NVIDIA Next Gen GeForce Teaser

I don't think it's the GTX 590. He said they had been working on it for the past two years, and I'm guessing it didn't take them that long to make that. The claim "next-gen" makes it sound to me like it's not going to be the 590, since it's built on current-gen technology.

Wouldn't the 590 be the first official multi-GPU Fermi graphics card? If that is the case, then 2 year lines up pretty well (Fermi details were released in Sept 2009 and they were working on Fermi for a while before that). I wouldn't be surprised if having 2 GPUs on the PCB made Nvidia declare the 590 to be "next-gen".

Don't worry. They'll wood screw the two peices or three peices back together before Thursday, March 26th at 6:00am PDT.

Thursday at 6 am PDT? Well, that'll give me two hours to know how 'meh' this card is, and whether or not AMD will put up that 'Fermi' commercial again :p (I live in CDT, so 8am my time)

I've guessing it's the Transfer of Ownership papers to AMD.

Do you know how many people would die at that same time? "Nvidia fanboy mass suicide!!!"

Do you know how many people would die at that same time? "Nvidia fanboy mass suicide!!!"

They'd get over it...
3dfx_Voodoo_3_3000.JPG

:(

Can't see how a 590 could be called "next gen" :rolleyes:

I don't think nVidia are exactly Full of Win these days. So what if it is a 590, it will be like a huge 15% faster than AMD's dual card, and i still wont care. This stuff is only for the tripple 30" monitor crowd.

No way this can be a true next gen card. Hey, maybe they looked at what was going to be the 590, and thought, "fuck, it's 20% faster than our last, best card. Fuck calling it the 590, lets call it the 690 and put a new sticker on it, and feed them some bullshit on taking 2 years of R&D. They'll forget we have done that a few times already, and love it up!"

Its a gtx 590. Some people/reviewers said theirs came in a military box like that. Meh I am dissapoint as well.

Thursday at 6 am PDT? Well, that'll give me two hours to know how 'meh' this card is, and whether or not AMD will put up that 'Fermi' commercial again :p (I live in CDT, so 8am my time)

Yes, that's what the very end of the youtube video says... it gives that date/time. However, its only Wednesday here in the PDT zone, so your not looking at 2 hours but about 26 hours or so from now. I think you may have meant to say 'that'll give me a day and two hours' or maybe forgot what day it is. I know getting the days of the week confused happens easily.

I don't think it's the GTX 590. He said they had been working on it for the past two years, and I'm guessing it didn't take them that long to make that. The claim "next-gen" makes it sound to me like it's not going to be the 590, since it's built on current-gen technology.

It is the GTX 590. These companies always call next gen to their best product.

Its our best graphic card yet..yeah good one that's what all new dual gpus usually are..6990 is the best gpu amd has made so far too..

Is next gen for real? What about the 1000K I spent sicne buying computers, do I get reimbursed if it all failed???

Not so fast, everyone...A boat's a boat but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat! You know how much we've wanted one of those!

My first thought would be that there is no way it's a 590 because that has already been leaked and by no stretch of the imagination is it anything new or next gen. Then I think back to all the hype leading up to the Segway and how it was something so amazing and how it would change the world. They had me believing it was a hoverboard! Look what a flop that was.

So with all that in mind it's probably a GTX 580 with a free ammo box.

Yes, that's what the very end of the youtube video says... it gives that date/time. However, its only Wednesday here in the PDT zone, so your not looking at 2 hours but about 26 hours or so from now. I think you may have meant to say 'that'll give me a day and two hours' or maybe forgot what day it is. I know getting the days of the week confused happens easily.

Is it Thursday or is it March 26th? They are not the same day (the 26th is Sat), at least not in 2011.

What I'd like to see more than anything with these new graphics cards is for them to get SMALLER with the same bang for the buck. These things are becoming the size of consoles...

I have one more comment.

Just WHO is nVidia aiming their marketing at? 12 year old boys?

What I'd like to see more than anything with these new graphics cards is for them to get SMALLER with the same bang for the buck. These things are becoming the size of consoles...

I kind of like it. I didn't get an 800D for nothin

I have one more comment.

Just WHO is nVidia aiming their marketing at? 12 year old boys?

I wasn't thinking 12-year old boys so much as the produces of the G.I. Joe movie as you'd need multi-million dollar budget you can afford to spend on very wasteful projects ;)

In all seriousness though, I think the military-theme is marketing towards more a card carrying members of a particular gun-enthusiast club? ammo box? massive power usage? bigger, badder, hotter, etc? most powerful card ever? as opposed to 12-year-old-boys. 12-year-old boys wish they could afford a gtx 580 but will be lucky if the avg parent will be willing to spend $200.00 on a gpu let alone $500.00.

my guess is they finally found a way to stay within power limits, and put dual gpu on a single board aka 5990 style, anything else would not be new, only revised upgrades, since they have never put out a dual gpu in single card format recent times.

I've already got the infos.

The elephant.
The militant style box.

NVIDIA IS...
Co-Partnering with...

DISNEY TO MAKE OPERATION DUMBO DROP 2 IN 3D
USING NVIDIA HARDWARE TO RENDER IT.

/endthread

An announcement...of an announcement...of an announcement...

This whole thing is too meta for me

It's probably a 590gtx & Crysis 2 combo. That's the most expensive and successful thing they ever created.

I would LMAO if they opened the box while making a video
and they pulled out a Xbox 360 and said hey " Crytek " then pops them the bird

if they did that , my next card would be a Nvidia card

(Let's keep that war over in the official Crysis 2 bitch/moan/whine thread, shall we?)

Well, 6AM pst is less than 11 hours away! Curious about those 2560 results ...

For 2 years? It better not be 2 cores on a board!

I think they are realizing the mistake they made with this gen chips, and have been fixing them. For instance, I sold by 5870 used for $319, and but 2 460's for $298 in SLI!

They are faster and a ton quieter than the single 5870.

I think it will be a new gen, but we'll see.

Back