Nvidia control panel cannot do Hot Keys ?

chong67

Gawd
I have not use Nvidia for a long time and I am back now and I find out it does not have the HotKeys like AMD Catalyst has.

Is there any help on this?

I want it to remember the audio setting also.

What a let down.

No, they don't. It doesn't bother me because the hotkeys advertised for CCC didn't work either the last few times I tried them. Better to not have it at all, then to say it is there and not have it work. This may have changed with the latest drivers, the last time I tried it was with 12.11.

The hotkeys on CCC did work for me. Did you do the setting inside CCC? Not extend/unextend the monitor in WINDOWS and save it on CCC right?

Also, the hotkey will only work on AMD video card. If you got Intel 4000 on it, it will not even see that integrated card.

I do miss the hotkey. Now I have to manually have to change the monitor and the audio setting each time I do extend monitors!

Why did I switch to Nvidia? Because AMD does not make any video card that has TWO HDMI.

Very sad all around.

I ran eyefinity with 7970's and 7950's. It didn't work for crap, I had to go in the menu on the taskbar and change it to the profiles I set in there and even then it often did not apply the settings correctly. It may have been fixed since then, but it was well known that the hotkeys didn't work for a long time.

If they were working, I can understand your frustration. But since Nvidia does not advertise having that feature and never have, why buy an Nvidia card? Did you need cuda for something?

It works fine with 13.5 beta 2. It worked for me in the 11s and then got broke somewhere around 12.2 IIRC.

I also got made fun of for wanting the Nvidia control panel to support the same. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to have to arrange my monitors and setup bezel compensation EVERY TIME i switch.

It works fine with 13.5 beta 2. It worked for me in the 11s and then got broke somewhere around 12.2 IIRC.

I also got made fun of for wanting the Nvidia control panel to support the same. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to have to arrange my monitors and setup bezel compensation EVERY TIME i switch.

I did surround and eyefinity back to back and had no issue with Nvidia settings breaking when I switched just the hassle of having to open the control panel each time, I set up surround once and it stayed the same every time I switched. Maybe it is broken now, I haven't tried it in a while. Both sides could use some improvment to make those setups easier to manage I think.

I did surround and eyefinity back to back and had no issue with Nvidia settings breaking when I switched just the hassle of having to open the control panel each time, I set up surround once and it stayed the same every time I switched. Maybe it is broken now, I haven't tried it in a while. Both sides could use some improvment to make those setups easier to manage I think.

With 314.22 on a single 680 4GB it definitely lost orientation of displays when switching from extended to surround and required bezel compensation to be re-setup every time surround was re-enabled. As of CCC 13.5 b2, I haven't had issues with the same.

The hotkeys on CCC did work for me. Did you do the setting inside CCC? Not extend/unextend the monitor in WINDOWS and save it on CCC right?

Also, the hotkey will only work on AMD video card. If you got Intel 4000 on it, it will not even see that integrated card.

I do miss the hotkey. Now I have to manually have to change the monitor and the audio setting each time I do extend monitors!

Why did I switch to Nvidia? Because AMD does not make any video card that has TWO HDMI.

Very sad all around.
So you switched video cards rather than just getting an input adapter??

Input adapter? DVI does not do audio.

I need two HDMI with audio. One goes to my HDTV and one goes to my 7.1 receiver which goes to my projector.

Zotac is the only one that makes two HDMI port video card and its Nvidia.

Also ...

I gave up on two video card because I want two HDMI and now I just use one card that has two HDMI and it only made by Zotac 650 Ti.

The reason is because I got weird problems with my Sound Properties:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1759745

Now everything is working fine because I have ONE video card with 2 HDMI BUT its a Nvidia, not a ATI which has hot keys.

Input adapter? DVI does not do audio.

I need two HDMI with audio. One goes to my HDTV and one goes to my 7.1 receiver which goes to my projector.

Zotac is the only one that makes two HDMI port video card and its Nvidia.

Actually this is incorrect, DVI can most certainly carry audio on most newer equipment. If your DVI port is HDCP compliant it will deliver audio.

WOW. I didnt know DVI can deliver audio.

OK, my > 2 yr old 7.1 Onkyo receiver is all HDMI input.

My 1 yr old HDTV is all HDMI input.

Do you mean get a DVI to HDMI converter?

I went to Nvidia forum to voice this just now.

Now Nvidia doesnt remember my HDTV to the left of my monitor. It always put to the right.

All in all, Nvidia suck! :)

WOW. I didnt know DVI can deliver audio.

OK, my > 2 yr old 7.1 Onkyo receiver is all HDMI input.

My 1 yr old HDTV is all HDMI input.

Do you mean get a DVI to HDMI converter?

Yes, but you may need to check the specs of the converter to ensure it will pass audio, some of the cheap ones won't.

I went to Nvidia forum to voice this just now.

Now Nvidia doesnt remember my HDTV to the left of my monitor. It always put to the right.

All in all, Nvidia suck! :)

I had a ton of issues with the 320.00 driver and went back to 314.22 myself.

Back