Nvidia or Amd

morpheus6d9

[H]ard|Gawd
With the current cards out which would yield better results with photo/video editing with adobe products ?

Probably Nvidia but, check what the software supports and go from there. It is supports both, go for whatever is the most cost effective. Also, are you going to game with this card as well and if so, what games?

Probably Nvidia but, check what the software supports and go from there. It is supports both, go for whatever is the most cost effective. Also, are you going to game with this card as well and if so, what games?

I do most of my gaming on my consoles so gaming on my pc will be very light

I do most of my gaming on my consoles so gaming on my pc will be very light

Then pretty much ANY current gen card will be fine. Photo editing and even stuff like adobe premiere don't need a very fast GPU for the stuff that they accelerate. I think Adobe moved to OpenCL in the latest versions, which would mean better support by AMD cards.

in 2d ,I like amd because it is faster than NVidia 2ds. in 3d both amd and NVidia are good at doing that. at gsync and freesync I heard that NVidia is better (a lot better in doing that than amd). personally I would choose amd because I mostly use the internet and I like to collect photos, pictures, screenshots, and videos, more than playing games. (I am kind of a apple, imac, kind of guy)

I dig G Sync, but paying the extra premium isn't fun. Though at the end of the day, I always will go Nvidia

If you use Premier and After Effects, I would go with nVidia. I know they've made AMD compatibility now since the CC, but if you've got older versions, like CS6, nVidia all the way -- since they coded with CUDA in mind.

Then pretty much ANY current gen card will be fine. Photo editing and even stuff like adobe premiere don't need a very fast GPU for the stuff that they accelerate. I think Adobe moved to OpenCL in the latest versions, which would mean better support by AMD cards.

Yes, since the new Mac PROs were refreshed with all AMD cards, Adobe have been focusing all their efforts on OpenCL.

With the current cards out which would yield better results with photo/video editing with adobe products ?

Depending on how serious you are about Adobe Photoshop / illustrator Etc. you'll want to look at the professional cards from either one as they have more error correction built into he card/drivers. The consumer versions bypass the stringent error correction for speed. either brand will work just as well

Back