NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Price $699

I wonder if Maxwell will be more powerful than the Ti?

every generation is faster then the last...dual GPU cards might last a bit longer but even those lines are starting to blur nowadays

every generation is faster then the last...dual GPU cards might last a bit longer but even those lines are starting to blur nowadays

I just don't see the point of buying a Ti at $700 then. Even if Maxwell is 10% faster, it will probably cost around 550-600. I guess it's the cost of having the most powerful card first.

I could see if Maxwell was a year or so off, but it's about 6 months or less.

1200p does not use 3gb. I'm guessing the card probably allocate a lot of vram because you have 4gb. 1080p uses 1.6gb at ultra with 4x aa.

sure for just the frame buffer
add in texture caching... and any thing else you want to store on the card it adds up fast
6GB if you run say 3x 1200P screens a 780Ti could do it with just one card

I wonder if Maxwell will be more powerful than the Ti?

Maxwell should be pretty crazy rumors are 3x to 4x the shaders of the GK110 and then you add on a dual core ARM chip on the card to deal with API over head and yea its a speed boat
one thing i like about how NV is handling the over issues is that it should work with ALL games not just ones with an API for it ie Mantle

I just don't see the point of buying a Ti at $700 then. Even if Maxwell is 10% faster, it will probably cost around 550-600. I guess it's the cost of having the most powerful card first.

I could see if Maxwell was a year or so off, but it's about 6 months or less.

6 months is pretty standard IMO. If you keep on waiting then you'll never upgrade since the next refresh is usually only 6 months away.

Let's see: I knew that nVidia will probably release a refresh for the Titan that will be available around Christmas. Did this stop me from buying them in March? LOL, are you kidding me? :)

The Titans have enabled me to play any game I want maxed out at 3x1440p. I can also play slightly older games like Mass Effect with 2x SGSSAA, which is awesome. Now a Titan refresh is coming out at $300 less per card, so what?

Even if the top Maxwell will also be a $1,000 and Maxwell 2.0 will slightly faster and cheaper, will I wait 10 months for it? Fuck no. You want to play the high-end game, gotta deal with the rules.

My understanding is that the ARM CPU is inside the GPU die. Have you read something different?

from what i have heard and see in slides it looks like there just going slap a Tegra chip on the board

Back