NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 376.33 WHQL Drivers

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
Drivers are out, get them at the usual places or on other sites if they are not on nvidia.com or geforce.com

Titanfall 2 owners are going to be PISSED.

What’s New in Version 376.33 WHQL

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team works until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day one.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for the latest new titles and updates.

Security
This version adds several security improvements.

Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
•Titanfall 2 - disabled SLI

3D Vision Profiles
No 3D Vision profiles were added with this version.

3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
No compatibility mode profiles were added with this version.

Software Module Versions
•NView - 148.03
•HD Audio Driver - 1.3.34.17
•NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.16.0318
•GeForce Experience - 3.2 (3.2.0.91)
•CUDA - 8.0

Last edited:
Why the hell would they disable the TF2 SLI Profile?? It's been working flawlessly since launch, I don't understand. Been playing on GTX 1080s in SLI without a single issue..... someone is drunk at nvidia HQ.

Why the hell would they disable the TF2 SLI Profile?? It's been working flawlessly since launch, I don't understand. Been playing on GTX 1080s in SLI without a single issue..... someone is drunk at nvidia HQ.

Titanfall 2 is NOT TF2. Don't do that.

Far more people are playing TF2 than Titanfall 2.

Sadly SLI is not what it used to be... When I as SLi'ing my GTX 470s seemed like most AAA games had it now its a hit and miss... even where games support it the scaling is terrible like ROTTR, Watch Dogs or any Ubisoft game, Mafia 3 doesn't have SLI, and the list goes on and on...

Sadly SLI is not what it used to be... When I as SLi'ing my GTX 470s seemed like most AAA games had it now its a hit and miss... even where games support it the scaling is terrible like ROTTR, Watch Dogs or any Ubisoft game, Mafia 3 doesn't have SLI, and the list goes on and on...

I'm not sure that's something anyone should be sad about. SLI never offered exactly double performance. It always made more sense, both performance and financial, to step up to a single card in a higher tier than SLI cards in lower tiers.

I'm not sure that's something anyone should be sad about. SLI never offered exactly double performance. It always made more sense, both performance and financial, to step up to a single card in a higher tier than SLI cards in lower tiers.

SLI has allowed me to max out games @ 60fps which would not have been possible otherwise. Although scaling is rarely double the performance it usually was a significant bump. In addition, price wise it offered better bang for the buck as 1070s in SLI will easily beat a Titan XP when it scales properly. If the Titan X wasn't so expensive I'd prefer it to an SLI set up.

EA titles seems to break multiGPU. First BF1, now Titanfall 2. And for BF1 it requires a game patch+new drivers to work again. Did they get something new in Origin that's incorporated in the games and related to graphics.

Same here. I made the mistake of CF and SLI many times over (2 times CF and 2 times SLI) before I finally got it drilled into my stupid skull: one GPU at a time.

So whenever I was looking for a new GPU, I just bought the single most powerful chip out there.

i've sli'ed since 8800 and titles that don't support it are a no buy from me.

GTA V imho is the gold standard in games.

Reactions: psy81
like this
We should be more upset about this. A lot of us know already that single card is always best, and so the majority of the comments in the past year have shrugged off Nvidia slowly phasing out SLI support, but aren't they just getting away with doing less work?

We hear the line about them not having to waste resources working on SLI profiles, but realistically speaking, are we ever going to see that reflected in our bottom line, as opposed to Nvidia's? I highly doubt it. It's not as if we're getting our cards any cheaper or profiles any faster (if anything, cards have crept up in price and drivers are no less riddled with bugs).

I used SLI in the past, and I liked it sometimes, and other times it caused headaches. Regardless, I'd still like to have the option in the future.

SLI has allowed me to max out games @ 60fps which would not have been possible otherwise. Although scaling is rarely double the performance it usually was a significant bump. In addition, price wise it offered better bang for the buck as 1070s in SLI will easily beat a Titan XP when it scales properly. If the Titan X wasn't so expensive I'd prefer it to an SLI set up.

60 FPS in SLI is not the same as 60 FPS on a single GPU. And a Titan XP is cheaper than two 1080s in SLI: MSRP on the 1080 is $700, MSRP on the Titan X Pascal is $1200.

This. At many points since the 6800GT / Ultra days, I've often been unable to max out games at 60FPS on my monitor(s) without two GPUs. Even then there have been times where it wasn't even possible with two or three GPUs. I think a large part of the issue here is shitty console ports and lazy ass developers putting consoles first. Game developers never properly embraced multi-monitor gaming which is why NVSurround and Eyefinity are essentially dead technologies. Why? They were too fucking lazy to implement FOV adjustments and HUD scaling into games. The lack of SLI or Crossfire Support is just an extension of the same problem. The PC is an afterthought where as before it was the premiere platform for developers. Consoles usually got either different games or cut down versions of our games. Now we get half assed ports by developers who don't understand the platform or what the market demands.

Reactions: psy81
like this
Still no fix for Folding@Home.

Jesus Christ Nvidia! You broke it with your driver updates, why the fuck can't you fix it already?

i've sli'ed since 8800 and titles that don't support it are a no buy from me.

GTA V imho is the gold standard in games.

Agreed GTAV, MGSV, Games running Frostbite 3 scale incredibly well in SLI. SLI done well and from the start which is the exception as opposed to the norm these days. Gaming at 4K maxed out @ 60 FPS all thanks to SLI. I also like the look of 2 cards in my case :p

Agreed GTAV, MGSV, Games running Frostbite 3 scale incredibly well in SLI. SLI done well and from the start which is the exception as opposed to the norm these days. Gaming at 4K maxed out @ 60 FPS all thanks to SLI. I also like the look of 2 cards in my case :p
I don't like sli but I've always had a geeky like to dual cards in my chassis too lol

I don't like sli but I've always had a geeky like to dual cards in my chassis too lol

same here.

an empty pci express slot is a sad pci express slot.

:smuggrin:

Running 1440p at 144Hz almost necessitates SLI in the latest games; when 4k >60Hz becomes a thing (hopefully with HDR baked in), it'll still be necessary.

And add BF1 to the list of ratfucking going on.

so what are these 'security improvements' they added?

Fixed Issues in Version 376.33

Windows 10 Fixed Issues
- Install the Display Container via co-installer. [200228206]
- [375.86, GP104] Corruption in YouTube video playback when two or more videos are playing at the same time in Chrome. [1843100]
- Clean up the escape calls that use physical addresses. [1626231]

Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7 Fixed Issues
- Install the Display Container via co-installer. [200228206]
- NV_ESC_ID_NVAPI_REPORT_WFD_HOTPLUG and NV_ESC_ID_NVAPI_ENUM_DISPLAYIDS_EX don't validate the size of input, causing a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. [1808374]
- Clean up the escape calls that use physical addresses. [1626231]
- NVL_ESC_ID_COMMON_REGISTRY_ACCESS escalates user privileges when the registry is accessed. [1359976]

From page 10 of the release notes (link goes to .pdf).

Just installed these. In combination with a BF 1 patch that I also just installed, the flickering in SLI under DX 11 is fixed after being broken last month in a BF 1 patch.

Alright, color me excited; I'll take a look later. I'd almost given up checking after every patch.

(course, it'd be nice if they got SLI working under DX12...)

That would be up to the developer to get working, as all responsibility for multi card support has passed from Nvidia over to the game developers with DX12 - which is why DX12 has sounded one of the final death bells of multi GPU systems

^^ This.

That would be up to the developer to get working, as all responsibility for multi card support has passed from Nvidia over to the game developers with DX12 - which is why DX12 has sounded one of the final death bells of multi GPU systems

It's a death knell dude, not a "death bell".

Personally, SLI/Crossfire can't die fast enough. Developer support just isn't there like it used to be and it honestly was never *that* great. After my attempt at it in the GTX770 error I'll never try it again. Top consumer card or bust.

Dont forget to remove the free telemetry malware included as a gift to us loyal nvidia fans.

Personally, SLI/Crossfire can't die fast enough. Developer support just isn't there like it used to be and it honestly was never *that* great. After my attempt at it in the GTX770 error I'll never try it again. Top consumer card or bust.
Your post sounds like you'd prefer a DevilDriver.

Okok, so I've played too much Skyrim in the past month. :ROFLMAO:

So DX11 SLI works properly now, but DX12 is just plain broke. DICE just can't win.

(did not try disabling SLI to test DX12; symptoms of 'broke' being I had to alt-tab out and in after mouse clicks to get the display to refresh, which made switching back to DX11 a royal pain)

DX12 multiGPU is all on DICE. Nothing there with AMD and Nvidia as such.

Back