nVidia Class Action Lawsuit

Dumb***, Nvidia's drivers work, but they aren't 100% perfect. Big f**** deal you cry babies. Do you want a free Ferrari too?

Edited so a mod doesn't ban me.

From one of their forum posts:

If NVIDIA agrees to go back in time and remove all the "Vista-Ready" stickers they printed on their pretty $600 boxes, we'll stop crying.

So let me get this right? They are crying about stickers. Science help us!

Vista drivers were released on the 30th with the retail release of Vista. They may not be perfect, but they work and they ARE compatible with Vista. This entire thing is an exercise in futility. I agree that nvidia didn't handle the driver situation as well as they could have, but given that they were working with a completely new OS and a completely new hardware architecture, I'm willing to cut them some slack.

I have one critique for the site... What's their mission? There's a lot of vagueness on the homepage of the site. nVidia themselves may be vague about the release dates of the final working drivers, but at least they give us an idea of what's going on. Is this site about nVidia's driver support for Vista as a whole? Or just about the G80s? Yes, I know I can dig around and figure that out (which looks like it's about the G80 support), but... They could state it more directly.

If my assumption is wrong and it's about nVidia's general support of Vista... Then why am I a happy customer who was playing CS:S a lot last night on my 7900GS?

EDIT: Actually, I just did a bit of digging around the site. It looks like nVidia's drivers are more complete than the site is. LOL

WOW!

I love how the forums is full of nothing but hate.

That stunt is going to blow up in that guys face. Watch nVidia turn around and sue him for slander.

I was about to write some elaborate text, about how ridiculous I think this is.
But I spared myself of that and so my answer to this is simply...LOL

Stupid, stupid, and stupid.....remember, stupid is as stupid does. And this lawsuit, well, it's STUPID.

Fuckin' crybabies....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Same person who started that site must be the same person who sued McDonalds for no hot coffee warning.

Such idiots in this world.

...They would just be like, "Well ""Vista Ready"" means as per Microsoft's hardware requirements the products are vista ready. Hey, it's not like we said ""Vista Finished""! :D

Man... if you think Nvidia is bad...
-looks at Creative's X-Fi drivers
-shudders-

What about HP? They're not even writing drivers at all for half of their products! I remember when XP-64 came out they were all "Oh, yeah, all our products will be supported in the 64-bit world!" Nope. No dice. Nobody bitched about that and there are more HP consumer products out there than there are G80 cards.

Who would actually pay to put that site up? This baffles me. Drivers are out, and they work, this is completely pointless.

Again, anyone that thinks a lawsuit is worth filing over a stupid frickin' video card driver that was delayed, is ignorant. There IS a decently working driver out, and there will be better ones soon.

Get over it. It's a computer part. Not a war. Your life is not in danger.....

Dumb***, Nvidia's drivers work, but they aren't 100% perfect. Big f**** deal you cry babies. Do you want a free Ferrari too?

Edited so a mod doesn't ban me.

Meh, they are just mad because they are not [H]ard enough to handle Vista yet. Beta drivers or not.:rolleyes:

Edit: Quote; "If NVIDIA agrees to go back in time and remove all the "Vista-Ready" stickers they printed on their pretty $600 boxes, we'll stop crying." - Technically driver or not they are Vista ready. G80 GPU's are fully DX10 compliant.

Let me get this straight... Vista came out 4 days ago, and because nvidia is late only a few days with a official driver for the 8800 series for SLi they are being sued. Mind you they have working drivers which they clasify as beta (but they are working). The only thing missing at this poing in time (just 4 days after vista launch) is direct X 10 SLi which is pointless to have at the moment. So because of this they are going to be sued. I think any right minded judge will throw this case out, in less than an hour.

I'll admit I think that a WHQL Vista driver should be available in lieu of everything but a lawsuit is a bit extreme.

Im waiting for someone to sue nvidia for their DX9 games not running in DX10.

The only people that get money with a class action is the lawyers, plaintifs get a key chain

Again, anybody that sues over poor driver support...well....they need to get a fucking life! :D

If you could sue for that and be successful, Creative would have been bankrupt about 10 years ago....:eek:

This will be the 34th (or so) pretend class action against NVIDIA this year.

Must be doing something right.

Wuh?.....wait...........didn't someone mention a free Ferrari earlier:confused: ? I'm in......:D

And GilmoreD, I agree coming from an 50% HP shop, their support has been horrible, for awhile..............

Let me get this straight... Vista came out 4 days ago, and because nvidia is late only a few days with a official driver for the 8800 series for SLi they are being sued. Mind you they have working drivers which they clasify as beta (but they are working). The only thing missing at this poing in time (just 4 days after vista launch) is direct X 10 SLi which is pointless to have at the moment. So because of this they are going to be sued. I think any right minded judge will throw this case out, in less than an hour.

I'll admit I think that a WHQL Vista driver should be available in lieu of everything but a lawsuit is a bit extreme.

Vista has not been out for 4 days idiot, its been out for 2 months in the rtm form and even longer in the beta form ... nvidia customers should have their first final driver on the 30th not their first beta driver, please dont post here if youre going to act a like a retard.

I had the 6800 GT and NF3 stuttering problem. It was about a year and a half (if I remember right) before nVidia fixed it with a driver. Some people had the problem but most did not. Those that did not have the problem didn't have to deal with the total BS that the rest of us did and could not understand what we were bitching about. Ever since then I don't trust nVidia and also will not be quick to jump on someone who has a problem that I know nothing about. A class action may have helped nVidia be more accountable for what they sell and gotten out a fix faster.

This is very amusing, this guy probably doesnt even own a 8800 card, Looks like he is looking for attention, Now i would be upset if there was a game like CRYSIS out and i couldnt use SLI, Jesus new OS new Drivers everything aint gonna be perfect on Day one. .

This is stupid. Can you imagine if we tried to sue over every faulty/unstable/poor driver supported product we've came across? Whats next? Is this guy gonna start suing when game release dates get pushed back?

Back