NVIDIA GeForce 337.88 WHQL Driver

Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games compared with the previous 335.23 WHQL. Significant CPU overhead reductions in the driver result in performance gains that will often favor CPU-bottlenecked situations. Per usual, results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings.

I'm curious if these do anything for those who were already using the 337.50 beta.

Looks like the Titan Black will see the light of day tomorrow now that these new WHQL drivers have been updated.

I like how TF2 is listed :p

I thought Source games for the most part are rarely GPU-limited anyway, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

2014-05-26_13-37-24.png

4K performance improvements in certain games, also. :D

I like how TF2 is listed :p

I thought Source games for the most part are rarely GPU-limited anyway, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

"Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games compared with the previous 335.23 WHQL. Significant CPU overhead reductions in the driver result in performance gains that will often favor CPU-bottlenecked situations. Per usual, results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings."

As you said source games are CPU bound so dx12 optimizations would help in this case.

Any word on whether it fixes Wolfenstein issues?

Any word on whether it fixes Wolfenstein issues?

Wolfenstein was already working well for me but these drivers improve my framerates in a few areas. Screen-Space Reflections don't have the same penalty, for one.

Try copying nvoglv64.dll from your %system32% directory into your game folder and make sure it's version .3788. I remember some people having issues with Rage where they had more than one OpenGL driver in their system folder and the game tried using the wrong one. Placing the driver that you want to use in the game's folder makes it use that one.

I have a fresh Win 8.1 Pro build with the latest drivers (except until today obviously) with a fresh install of all games, etc. and I would still get the texture tearing / popping. Frame rates were pretty much alright but man things flopping about everywhere was ridiculous.

boooo, no titanfall or ESO SLI profiles yet? :(

Pretty sure that they didn't sneak those in an earlier release, correct me if I am wrong.

boooo, no titanfall or ESO SLI profiles yet? :(

Pretty sure that they didn't sneak those in an earlier release, correct me if I am wrong.

Latest word on ESO from NVidia:

"The Craglorn patch was released after 337.88 WHQL's contents were finalized. Our team is now evaluating the update to determine if it is in fact compatible with SLI. If it is, we will of course develop and release a profile.

If major changes are required, however, it will only be available as part of a driver. If it can be fixed with a profile, the profile will be deployed via GeForce Experience shortly after its creation. "

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...support-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-when-/7/

Latest word on ESO from NVidia:

"The Craglorn patch was released after 337.88 WHQL's contents were finalized. Our team is now evaluating the update to determine if it is in fact compatible with SLI. If it is, we will of course develop and release a profile.

If major changes are required, however, it will only be available as part of a driver. If it can be fixed with a profile, the profile will be deployed via GeForce Experience shortly after its creation. "

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...support-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-when-/7/

Fuck the GeForce Experience.

Makes valley artifact for me. Perhaps pixel clock patch involved. Last beta messed some old games up in Pcsx2

I might have to grab this new version even though I don't have the games on the list so it won't really matter.
Still using 335.23 with a 750ti, no problems.

Question I have, do you really need to install the HD audio if you are not using any HDMI? I never bother with that or the geforce experience, I only install the driver and phys-x and nothing extra.

I might have to grab this new version even though I don't have the games on the list so it won't really matter.
Still using 335.23 with a 750ti, no problems.

Question I have, do you really need to install the HD audio if you are not using any HDMI? I never bother with that or the geforce experience, I only install the driver and phys-x and nothing extra.
Of course you dont need to install anything but the driver and physx if that is all you need.

What is wrong with GeForce Experience? Its best feature is that game and SLI profiles can now be updated without a driver release.

Yep, plus it provides the interface for shadowplay which gives me a 2-3% FPS loss for native or downscaled-to-1080p high quality recording with low disk space usage, better than anything on the market except a dedicated external hardware box for doing so. What's not to like? It isn't a required part of the install regardless :).

Outside of the need / want for some folks to stream gameplay....the concept of geforce experience just breeds (at the best) lazyness and at the worse ignorance about game settings.

I mean, really, who actually uses a preset detail setting in a pc game when provided the options to change them individually?

But you want the all knowing nvidia button to tell you how to set your system up?

Can't wait (sadistic I know) when a few years down the road people forget how to do it manually and a driver update causes 32bit rainbows to burn into your screens.

Be damned if I can ever remember where to find the rainbow option....

driver notifications really?

REALLY?!?!

9.5 years here and periodically checking some forums hasn't been good enough to keep you close to up to date enough on your video drivers?

You honestly think any of the nvidia driver notifications are going to tell you the other side of the coin?

(cough cough few years back woops btw our new driver cuts fan speed to 20% sorry about that...)

Guess im the other side of the fence. I don't like windows keeping my clock up to date for me. Let alone my ram being occupied by nvidia snoopware to keep me up to date on drivers and or products and or the latest deal on a kia (....dont act like that cant happen! )

REALLY?!?!

9.5 years here and periodically checking some forums hasn't been good enough to keep you close to up to date enough on your video drivers?

You honestly think any of the nvidia driver notifications are going to tell you the other side of the coin?

I actually turned off the driver notifications. I love the rest of it, though, especially ShadowPlay for catching video I wasn't expecting to want to save.

REALLY?!?!

(cough cough few years back woops btw our new driver cuts fan speed to 20% sorry about that...)

Guess im the other side of the fence. I don't like windows keeping my clock up to date for me. Let alone my ram being occupied by nvidia snoopware to keep me up to date on drivers and or products and or the latest deal on a kia (....dont act like that cant happen! )

I check forums pretty regularly as my near-16,000 post count can attest, but I don't spend my days living on them during most time periods anxiously F5'ing for the newest driver releases,. You completely skipped the "shadowplay" portion there too, but it's still nice to get the notification if I haven't seen it yet. You're over-reacting justttttt a little.

Outside of the need / want for some folks to stream gameplay....the concept of geforce experience just breeds (at the best) lazyness and at the worse ignorance about game settings.
Most people I know are afraid to let GeForce Experience manage game settings. Nvidia hasn't made it clear what enabling that functionality will actually do, so rather than use an unpredictable piece of software, it just gets ignored.

- Is it a one-time thing, or will it continually enforce the Nvidia preset in real-time?
- If I make a change after GeForce experience, will it be reset immediately to the Nvidia preset?
- If Nvidia updates the profile for a game, will it automatically update the settings or do I have to run it again?
- If it automatically rolls out updated profiles, will any settings-changes I make after the fact ONLY be blown away when that updated profile is instated?
- If I add a line to a config file myself, and then GeForce experience tries to modify the same file, will it screw up because the line-counts are now out of whack?

It's too damn ambiguous. If I simply DON'T use it, I know exactly what will happen. The settings I choose will stay exactly as I left them.

I have game profiles disabled and use GE for Shadowplay and auto-updating. If you're worried about files changing, just... don't ask it to?

From what I can see it's mostly SLI profiles and 3D Vision profiles, but I have noticed an increase in performance in a few games on my GTX 780.

Most people I know are afraid to let GeForce Experience manage game settings. Nvidia hasn't made it clear what enabling that functionality will actually do, so rather than use an unpredictable piece of software, it just gets ignored.

- Is it a one-time thing, or will it continually enforce the Nvidia preset in real-time?
- If I make a change after GeForce experience, will it be reset immediately to the Nvidia preset?
- If Nvidia updates the profile for a game, will it automatically update the settings or do I have to run it again?
- If it automatically rolls out updated profiles, will any settings-changes I make after the fact ONLY be blown away when that updated profile is instated?
- If I add a line to a config file myself, and then GeForce experience tries to modify the same file, will it screw up because the line-counts are now out of whack?

It's too damn ambiguous. If I simply DON'T use it, I know exactly what will happen. The settings I choose will stay exactly as I left them.

People are afraid of what they do not understand :D

I have geforce experience on a few of my machines, I do not use it for graphic settings on my main rig, but I do use it on my daughters computer, and sometimes on my htpc for "best graphic settings". While I like to tweek settings and things, my 11 year old daughter just wants to play games. So it works well for that.

It doesn't force settings, unless you tell it to. Even if you tell it to, and you go in and make changes, the game will keep your changes and GFE will update to show that game is not optimized per Nvidia's recommended settings.
If Nvidia updates a games recommended settings, same thing happens, it will say this game is not optimized. you can then click the button to apply the new settings.
I can't speak on how editing config files would go, as I don't do that regularly.

it's really not a horrible program (nor is it the best). I don't even look at it half the time, but I do like shadowplay, and the driver update notifications are cool to me. It doesn't auto install any drivers for me, just says a new one is available.

But to each his own. It's not a requirement for anything, so if you don't want/like it. Don't download it.

not for me.. its working perfect in all my machines..

K, thanks. must be something complicated like with pixel clock patch or something. The Beta broke PCSX2 emulation for me as well so I'm stuck on the last WHQL driver for now.

K, thanks. must be something complicated like with pixel clock patch or something. The Beta broke PCSX2 emulation for me as well so I'm stuck on the last WHQL driver for now.
Latest SVN builds of PCSX2 have a fix that. Time to update ;)

you can use shadowplay through msi afterburner, fyi. no need for geforce experience.

Back