrication?

We could use the same logic and say the DLSS stuff was started up by Nvidia to detract from shit 4060 releases.

Watch the birdie, watch the birdie!

Ironic how AMD has maintained radio silence on the DLSS fiasco, even after their own supporters started questioning it. Yet now there's this story that mysteriously pops out of no where, with no basis that Nvidia's forcing their board partners to give second grade support to both Intel and AMD GPU's.

Where this story seems to fall apart for me is--Intel and Nvidia are homies right now. Nvidia's looking into using Intel silicon for their AI solutions, that would save Nvidia a metric truck load of money on shipping costs since it's local, and I'm sure Intel's offering a better price than TSMC. Then there's the whole Streamline thing where Intel and Nvidia willingly partnered up to simplify software integration into games, with the only one not joining is AMD.

So, why would Nvidia risk pissing all over Intel? Especially over something they wouldn't consider a threat? Extra especially since their discreet GPU division isn't even their bread and butter. Nvidia would have to have to have gone full retard and we all know... View attachment 582167

Once again show some proof of your mental gymnastics that AMD is responsible for this rumor.

It has happened in the past with other giants in the industry, and it will continue to happen.

Creative Labs was probably one of the more notable ones, where they did everything in their power to make the competition unable to compete, from buying out Aureal and Ensoniq just to close them down, and if I recall correctly, even bought out chipset designs to prevent other companies from using them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia is trying to flex some muscle here, but they're not in nearly as strong of a position as Creative Labs was all of those decades ago.

Where this story seems to fall apart for me is--Intel and Nvidia are homies right now.
Giant companies that work together and sue each other at the same time is not uncommon, it is not necessarily the same humans involved.

Of course—people ignore the last few words—this is just speculation. People have accused Nvidia of manipulating the media to their benefit. Don’t think AMD is above doing the same.

Oh and no coping from me. It’s me spouting what seems logical. I don’t need to cope- I know none of these companies are my friend, so I have no allegiance to either AMD or Nvidia.

Bringing up nothing about a faulty third party connector doesn't prove that it was user error. Nice try though. Before you bring up Gamers Nexus, here's what happened after that situation. Northridgefix is an electronic repair man who probably knows more than anyone here, including Gamers Nexus.

Still putting up videos of a third party connector. Please provide verified proof of OEM connectors melting when properly sat.

I'll wait.

Of course—people ignore the last few words—this is just speculation. People have accused Nvidia of manipulating the media to their benefit. Don’t think AMD is above doing the same.

Oh and no coping from me. It’s me spouting what seems logical. I don’t need to cope- I know none of these companies are my friend, so I have no allegiance to either AMD or Nvidia.
It's not really speculation is a big ASSumption. Of course you don't want to defend your position because you don't have any proof.

Still putting up videos of a third party connector. Please provide verified proof of OEM connectors melting when properly sat.

I'll wait.
Connectors that work well stick around for decades in the tech world....
https://hardforum.com/threads/12vhpwr-connector-is-dead.2029108/#post-1045684809
They don't get replaced after half a generation of releases.

The connector was flawed. There is no denying that. Sure some of the initial hysteria was just that... still its an issue and Nvidia has all but admitted it by changing the connector for future products. Its flawed... its ok don't worry Nvidia made an error. ATX 3.1 incoming.

Connectors that work well stick around for decades in the tech world....
https://hardforum.com/threads/12vhpwr-connector-is-dead.2029108/#post-1045684809
They don't get replaced after half a generation of releases.

The connector was flawed. There is no denying that. Sure some of the initial hysteria was just that... still its an issue and Nvidia has all but admitted it by changing the connector for future products. Its flawed... its ok don't worry Nvidia made an error. ATX 3.1 incoming.
Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep a night, but the reality is that things get revisions all the time, including connectors. The hate here is focused squarely on Nvidia which is hilarious because the connector is designed and ratified by PCI-SIG.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep a night, but the reality is that things get revisions all the time, including connectors. The hate here is focused squarely on Nvidia which is hilarious because the connector is designed and ratified by PCI-SIG.
Dude the revision.... to the spec isn't a major change. Its a push back of the sense pins so that the new connector will 100% NEVER work unless it is fully seated.

See they recognized a major design flaw and have corrected it. Why so defensive ? It was flawed. They have fixed it... that is good.

Nvidia is just that good. They stole it from them. Right from under their noses. In broad daylight. In view of everyone.
You guys understand how the SIG works right ? Its a standards body. They aren't an engineering house that makes all the tech in the world. Companies are members... member companies submit things they want to be standards. This connector was submitted by Nvidia. The revisions for 3.1 are submitted by Nvidia. Not sure why you guys feel the need to defend this. I don't think anyone is ragging on Nvidia here... when you fuck up and your fuck up might lead to deaths you corrected it. They have corrected it after only releasing a couple products that use it, and have made customers aware that they must properly seat their cables. That is how things are supposed to work. Nvidia isn't in the dog house...

You guys understand how the SIG works right ? Its a standards body. They aren't an engineering house that makes all the tech in the world. Companies are members... member companies submit things they want to be standards. This connector was submitted by Nvidia. The revisions for 3.1 are submitted by Nvidia. Not sure why you guys feel the need to defend this. I don't think anyone is ragging on Nvidia here... when you fuck up and your fuck up might lead to deaths you corrected it. They have corrected it after only releasing a couple products that use it, and have made customers aware that they must properly seat their cables. That is how things are supposed to work. Nvidia isn't in the dog house...

No Nvidia stole it from them and I have proof, look

1688857827251.png

I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia is trying to flex some muscle here, but they're not in nearly as strong of a position as Creative Labs was all of those decades ago.
Creative at one point had John Carmack under their thumb because they patented his rendering tech before he did, and forced ID software to include EAX and won. Even still, I doubt Creative ever had the amount of influence that Nvidia does today. If you aren't selling an Nvidia graphics card, you might as well not be in business. AMD's market share isn't enough for even EVGA to keep their graphics card business around.

I'll wait.
You have verified proof that I'm wrong? I'll wait as well. You can't tell me that BMW's are great cars because you have a certified letter from some guy in bumfucknowhere be more credible than most mechanics in the world. If a guy who's repaired dozens of RTX 40-series cards tells you it isn't user error, then he's most likely right. Even if it were user error, it was created by Nvidia's poor design because it needed more clips to hold it down. A design that didn't need to be created since molex power connectors have worked fine for decades. They're melting because the graphic cards are pulling more power than what the Nvidia's custom connector was designed to handle. Because I can guarantee you the engineers knew what they were doing, but Nvidia wanted a certain esthetic and needed a smaller connector. Someone didn't listen to the engineers and here we are with melted connectors.

Reactions: kac77
like this
It's not really speculation is a big ASSumption. Of course you don't want to defend your position because you don't have any proof.
Much like the majority of what Nvidia’s been accused of by the AMD crowd-assumptions based in emotion. 🙂

I don’t need to defend my position considering I’m speculating, so if it’s not the truth oh well, I move on. On the other hand every AMD fanboy has come out of the woodworks to talk me down-really speaks volumes.

IMG_1145.jpeg

This is honestly how this past week has gone with the AMD crowd with all the shenanigans going on. Now that I think about it, if they’re willing to defend accused AMD anti-consumer behavior then they’ll surely defend AMD if they’re responsible for the story linked by the OP.

Watch this, then rewatch it until it sinks in.
This has been known now for months.

You mock my video by then posting your own that I said not to do because that video predates everything. If you watched the link I left before you'd see that NorthRidgefix addressed Gamers Nexus on the whole issue. Nvidia also changed the design, which is admitting they screwed up. You don't want to listen to the repair guy who knows this better than anyone else. Nvidia is capable of terrible things and terrible designs. May I remind of the GTX 970 with 4GB... 3GB of VRAM? Too many people here defending Nvidia and attacking AMD for the DLSS situation when this thread isn't about DLSS. Think about Nvidia's situation that they must "pressure" partners to not sell Intel's inferior GPU's? Considering that Nvidia's AI business must be doing so well, why would Nvidia resort to this tactic? At least AMD has their reasons with DLSS, and that's due to low market share. Nvidia though has high market share, and a supposed booming AI business. Something to think about.

BTW this video is set to the part that you should pay attention to. If not then go to 15 minutes market and listen. Don't listen to the repair man, go ahead and buy that BMW.

Don't forget Apple.

You mock my video by then posting your own that I said not to do because that video predates everything. If you watched the link I left before you'd see that NorthRidgefix addressed Gamers Nexus on the whole issue. Nvidia also changed the design, which is admitting they screwed up. You don't want to listen to the repair guy who knows this better than anyone else. Nvidia is capable of terrible things and terrible designs. May I remind of the GTX 970 with 4GB... 3GB of VRAM? Too many people here defending Nvidia and attacking AMD for the DLSS situation when this thread isn't about DLSS. Think about Nvidia's situation that they must "pressure" partners to not sell Intel's inferior GPU's? Considering that Nvidia's AI business must be doing so well, why would Nvidia resort to this tactic? At least AMD has their reasons with DLSS, and that's due to low market share. Nvidia though has high market share, and a supposed booming AI business. Something to think about.

BTW this video is set to the part that you should pay attention to. If not then go to 15 minutes market and listen. Don't listen to the repair man, go ahead and buy that BMW.

You keep posting a video that has fuck all to do with the actual OEM connector. Literally no one gives a flying fuck about 3rd party adapters. If you want to complain about them, then open up a new thread discussing the cable mod fuck up and stop derailing this thread.

You keep posting a video that has fuck all to do with the actual OEM connector. Literally no one gives a flying fuck about 3rd party adapters. If you want to complain about them, then open up a new thread discussing the cable mod fuck up and stop derailing this thread.
You were the one that brought up the power connector. I was just correcting your mistake, because it clearly wasn't 100%. More like -100%. You and a number of people here were using it as a method to defend Nvidia's fuckery with Intel. That was a poor choice to defend Nvidia with btw. That and the DLSS nonsense, because this thread is clearly about AMD blocking DLSS. o_O Also none of that is about the 3rd party adapters. The adapter was to point out that no matter how well the connection is, the GPU pulls more power than what the connector can handle. The adapter takes away user error as a factor.

Are you working for Nvidia? You a shareholder for Nvidia? Why are you defending Nvidia? They're a multi billion dollar company, they don't need defending. This is a much bigger deal than some silly DLSS and power connector. Nvidia is actively blocking a competitor from selling their product. Intel did this themselves and had to pay AMD $1.25 Billion for it, so Intel has a lot of experience with this. There's a lot one can infer from this action by Nvidia, assuming it's true.
  • Intel's BattleMage must be really good, and priced competitively. For Nvidia to allegedly interfere with Intel's new GPU, it must mean they know it's really good.
  • Why does Nvidia care about the GPU market when their AI business is booming? Maybe it's not booming as well as Nvidia had hoped for?
  • Why isn't Nvidia doing this to AMD? The RX 7600 is really bad value, but not as bad as the 4060 and 4060 Ti. My point is there might be some Collusion.
  • Intel isn't a small dog, and might take Nvidia to court. Considering how many AIB's hate Nvidia, I can see a few of them testifying in court against Nvidia.

You were the one that brought up the power connector. I was just correcting your mistake, because it clearly wasn't 100%. More like -100%. You and a number of people here were using it as a method to defend Nvidia's fuckery with Intel. That was a poor choice to defend Nvidia with btw. That and the DLSS nonsense, because this thread is clearly about AMD blocking DLSS. o_O Also none of that is about the 3rd party adapters. The adapter was to point out that no matter how well the connection is, the GPU pulls more power than what the connector can handle. The adapter takes away user error as a factor.

Are you working for Nvidia? You a shareholder for Nvidia? Why are you defending Nvidia? They're a multi billion dollar company, they don't need defending. This is a much bigger deal than some silly DLSS and power connector. Nvidia is actively blocking a competitor from selling their product. Intel did this themselves and had to pay AMD $1.25 Billion for it, so Intel has a lot of experience with this. There's a lot one can infer from this action by Nvidia, assuming it's true.
  • Intel's BattleMage must be really good, and priced competitively. For Nvidia to allegedly interfere with Intel's new GPU, it must mean they know it's really good.
  • Why does Nvidia care about the GPU market when their AI business is booming? Maybe it's not booming as well as Nvidia had hoped for?
  • Why isn't Nvidia doing this to AMD? The RX 7600 is really bad value, but not as bad as the 4060 and 4060 Ti. My point is there might be some Collusion.
  • Intel isn't a small dog, and might take Nvidia to court. Considering how many AIB's hate Nvidia, I can see a few of them testifying in court against Nvidia.
No. I brought up the power connector thread.

Doubt it. Nvidia and intel hate is allowed here. Only threads locked are those with potential AMD mis-doings.

Just look at the power connector thread. Still alive even though it was proven to be 100% user error..
Get your fucking facts straight. Stop derailing the thread.

No. I brought up the power connector thread.
That's derailing the thread.
Get your fucking facts straight. Stop derailing the thread.
Of all the things I've said about Nvidia blocking Intel's Battlemage, you brought up the power connector. Lets go back to Nvidia and how Intel will likely sue their ass and their boss for pulling this costly stunt.

Of all the things I've said about Nvidia blocking Intel's Battlemage, you brought up the power connector. Lets go back to Nvidia and how Intel will likely sue their ass and their boss for pulling this costly stunt.
You have a source confirming this? If you do post it.

You have a source confirming this? If you do post it.
Source for the topic? Do you corporate trolls have a handbook that lists asking for source as a tactic or something? Gideon posted the link. There's your source. If true and we know this happened, then you can bet Intel knows this happened and will likely find evidence to try to take Nvidia to court. Intel is the 800lb gorilla that you don't fuck with.

Source for the topic? Do you corporate trolls have a handbook that lists asking for source as a tactic or something? Gideon posted the link. There's your source. If true and we know this happened, then you can bet Intel knows this happened and will likely find evidence to try to take Nvidia to court. Intel is the 800lb gorilla that you don't fuck with.
Link in OP is a weaker rumor than AMD blocking DLSS. So if you have nothing else, you're just blowing hot air out of your blow hole. Like most of everything else you've posted in this thread so far.

what mis-doings? it's a partnered game, they put money into it, so, they can do whatever they want. lol

Much like the majority of what Nvidia’s been accused of by the AMD crowd-assumptions based in emotion. 🙂

I don’t need to defend my position considering I’m speculating, so if it’s not the truth oh well, I move on. On the other hand every AMD fanboy has come out of the woodworks to talk me down-really speaks volumes.

View attachment 582219
This is honestly how this past week has gone with the AMD crowd with all the shenanigans going on. Now that I think about it, if they’re willing to defend accused AMD anti-consumer behavior then they’ll surely defend AMD if they’re responsible for the story linked by the OP.
No, you are assuming since you already have a conclusion in your mind. Learn the difference.

No, you are assuming since you already have a conclusion in your mind. Learn the difference.
Might want to look up the definitions of the words you’re using. The very nature of my post—what I said was speculative, I even said I was speculating.

If I was so sure that AMD said it and I stuck to my guns—that would be a conclusion, but I’m not sure, I just emphasize that I wouldn’t be surprised, but with nothing concrete all I can do is guess who would leak a story like this.

There was a post in a now deleted thread about AMD’s DLSS shenanigans speculating that this might be Nvidia stirring the pot, they’re known for doing that. No one said a thing about that post, some might have even agreed.

I do that here, speculating that this might be AMD’s response to get the people off of their backs. It’s an easy enough thing to do since Nvidia is such an easy target—and you, and the rest of the AMD supporters got upset.

All I wanted to do was throw in a different theory, based on history, current news, and some facts. Not start a flame war, so calm down killer.

Last edited:
I do that here, speculating that this might be AMD’s response to get the people off of their backs, and it’s an easy enough thing to do since Nvidia is such an easy target—and you, and the rest of the AMD supporters got upset.
Firstly, AMD was not mentioned at all in the article. This is between Nvidia and Intel. Secondly, nobody gives a shit about the whole DLSS situation. Only Nvidia fanboys care. Finally, how can AMD be involved in this situation when they'd have to be working with Intel when AMD has also blocked the use of XeSS, assuming that the rumor about AMD and DLSS is true?
All I wanted to do was throw in a different theory, based on history, current news, and some facts. Not start a flame war, so calm down killer.
I've seen better theories about aliens. Stop being a fanboy.
7s0mrw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back