NVIDIA CEO GTC 2014 keynote *LIVE* March 25th, 9:00 AM

Yes! Maxwell 800-series news, or gtfo!

New code-name or disappoint. This is the conference we usually get the yearly codename right?

Einstein seems to have vanished with Volta's announcement.

Erm, is this true? Maxwell preview? Did nvidia mention this anywhere in their blogs? I didnt' see mention of this on their website.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome if true. Can not wait if so. Too bad i'll be at work all day long so I can't view it, but I cant' wait to hear what comes of it. ;)

It's a moderator for a mid-tier review site posting that, so I'd say it's probably accurate. We'll see :)... I'll be following it live and am interested in seeing what comes of it myself!

So how likely are we to see some sales on the 770 or 780 as a result of the announcement tomorrow?

So how likely are we to see some sales on the 770 or 780 as a result of the announcement tomorrow?

You missed Newegg's amazing shellshocker today? $10 off MSRP *and* $10 MIR on the EVGA 780Ti SC! :p

Holy balls. I only paid 800 bucks more for my car... 2 years ago.

They are trying to aim it at the gaming market, that makes it a gaming card, too much money for a gaming card when a 400-500dll card will play anything at 1600p, not even gonna talk 4k since that's far from mainstream yet

Well, nvidia was advertising the titan z's compute abilities. I'm sure people will post endless "LOL 3k overpriced blah" posts.

Wouldn't surprise me if they release a nerfed version for gaming.

Well, nvidia was advertising the titan z's compute abilities. I'm sure people will post endless "LOL 3k overpriced blah" posts.

I didn't see gaming during that announcement either.
Even the UE4 demo was a real time simulation.

Nvidia can make a $5000 Titan and certain gamers they still feel as though it should have been something they could game with. Silly.

I'm more interested in the $192 Tegra K1 development board myself. It certainly isn't going to be the cheapest way to get a K1 machine, but $192 isn't really all that bad, in my mind.

a 1600-1800$ GTX 790 maybe?. dual 780TIs =).. :confused:

So that happened. No real Maxwell news and you wait til the end to talk about a dead platform (Shield) and Portal? Someones either a serious troll or Maxwell is not coming for a long time.

So that happened. No real Maxwell news and you wait til the end to talk about a dead platform (Shield) and Portal? Someones either a serious troll or Maxwell is not coming for a long time.
Exactly my thoughts.

I was hoping to see more Maxwell news as well, and not another Titan model that'll probably be no more than 5% to 10% faster than Titan Black, or the silly thought we could overclock the Tegra inside a self-driving car.

I had that gut feeling it would happen when they announced the Titan Z or whatever. The price and the cores didn't add up with rumors about high-end 20nm Maxwell core counts might be (4-5K+ range). I imagine they'll catch some flak from journalist who came expecting something more in the coming days.

Not even a next-next-gen codename to satisfy curiosity.

one interesting thing i did notice

under Maxwell as a feature there was DX 12

yet nvidia said GPUs from Fermi upwards will support it ?

Maxwell may be the only architecture to support feature level 12_0. Dunno yet. Everything from Fermi to date will support DX12 (the core API).

I am more shocked at the cancelled projects that they never mentioned why.

Denver, Volta got cancelled I guess?......Was Really looking forward to Project Denver they kept talking about.

Really Odd. Although I guess after the Shield debacle it's understandable.

I am more shocked at the cancelled projects that they never mentioned why.

Denver, Volta got cancelled I guess?......Was Really looking forward to Project Denver they kept talking about.

Really Odd. Although I guess after the Shield debacle it's understandable.

Project Denver was always Maxwell and that's still on track. Whether or not there will be a Little Maxwell (800 Series) and Big Maxwell (900 Series) is still up in the air. Maxwell could just be one generation entirely. Project Denver starts with Maxwell, it doesn't just end there though. Every generation after that is a continuation.

According to Anandtech, PCPer, and a few other sources, Volta is still on the roadmap just pushed out. Which doesn't really make sense because half of Maxwell's features and all of Volta's known features have become Pascal. Then there's the question about Einstein which many have forgot about entirely as to whether or not it's still alive or dead.

Nvidia's playing the rotating codename game. As far as I'm concerned there is only Maxwell (2014) and a renamed Volta > Pascal (2016). Anything past that is bullshit on their part.

Project Denver was always Maxwell and that's still on track. Whether or not there will be a Little Maxwell (800 Series) and Big Maxwell (900 Series) is still up in the air. Maxwell could just be one generation entirely. Project Denver starts with Maxwell, it doesn't just end there though. Every generation after that is a continuation.

According to Anandtech, PCPer, and a few other sources, Volta is still on the roadmap just pushed out. Which doesn't really make sense because half of Maxwell's features and all of Volta's known features have become Pascal. Then there's the question about Einstein which many have forgot about entirely as to whether or not it's still alive or dead.

Nvidia's playing the rotating codename game. As far as I'm concerned there is only Maxwell (2014) and a renamed Volta > Pascal (2016). Anything past that is bullshit on their part.

Uhhh Project Denver is the tablet/phone proc/gpu product. Maxwell is for the GPU only. Unless I am confused about something, Maxwell and Denver are on 2 totally different roadmaps.

Ok I am wrong, but the Denver CPU/Maxwell GPU is now off of Nvidias roadmap....WTF happened?

Just want to add, why the fuck show Denver working silicon, talk about Denver Denver Denver at CES, and now at GTC. Show no working silicon, don't even have it on the roadmap, and don't even mention it?

I mean I was looking forward to what Denver could do....I might of been quite skeptical on the Power Req.

Anyway something is up at Nvidia.

Back