NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics card to support DirectX 12 Ultimate API

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-graphics-card-to-support-directx-12-ultimate-api

So is this some kinda new dx 12 stuff i dont understand what they are getting at here? Or are they scared that AMD has or supports something new that nvidia doesn thave yet?
This looks like an updated API that supports all the features the next gen consoles will have. I don't know what you're on about with the "scared" comment. Variable-rate shading is already supported by both AMD and NVIDIA, it just hasn't officially been a part of the DirectX API yet. Same with sampler feedback. First time I've heard of mesh shaders, so I'll have to find the white papers on that. You have to realize that just like the Khronos Group Microsoft coordinates with a multitude of hardware manufacturers and software developers to develop the API.

That's a lot of exclamation points for a saying the same thing NV said which you indicated might mean they are scared.

This is just an API increment. NV indicated they support it. AMD says they will support it. I wouldn't read much more into it than that.

Back