The Chosen One
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Feb 4, 2001
- Messages
- 1,290
Hi Guys,
I have a no-brand 36" TV acting as my primary monitor. Its native resolution is 1920x1080.
I have previously used it in conjunction with my old HD4870 for about 6 months with no issue (as long as I connected it via a DVI cable not HDMI).
I have since bought a GTX670, and no matter whether I use DVI or HDMI, everything is fuzzy and crap looking (as it was on HDMI on the 4870).
From reading a few threads, I have learned that this is an issue affecting displays that have incorrect EDID information, and an abject refusal from NVIDIA to accommodate them as ATI do.
I found a thread here that explained how to override the EDID via registry. I added the following key:
OverrideEdidFlags0 7F FF 00 90 00 00 FF FF 04 00 00 00 7E 01 00 0E 0C 8D 88
("7F FF 00 90") is the 4 "digit" sequence that relates to my monitor that I got using PhoenixEDID.
Now, my problem is this:
Whilst it works perfectly on the windows desktop now, games no longer allow 1920x1080, and all seem to be thinking the native res is 1366x768 (which it is not).
I presume I have to alter the above sequence in some way to force a NATIVE res of 1080, or something like that.
Games I have this issue with (being all the ones I have tested) are:-
1. Diablo 3 (solved in a way by using windowed mode)
2. Skyrim (window mode doesn't help)
3. Game of Thrones (has no ability to create a 1920x1080 window).
All of these games worked perfectly fine in 1920x1080 Fullscreen on my 4870.
I have spent hours on this so far, and I can't seem to find any solution that will allow me to play at 1920x1080.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
I have a no-brand 36" TV acting as my primary monitor. Its native resolution is 1920x1080.
I have previously used it in conjunction with my old HD4870 for about 6 months with no issue (as long as I connected it via a DVI cable not HDMI).
I have since bought a GTX670, and no matter whether I use DVI or HDMI, everything is fuzzy and crap looking (as it was on HDMI on the 4870).
From reading a few threads, I have learned that this is an issue affecting displays that have incorrect EDID information, and an abject refusal from NVIDIA to accommodate them as ATI do.
I found a thread here that explained how to override the EDID via registry. I added the following key:
OverrideEdidFlags0 7F FF 00 90 00 00 FF FF 04 00 00 00 7E 01 00 0E 0C 8D 88
("7F FF 00 90") is the 4 "digit" sequence that relates to my monitor that I got using PhoenixEDID.
Now, my problem is this:
Whilst it works perfectly on the windows desktop now, games no longer allow 1920x1080, and all seem to be thinking the native res is 1366x768 (which it is not).
I presume I have to alter the above sequence in some way to force a NATIVE res of 1080, or something like that.
Games I have this issue with (being all the ones I have tested) are:-
1. Diablo 3 (solved in a way by using windowed mode)
2. Skyrim (window mode doesn't help)
3. Game of Thrones (has no ability to create a 1920x1080 window).
All of these games worked perfectly fine in 1920x1080 Fullscreen on my 4870.
I have spent hours on this so far, and I can't seem to find any solution that will allow me to play at 1920x1080.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,