NVIDIA Releases OpenCL 1.0 Conformant Drivers for XP and Linux

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA has just announced the release of the world's first OpenCL™ 1.0 conformant drivers for Windows XP and LINUX. The drivers are available to all NVIDIA GPU Computing registered developers. NVIDIA was first to submit its OpenCL 1.0 drivers to the Khronos OpenCL Working Group for certification in May 2009. NVIDIA remains to be the only vendor with hardware and software available for developers to program with OpenCL as well as other leading GPU Computing environments such as DirectX Compute, C with CUDA extensions, Fortran and more. To apply to become a GPU Computing registered developer, please use this link.

Time to finally sign up. :-/ Where are the Vista OpenCL drivers? :confused:

I was a diehard XP user till I got the windows 7 rc and you know what, XP is has run it's course and it is time to move on. Why are they even bothering with XP drivers still? So what about the current XP user base, I really doubt that many of those users would even know what openCL.

A large portion of school computer labs use XP still... I would venture that these computers alone account for over half of the computers in the US.

I was a diehard XP user till I got the windows 7 rc and you know what, XP is has run it's course and it is time to move on. Why are they even bothering with XP drivers still? So what about the current XP user base, I really doubt that many of those users would even know what openCL.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess because I prefer to use a lean 280MB ISO of XP updated all the way to April I'm behing the times and causing lolVista users to lose sleep at night!

XP is garbage, its time the whole world moved on. :p

People got different preferences. XP still going to be used widely in many places, probably even until the next major windows version, then maybe win7 got the same status as xp.

People got different preferences. XP still going to be used widely in many places, probably even until the next major windows version, then maybe win7 got the same status as xp.

Oh, absolutely XP is still going to be used widely, it still lags so incredibly hard behind modern OSes like OS X and Windows 7. Inferior UI, horrible security, creeping slowdown/bloat, its just a bad OS compared to modern ones.

Just because its popular doesn't mean its good. ;) And yes, I'm also crossing fingers that Windows 7 gets the widespread level of acceptance that XP did, we'll see.

Back