nVidia CEO makes a comment about GPU supply

Still a fuked up price when you think about it, £902 from scan ? As I saw some cards on there earlier tonight. for years top of the line video cards ranged from 4-600ish, and then came titan. It’s not that I cant afford them. its that I refuse to give them £1000 for a vid card. I have played this game for years and I just refuse to play it at these prices, probably because I do not game as much, but even if I did, I would rather spend £1000 on crack, atleast that way my balls will tingle.

I didn't buy from Scan at £949.99 I by it from Novatech, also Aria.co.uk was selling it for £870. 79 but sold out, and LambdaTek price was £792.2 but sold out again I understand your feeling the GTX1080ti came out in the UK, April 13th 2017 so only a year and 25 days today I also didn't want to pay the extra money but I have been without a graphic card, for near four months waiting for the price to drop to use my 4K PC that I built last year so I had to use my old laptop with a 1080p screen eek!!.:eek:

The Third party sellers are still sale them for £1,050 on EBay UK brand new some are Pre-owned at - £699.00 also Amazon Third party £969.00 But I just found out that jrlinton.co.uk £1,270.18 also the GTX1080ti WaterForce is £1,419.49 just a joke ripping customers off:mad:. So I apologize to you over the price on this one;)

Last edited:
I didn't buy from Scan at £949.99 I by it from Novatech, also Aria.co.uk was selling it for £870. 79 but sold out, and LambdaTek price was £792.2 but sold out again I understand your feeling the GTX1080ti came out in the UK, April 13th 2017 so only a year and 25 days today I also didn't want to pay the extra money but I have been without a graphic card, for near four months waiting for the price to drop to use my 4K PC that I built last year so I had to use my old laptop with a 1080p screen eek!!.:eek:

The Third party sellers are still sale them for £1,050 on EBay UK brand new some are Pre-owned at - £699.00 also Amazon Third party £969.00 But I just found out that jrlinton.co.uk £1,270.18 also the GTX1080ti WaterForce is £1,419.49 just a joke ripping customers off:mad:. So I apologize to you over the price on this one;)

No need to apologise.

Everyone has their own priorities, I for example get raped when buying dac/amps, so I cannot fault you for buying a video card, especially since you have a 4k setup which needs high end video cards.

It just shit that everyone is taking advantage of the situation.

It’s cool, we can blame it all on California, dont ask me why.

bla bla bla bla ... reminds me of when I worked at HP and they kept telling me they'll "take care of me" when review time rolled around next year
With that attitude i can only imagine that you got shit canned due to a plethora of reasons. Many manufacturers like HP, Nvidia, Dell etc DO NOT control production manufacturing if the majority of their parts/components come from third parties.

Lets take HP for example:

They don't make mobos, gpus, cpus, ssds, etc. So if there is a shortage in the components that make up these devices, you CAN'T just ramp up production. Unless you buy up the mines themselves and mine the raw materials and purchase all the subsequent companies that are part of the fabrication process. I would hope that this is common knowledge of any one with even the slightest understanding of technology.

No need to apologise.

Everyone has their own priorities, I for example get raped when buying dac/amps, so I cannot fault you for buying a video card, especially since you have a 4k setup which needs high end video cards.

It just shit that everyone is taking advantage of the situation.

It’s cool, we can blame it all on California, dont ask me why.

The world have gone money mad:rage:, I can see why people don't want to buy a graphic card at £1,270 at these prices when you can an Xbox one X, also Playstation 4 pro and save the extra cash for games, or you can buy a budget computer, anyway I built my 4k PC in April 2017 then December lost my GTX1080ti then my Acer XB321HK both to faults in just 9 months, is was the first time for me lucky;)

I read this part online
"Nvidia and AMD said they were putting gamers first, they don’t seem to have qualms about other industries buying up large stocks of cards. While certain retailer purchase limits might stall individuals gaming the system, that doesn’t stop companies who buy directly from the manufacturers or add-in-board partners". So why don't Nvidia and AMD put an end to it? And limit the cards after all they said they put gamers first Right? it just another Nvidia and AMD 'BS' slowing the market to earn more money for themselves and the miners:mad: IMO:)

While the selfish side of me agrees with the sentiment that graphics cards are getting stupidly expensive, has anyone looked at DDR4 and mobile SOC prices? Global demand for phones is driving up production of all mobile parts and fab capacity is mostly bought up by those making mobile parts. Who's got capacity for GPU parts?

Nobody seems up in arms in the recent launch prices of the latest phones?

Nvidia can go pound sand. This entire GPU shortage, and now GPP crap. I was fixin to buy a 1080ti, but now I''m so pissed off at the whole situation. This lunacy is beyond comprehension.

Makes me not even want to build a new PC, and just go play golf, work on my car, etc.

You mean, like...OUTSIDE?!

But there's bears out there!

With that attitude i can only imagine that you got shit canned due to a plethora of reasons.

ummm, you're imagination is off by about 180 degrees and no, I don't care to provide you the details.

This x1000. All this nonsense is really just making me change my life. At this point I wonder if I really want to keep gaming. And if I do, It will probably be old games that don't even need the latest and greatest.

Even new games don't need the latest and greatest unless the only way you play is by moving all the sliders to the right. Every so often I'll slap together an older build for fun from parts left behind from upgrades or acquired through work and most of the time I'm surprised at how well they run.

With the impact of the Smeltdown patches, and the fact that X99 is EOL, I would never consider buying an X99 platform at this time unless you knew for sure the Mobo maker had already issued a bios update for the fixes. I guess if you were getting it dirt cheap and planning on grabbing a many core used Xeon 4-6 years from now then I could see the appeal, but with all the deals on Ryzen stuff there is no way I would consider X99 at this time. You can grab a 1700/x and decent X370 Mobo dirt cheap on eBay.

Considering this motherboard does have up to 18 core Xeon and 10 core Core i7 Extreme support, that was exactly the angle I was approaching. 6c/12t is plenty for now, and I have room to grow from there - much more so than any platform I have bought into before. And yeah, I think I got a really good deal on it lol...

With my browsing habits and general usage, I don't forsee Spectre and Meltdown being an issue. I could be wrong, but it is not a major concern of mine right this second.

Well... According to wccftech Advanced Micro has a working 7nm GPU sample and it's supposedly going to be an absolute monster.

Not my words... theirs (grain of salt)

It's too bad that so many people trying to get into computers are running into problems because of this.

ummm, you're imagination is off by about 180 degrees and no, I don't care to provide you the details.

But this is the internet, so it's not like we'd have a reason to believe your side anyway. You don't scream "I AM FUCKING REASONABLE WTF MATE," and expect people to take you seriously :D

You can keep bitching about how Nvidia and HP are out to ruin your life, and no one will care. Because those companies have just as many assholes they have to do business with on a daily basis, your bitching is lost in the noise.

Once you come to terms with the fact that you are not special, you'll be a much happier person. Making cutting-edge GPUs two years before AMD does is an expensive practice, and with each generation the fab orders get more expensive, and they take longer to build.

Last edited:
I mean, it's not NVIDIA's fault there was a huge surge in demand. They can't just double their production fabs as needed. Especially when you know demand will relax again.

Strangely enough all my laptops use nvidia quadro chips that game at 720p fine and I have a dual socket workstation with quad rx480s collecting dust as it puts out too much heat. The little bit of gaming I do anymore is on a laptop or on my ps4 pro that is covered in dust. So at this point I think I finally have hit the adult part where I don't have time to game so gpus aren't a big driver anymore for my purchases.

Strangely enough all my laptops use nvidia quadro chips that game at 720p fine and I have a dual socket workstation with quad rx480s collecting dust as it puts out too much heat. The little bit of gaming I do anymore is on a laptop or on my ps4 pro that is covered in dust. So at this point I think I finally have hit the adult part where I don't have time to game so gpus aren't a big driver anymore for my purchases.

Has nothing to do with being an adult. Sucks for you though that you got no time for a hobby.

I paid a premium price to keep gaming on next gen GPU so no complaints from me.

I have been workng and not paying too much attention. My kid gave me the heads up that COD was freezing on my rig, My GTX 1080TI was locking up as soon as it hit 65c. Tested everything, its the card and it went back yesterday. Will i see a replacement this decade?

Back