Nvidia GPUs are awesome on x11

Figures. X11 takes a total crap with no signs of bouncing back between my ordering 4 750Tis and them arriving.

So what algo/coin/pool are you guys with NVIDIA setups doing right now?

Man, we need to get a more active developer working on a solid NVIDIA miner. Still no failover and we're going to totally miss the boat on X13. If anyone knows of a developer we could incentivize to put some priority on working toward an NVIDIA miner that's even remotely close to sgminer's level of polish, please post up some linkage here.
Yamashitacoin is x11 and is still profitable (for now):
http://whatmine.com/?search=1&hashR...[]=9&exchangers[]=8&exchangers[]=10&orderBy=0

betarigs is paying: 0.00104 and has been back to north of 100 since at least yesterday when I looked. considering how little power you guys use its still worth it. I still have 6950's and some other rigs running X11 that just suck too badly on X13. I should probably run around posting my 7850's and 6950's up for sale to get them gone to make room for 750ti's. The level of silent power the 750ti's pull even if you actually stay stuck on X11 a while its still a very profitable situation.

Ya, Vootcoin (Who the hell was in charge of naming that coin?) was released yesterday for X11... appeared to be another big hype coin that probably turned out to be a scam... the coin was released, profitability was through the roof on TMB, and dropped like a rock during the night. I was excited last night because I had something really profitable to point my Nvidia hash power at, but that was short lived.

I don't think so. IIRC the guy behind ccminer said he is working on something much more lucrative and donations or a bounty wouldn't make a difference. He pretty much said it's open source so someone else can support it if anyone wants to step up.

Well, I just posted in the cudaMiner/ccMiner thread on bitcointalk to try to drum up some interest for an NVIDIA miner with true failover support. Come throw in some support!

Well, I just posted in the cudaMiner/ccMiner thread on bitcointalk to try to drum up some interest for an NVIDIA miner with true failover support. Come throw in some support!

Wow, reading that thread doesn't give me high hopes for failover support. The author seems too busy thinking about adding new algorithms and then keeping the thing to himself to mine with so that nobody else can compete with him. I don't even have high hopes for X13 support to be added soon, if at all.

Wow, reading that thread doesn't give me high hopes for failover support. The author seems too busy thinking about adding new algorithms and then keeping the thing to himself to mine with so that nobody else can compete with him. I don't even have high hopes for X13 support to be added soon, if at all.

Pretty much, which is why we need to get someone new to take up the project.

You know... I'd be lying if I said I didn't already take a brief look at the code to see if there was a simple patch that could be done to add either of these features in, but I will also admit I've been away from programming too long to remember a lot of what I would need to do. That, and there appears to be some Cuda specific stuff that's pretty much over my head at this point.... well, not just the Cuda stuff, there appears to be quite a bit that's over my head.

Is there another site/forum that we can post a bounty for adding both Nvidia ccminer failover and X13 support other than that ccminer thread?

Trying to set up a bounty and maintain it within the confines of that ccminer thread on the Bitcointalk forum would be pointless. Look at how many requests for X13 and failover are in that thread already and see how fast they get drowned out by fanbois and ass kissers who are just pandering to the author's wishes to implement some other little known and obscure algorithm that a whopping 3 fucking coins are using. The author has even made it clear that the more often he is bugged about adding X13, the longer he's going to put it off, so there has to be another place for a request of the sort.

I'm willing to pitch in some myself if there was a good place to advertise and get things started.

Any ideas?

Is there another site/forum that we can post a bounty for adding both Nvidia ccminer failover and X13 support other than that ccminer thread?

Trying to set up a bounty and maintain it within the confines of that ccminer thread on the Bitcointalk forum would be pointless. Look at how many requests for X13 and failover are in that thread already and see how fast they get drowned out by fanbois and ass kissers who are just pandering to the author's wishes to implement some other little known and obscure algorithm that a whopping 3 fucking coins are using. The author has even made it clear that the more often he is bugged about adding X13, the longer he's going to put it off, so there has to be another place for a request of the sort.

I'm willing to pitch in some myself if there was a good place to advertise and get things started.

Any ideas?

Well maybe we make a new thread. I'd have to study the"etiquette" of doing such a thing on that forum first since they're pretty unforgiving. Otherwise, Reddit has a pretty active mining crowd, but admittedly I'm a total noob when it comes to Reddit.

Well maybe we make a new thread. I'd have to study the"etiquette" of doing such a thing on that forum first since they're pretty unforgiving. Otherwise, Reddit has a pretty active mining crowd, but admittedly I'm a total noob when it comes to Reddit.

Reddit tends to be nothing but the dumbest people on the planet but every so often some actually smart people can be stumbled upon.

Reddit tends to be nothing but the dumbest people on the planet but every so often some actually smart people can be stumbled upon.

So you're saying it's a good cross-section of the general populace?

Got my 4x 750 Ti rig up and running over the weekend. Just under 250W total for 8.6MH/s on X11. Not too shabby!

Depends on the subreddit, some of them are worse than tomshardware imo. A lot of misinformation can be upvoted there. Problem is that once it circulates to those readers they just keep spreading it like the plague.

Finally an X13 mod for ccminer!!!
(Of course, not done by the ccminer author... by a 3rd party it appears)

http://cudamining.cc/url/releases

A bit late, but better late than never.

Oddly enough, I found this out when I was updating the block chain for Talkcoin... It was posted in the Talkcoin chat box!

EDIT: Here's another link to CryptoMining Blog. This release may be different than the one found in the link above.... personally, I think I'll be using this one instead of the one above, but that's just personal preference I guess.
http://cryptomining-blog.com/2713-new-ccminer-fork-with-support-for-x13-on-nvidia-gpus-available/

Last edited:
Finally an X13 mod for ccminer!!!
(Of course, not done by the ccminer author... by a 3rd party it appears)

http://cudamining.cc/url/releases

A bit late, but better late than never.

Oddly enough, I found this out when I was updating the block chain for Talkcoin... It was posted in the Talkcoin chat box!

That's nice there's finally an x13 mod around, shame the price of BTC just tanked a chunk or I woulda ordered some cards tonight.

It tanked on news that the government is auctioning 30k btc later this month. I bought some at $600, $590, and $560.

Bah... it isn't even bad news. No, whales were just looking for another reason to drop the price just for shits and giggles.

Oh well, I don't believe it will be down for long.... look forward to the typical Monday recovery.

Bah... it isn't even bad news. No, whales were just looking for another reason to drop the price just for shits and giggles.

Oh well, I don't believe it will be down for long.... look forward to the typical Monday recovery.

As I already said on BT, the coins are already in circulation, it's not like this was newly mined coins. They were already factored into the marketcap, same with satoshi's. Secondly, these coins aren't getting dumped on the exchanges... this is an auction where the winners need to have valid forms of identification in order to receive the coins (large investors being that these are 3k blocks). Finally, this further proves BTC has value.

As I already said on BT, the coins are already in circulation, it's not like this was newly mined coins. They were already factored into the marketcap, same with satoshi's. Secondly, these coins aren't getting dumped on the exchanges... this is an auction where the winners need to have valid forms of identification in order to receive the coins (large investors being that these are 3k blocks). Finally, this further proves BTC has value.

Factored into the market cap, but they had been effectively taken out of circulation. It's entirely feasible, if these buyers get a good price for them, that a significant number of these coins could end up getting dumped fairly quickly. And the speculation of that, my friends, has a negative impact on the BTC market. It should just be a short term dip in value, though. So good time to buy (maybe)!

Factored into the market cap, but they had been effectively taken out of circulation. It's entirely feasible, if these buyers get a good price for them, that a significant number of these coins could end up getting dumped fairly quickly. And the speculation of that, my friends, has a negative impact on the BTC market. It should just be a short term dip in value, though. So good time to buy (maybe)!

There would have to be a significant profit made from the investors purchase price for them to be able to move 3000 coin blocks on the exchanges and make a decent profit at the risk of tanking price and screwing themselves. Secondly, I'm sure the bids will closely follow the overall exchange price on that date so any form of arbitrage is quickly factored in.

...and since when did it become known these coins were taken out of circulation. It's very common for seized assets to get liquidated at auctions. No where in my mind did I assume these 30k of coins were just going to sit in an evidence room...

I've used this short-term price action to buy back the coins I sold at $650, trying to play a trade back down to $590-$600. It actually held up around there for awhile before the coindesk article spread. Then I added more at $560.

ON IT!

EDIT: LOL! Awesome! I just found out I was using the wrong ccminer for my 780's too.... I was using ccminer30 and was wondering how you were getting 14MH on each 780 when I was getting 10.5MH... tried the new ccminer35-50 and BAM! 13.8MH! Excellent!
Ya, temps are up a couple of degrees on the 750Ti's as well... some were sitting below 50C and now hottest is 58C, coolest is 54C.... average of 55C amongst all cards. Correction: I guess I didn't let them run long enough... temps are up to about 58C avg. Highest card is just breaking 60C every so often, lowest card is 55C.

LOL! Nothing like jumping up a spot on the pool list just for updating ccminer.

Last edited:
C'mon ASUS! So I had bought four of the ASUS dual fan factory overclocked 750 Tis with a 6-pin connector, figuring they would have a higher power target enabled in the BIOS. Noticed last night that the core clocks were throttling, even though the whole rig was only drawing about 280W.

WTF?

So I pulled the BIOS from the cards and sure enough, the power target was set at 38.5W, just like a reference card. Meh!

Jacked 'em up to 75W and now it's back to the throttle-free life.

Up to 34Mh/s with 4x 750Tis, but now power draw is up to 340W...whoops!

NVIDIA cards just got awesome-er.

ccminer v1.1 has dropped with significant boosts for most of the algos.

Windows binary here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!FFU2DYbZ!UT3LyvrLblyA81SZmtZmMv3vwelOe70JCTPrzNfBAoc

On Talkcoin (nist5), my vanilla 780 went from 10Mh/s to 14 and my 750 Tis went from 4.8 to 8...each! Power draw is up about 10%, but well worth the increase.
isd this for X11 based coins? Care to share your settings? Only getting 2.1-2.2 per card mining dark coins

isd this for X11 based coins? Care to share your settings? Only getting 2.1-2.2 per card mining dark coins

Make sure you're using the latest ccminer. On X11, I'm averaging over 2.5 on each of my four 750Tis.

I'm getting around 2.4 on my 750 Ti's. Has anyone tried mining X11 on the non-Ti version?

I'm getting around 2.4 on my 750 Ti's. Has anyone tried mining X11 on the non-Ti version?

Looking at a few reviews, the vanilla 750 seems to be able to achieve pretty similar memory clocks. And X11 doesn't really utilize the card memory at all. Therefore, I'd put my money on it performing right around 80% of the 750Ti considering it has 80% of the shaders.

And since they show up on sale for right around $100 on occasion, they would be a damn good bang for the buck.

link. I thought I got the latest one. What core/mem clocks are you running?

Shazam... http://cryptomining-blog.com/2756-o...13-and-diamond-groestl-support-now-available/

Running +120 core/+300 memory on mine. Average is 10,800, so actually 2.7Mh/s average among the four of them. Different boost clocks across the board, so the numbers vary here and there.

Looking at a few reviews, the vanilla 750 seems to be able to achieve pretty similar memory clocks. And X11 doesn't really utilize the card memory at all. Therefore, I'd put my money on it performing right around 80% of the 750Ti considering it has 80% of the shaders.

And since they show up on sale for right around $100 on occasion, they would be a damn good bang for the buck.

Shazam... http://cryptomining-blog.com/2756-o...13-and-diamond-groestl-support-now-available/

Running +120 core/+300 memory on mine. Average is 10,800, so actually 2.7Mh/s average among the four of them. Different boost clocks across the board, so the numbers vary here and there.
which exe are using? 50,35 ?

The latest version EXE should be something like ccminer35-50 which is the one you should be using.

The newest AMD 14.6 beta drivers are pretty awesome, just tried them out last night and I'm getting 5 mh/s on a 290x on x11 and almost 3.6 on x13.

Edit: oops wrong driver number.

Last edited:
The newest AMD 16.2 beta drivers are pretty awesome, just tried them out last night and I'm getting 5 mh/s on a 290x on x11 and almost 3.6 on x13.

you mean the 14.6 beta? haven't heard of any versions that high. Link?

I have two 290s and am only getting something like 3.5Mhash per card (stock speeds) would love to know your settings :)

Back