NVidia GPU client available next week?

FWIW, I'm getting about the same ppd on my 8600gt, and that's while running the Windoze SMP client in the background, plus whatever SWMBO and my 4 year old throw at it while I'm at work... I usually rate 1800ppd on the GPU client and 600-650ppd on the SMP client for about 2400-2450ppd total. I'm personally afraid to crank my card any higher than the 620/800 it came OC'd at from XFX, because with the GPU client running wide open, it's reading 96-98 degrees C, and that just can't be good - glad it has that double lifetime warranty!
The temps look a little high but I'm sure the shaders can be clocked higher. Probably high enough to get over 1900 PPD. The shaders on my 8800 GT cards are all OC to 1752MHz, but my systems are run with their cases open. If you can provide additional cooling, you'll probably able to get a better OC while alleviating some of your concerns.

Most G92 based 88 series can hit 1900 shaders if you leave the cpu and memory relatively low 600/800 ish cpu memory...

Most G92 based 88 series can hit 1900 shaders if you leave the cpu and memory relatively low 600/800 ish cpu memory...
I don't see how without resorting to alternative cooling methods. I'm hitting ~4950PPD with 1752MHz shaders, which is in the higher end of the spectrum for an 8800GT card. I don't OC the memory or core speeds but I don't UC them either (stock C-600/M-900). With 1900MHz shaders, we're talking about ~5500PPD for an 8800GT. I haven't seen many reported with performance that high, not with OEM cooling at any rate. What kind of cooling do you utilize?

I've got this card with the stock cooler and my shaders are currently running at 1901mhz. It can go ~50mhz higher but I hear the card at that point. With the fan set to 75% via rivatuner my gpu temp is 66C with a room temp around 75F

I've got this card with the stock cooler and my shaders are currently running at 1901mhz. It can go ~50mhz higher but I hear the card at that point. With the fan set to 75% via rivatuner my gpu temp is 66C with a room temp around 75F
Ahh, well that's a dual-slot OEM cooler on your card. My cards are all single slot, albeit full copper. I don't believe I can get much higher than I am running ATM without changing to a larger cooler, which isn't worth the hassle or the cost for a few hundred PPD. I haven't attempted UC the other settings yet to determine if I can raise the shader frequency. Anyway, what's your production like?

I don't really have good numbers because I made the mistake of renewing my WoW account this week and I've only had the card for 3 days. I've seen as high as 5300PPD in Fahmon fwiw.

I don't see how without resorting to alternative cooling methods. I'm hitting ~4950PPD with 1752MHz shaders, which is in the higher end of the spectrum for an 8800GT card. I don't OC the memory or core speeds but I don't UC them either (stock C-600/M-900). With 1900MHz shaders, we're talking about ~5500PPD for an 8800GT. I haven't seen many reported with performance that high, not with OEM cooling at any rate. What kind of cooling do you utilize?

Stock.. hotest isabout 72c under load. I use riva tuner and it seems to be pretty solid.I've got 3 at 1900 and 3 at 1850. The others I have not tried to do anything with. my two 8800GTX's don't oc shaders worth a crap!

Oh and I have riva tuner set the fan to 100%

Holy crap :eek: A big 8500 pernts on one boxen sounds utterly fan-freakin'-tastic (sorry, bad PC :p)

Because I'm "anal" about lag, strain or whatever on my boxen and I only use 1x SMP client on my 1x WinXP Q6600 WC'ed boxen (my other Q6600 is runun' Ubuntu v8.04) and the amount of pernts (2900 @ 3.2 GHz 1x SMP client) quoted above sounds accurate to me. I just use my Q6600 WC'er as a "work horse" for light duty stuff like surfin', IM'ing' Itunes, DVD copying, general stuff like that and I fold on it 24/7.

Please excuse this utterly "dumb a*s" question, but I'm no gammer and I don't know "jack" about graphics cards (CUDA ?). What graphics card were these fantastic pernts made on? (if it's obvious please excuse my question) :confused:

I just read a post by MixManSC about a $140 dollar card (I might be able to swing that :p) would that give me such a boost in pernts as IcedEmotion was talking about above? I was "surfin' the NewEgg sight (is that a good place for graphics cards?) and they had some of all kinds of graphics cards (to me). Which one would be the cheapest (I have to be thrifty),still give me "bang fior the buck" and a bunch of pernts like IcedEmotion was talking about :confused:

Thanks in advance for any input :D

New Egg has the EVGA 8800GS for 80 bucks after rebate. I was using the XFX 8600GT for folding and getting only about 1800 PPD from it. After upgrading to the 8800GS, now getting consistently about 4400 PPD. Of course the GT and GTS's are better but the GS is quite a card for the dough, it overclocks nicely and runs cool as a cucumber.
Pooch

Back