Nvidia cancels GPP

staknhalo

Supreme [H]ardness
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/

A lot has been said recently about our GeForce Partner Program. The rumors, conjecture and mistruths go far beyond its intent. Rather than battling misinformation, we have decided to cancel the program.

GPP had a simple goal – ensuring that gamers know what they are buying and can make a clear choice.

NVIDIA creates cutting-edge technologies for gamers. We have dedicated our lives to it. We do our work at a crazy intense level – investing billions to invent the future and ensure that amazing NVIDIA tech keeps coming. We do this work because we know gamers love it and appreciate it. Gamers want the best GPU tech. GPP was about making sure gamers who want NVIDIA tech get NVIDIA tech.

With GPP, we asked our partners to brand their products in a way that would be crystal clear. The choice of GPU greatly defines a gaming platform. So, the GPU brand should be clearly transparent – no substitute GPUs hidden behind a pile of techno-jargon.

Most partners agreed. They own their brands and GPP didn’t change that. They decide how they want to convey their product promise to gamers. Still, today we are pulling the plug on GPP to avoid any distraction from the super exciting work we’re doing to bring amazing advances to PC gaming.

This is a great time to be a GeForce partner and be part of the fastest growing gaming platform in the world. The GeForce gaming platform is rich with the most advanced technology. And with GeForce Experience, it is “the way it’s meant to be played.”

download.jpg

Cancel it now that it has already affected partners' branding and win on both fronts!

To be renamed and reinstated without public notice in 5, 4, 3...

Taste the well cooked crow. Absorb it into your soul.

I laugh at your lies.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
With GPP, we asked our partners to brand their products in a way that would be crystal clear. The choice of GPU greatly defines a gaming platform. So, the GPU brand should be clearly transparent – no substitute GPUs hidden behind a pile of techno-jargon.

Because only idiots can't tell the difference between a Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 and a Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX Vega.

Most partners agreed (buckled under the pressure).

They own their brands and GPP didn’t change that.

Wow.... this is hubris at a level I haven't seen.

Well done Kyle and the manufacturers who didn't let themselves be bullied by that blatant abuse of market position. It has restored some hope in me that ethics and probity still is alive, flickering, despite the almost overwhelming influence of "money-at-all-costs" mentality exhibited by many large companies.

It has restored some hope in me that ethics and probity still is alive, flickering, despite the almost overwhelming influence of "money-at-all-costs" mentality exhibited by many large companies.

All it means is that nVidia realized that the couldn't use enough perfume to cover up their bullshit and decided to withdraw the GPP, for now. I'm sure that they'll attempt to re-introduce it when they think they can get away with it.

Good news and i'm sure this helps Kyle a lot; it's easy having randoms patting your virtual back, but the man has a show to run and i'm sure it must have been.. awkward at times, been the 'one guy' that brought this to light. So i'm glad for him :)

Now leaving internet/social media/impressions aside, i remain my typical cynical self; until i see Arez, Phantom, etc. going the way of the dodo, not much to rejoice about. Not yet.
Killing a contract is one thing, killing the practice? Quite another.

Back