NVIDIA & Multi-display Gaming Editorial @ [H]

+1
i was under the same impression as well, if Nvidia thinks that folks are going to dich their current setup for 3D only.. i highly dought they will succeed.
why waste r&d on something that will never only a very small percentage of users are able to use.

Most people are not going to want to do Eyefinity with only two monitors. And a 5750 is cutting REAL close. And that's still the price of a laptop. I don't know why you think that this is or will be anytime soon an average persons setup. It's not and if you low ball it its going to suck and you'll wonder why people like it.

The gamer already has one monitor.

The gamer already has one monitor.

I already have three 24" 1920x1200 monitors but I plan on buying a matching set of the HP 24" 1920x1200 LED back lighted IPS monitors that are supposed to be out next month.

Look, you can do Eyeinify or "nFinity" for that matter on the cheap, but I think that I will enjoy it more if I give it enough hardware, nothing more than I would do for any other high end rig I've built with the exception of three new matching monitors. It was either that or upgrade to a 30", which I am still considering, but I think I'm going 3 x 24". Was thinking about 3 x 30" but that's a lot more money and 3 30" monitors would blind me anyway. I simply think is just to big anyway.

I already have three 24" 1920x1200 monitors but I plan on buying a matching set of the HP 24" 1920x1200 LED back lighted IPS monitors that are supposed to be out next month.

Look, you can do Eyeinify or "nFinity" for that matter on the cheap, but I think that I will enjoy it more if I give it enough hardware, nothing more than I would do for any other high end rig I've built with the exception of three new matching monitors. It was either that or upgrade to a 30", which I am still considering, but I think I'm going 3 x 24". Was thinking about 3 x 30" but that's a lot more money and 3 30" monitors would blind me anyway. I simply think is just to big anyway.
FWIW, I was reading those new HP monitors won't be LED backlit. Dunno if that changes your opinon.

Advantages for nVidia:
--Can use VGA outputs.

If you still use CRT perhaps, it's not an advantage to put an analog cable between a digital source and destination unless you really really have to.

"- Can use 3 DVI or HDMI outputs" on the other hand would be a real advantage.

I thought this was tested as working on AMD as well. ??
You are correct, as I found out earlier today--AMD can indeed do Eyefinity using VGA.

@SixtyWattMan - I'm one of those who still has VGA. Not too long ago, all the cheapest LCD monitors came with only analog inputs (including mine).

You are correct, as I found out earlier today--AMD can indeed do Eyefinity using VGA.

@SixtyWattMan - I'm one of those who still has VGA. Not too long ago, all the cheapest LCD monitors came with only analog inputs (including mine).

Now the question is, can it do eyefinity at 85-120Hz for us CRT users :cool:

If so, I can stave of LCD even longer. I've weighed the options. And my FW900 still kicks the ass of the LCD's out there today. It really saddens me to say that, as I would really like to see something new that could serve as a worthy replacement.

CRTs have huge bezels, I cant see it working too well.
Once bezel management has been added to the driver, it will be better but there will still be big gaps in the display field.

"Not ready to enter the third dimension? NVIDIA® Surround™ will also be supported with GF100 on non-stereo displays"

anyone know when Nvidia will release this driver so can finally sell my matrox TH2G?

I wish that Nvidia cards would start going more with Eyefinity... as an AVID AMD user I love Nvidia too.. so the whole Nvidia pairing with Intel is tearing me apart!

Back