nvidia raid problem...

pfrrp

n00b
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
4
Hi--

I setup two (2) 200GB hard drives (SATA) in a raid-0 on a nforce 3 based board. The system also contains an 80GB boot drive (IDE) and a 250GB drive (IDE). All went well and was working fine through the setup. It has been up and running for about three weeks or so. And now the machine freezes at the nvidia bios screen. It reads "detecting array..." and just sits there. I can't even get into the bios at startup.

I've removed the new stick of memory, reset all the drive cables, and still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Any help would be very nice as I need this machine up and running.

Thanks in advance,
Ross

EDIT: Just flashed bios, still same problem. I've read about a problem with nforce3 boards from DFI...anyone have similar problem?
 
Just take the ram out and clear cmos onboard. Try that back to the old setup no new memory. And it should at least run old setup, might take a couple of times...but usally works. Good Luck
 
update - tried clearing cmos twice now. nothing. anyone know if i can still save this array (it doesnt contain any boot info. i just need to back it up) by using a RAID pci card?
 
I don't know for sure if this would work, but it sounds like you're either desperate or on Needy St. headed in that direction, so it might be worth a try.

As far as I know, nVraid is bios-enabled raid, but is not hardware raid. It's software raid implemented pre-OS. So it might be possible to get ahold of another computer that runs a Windows dynamic disk raid (Anything Win2K, XP) and import the dynamic disks. Somebody here undoubtedly knows more than I do, I'm kinda grasping at straws, but it might work.
 
Back
Top