Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

I am wondering yesterday they came into stock the computer system registered it for 5 min and then they took it down to resell it today at a outrageous price. I was able to use nowinstock.net and sneak in 2x MSI gamings for 579.00 ea free 2 day shop runner.
no tax is great hehe

on top of that my newegg business account i had a 75 off 750.00 or more however the dam coupon code did not work and they sent it to me that day. I got on chat boom a 40.00 dollar gift card heheh.

Oddly enough, the Strix is back to $349 and the G1 is still at $429. Someone is screwing with pricing over at the Egg right now.

Oddly enough, the Strix is back to $349 and the G1 is still at $429. Someone is screwing with pricing over at the Egg right now.

Some dork is on a computer looking at sales and orders in real time with some sort of software probably like playing wall street

lets see how many people will bite at a 409.00 strix or 649.00 MSI card.

I cannot believe 14.99 to ship one card lol
MSI 980

update

MSI gaming 980 out of stock now lol

and MSI 970

Part of me wonders if Newegg is upping the price to help alleviate the stock situation, and make a quick buck while at it. Of course the hard part is pricing it just right so you don't outright kill the price/performance ratio.

Part of me wonders if Newegg is upping the price to help alleviate the stock situation, and make a quick buck while at it.

I am more concerned with other retailers viewing this and thinking they should jump in on that action.

Last edited:
Part of me wonders if Newegg is upping the price to help alleviate the stock situation, and make a quick buck while at it. Of course the hard part is pricing it just right so you don't outright kill the price/performance ratio.

i have a feeling also that they realized that this was going to be used. So they decided to raise the price

Link to Promo [newegg.com]

Take 5% off your entire order with promo code: NAF140671

*Promo Code valid until October 21, 2014, 11:59PM PDT or when funds are exhausted. This code may not be redeemed for cash or credited into your account for future use. Offer limited to one per customer and may only be used once per account; cannot be combined with other promo codes, combo discounts, promotions offering free gifts, pre-order items, refurbished items, open box items, items sold by Newegg Marketplace Sellers, and purchases of gift cards

G1 Gaming in stock 980 629.99

Use 5% cash back credit card and 5% off coupon
you can get this card for 574.00

I was wondering if the $550 intro price would wander back up to $650 ... well now I know!

All those links are to the .ca Newegg site. The US site still has all the prices normal. I just ordered two GBT G1 Gaming 970 cards for $369.99 each and saved $37 with the promo code.

rofl didn't even notice it linked to Newegg Canada

Exchange rate aside, things are generaly more expensive up north

rofl didn't even notice it linked to Newegg Canada

Exchange rate aside, things are generaly more expensive up north

Not always...

I purchased an EVGA 970 ACX 2.0 Superclocked for CAD$349.99 (US$311.86) + taxes delivered from Amazon.ca a couple of days ago.

... I just have to wait for 3 weeks for delivery!

DId anyone catch that the MSI gaming only supports 1 (Dual-link DVI-I)
Max Resolution: 2048x1536 @60 Hz.

can anyone explain if 2560x1440 would be an issue?????

doesnt make sense .

i called tech support and they are like basically we used cheap components and our DVI port will not support the bandwidth which should be up to 2560x1600
and everyone is moving to 4k
wow what a joke of a company
crazy

Well dang. I didn't notice that. Just about to order a QNIX 2710 to play with. Crap.

After 4 hours of my time today i finally figured out through a verified owner and Newegg Tech support that 1 (Dual-link DVI-I)Max Resolution: 2048x1536 @60 Hz which is stated on MSI website is for Analog VGA when the adapter is in use. Other than that MSI tech support in the USA is worthless and so is their sales department when it comes the specifications of DVI on this card. So no need to worry your monitor can be used up to 2560x1600 res . I own a Korean monitor as well DS270 Yamakasi . Stupid for MSI to publish this on their website as all previous generation cards state 2560x1600 max on dvi

What is funny some tech guy told me they were phasing out DVI and we only certified this card for this res. Another tech tells me they need to call tawain HQ. Really Really

not impressed with this company when it comes to customer support. Finally Newegg explained to me which i kinda had a feeling that this was an analog res . But why put this on your website?
Anyway if you ordered from newegg they have a replacement only policy on this video card so once you open it your screwed no refunds.
Also i just called CS newegg and they have 300 Asus strix 970 cards in stock. I was almost about to jump ship and i am glad i didnt. Even though i own a asus mobo i think the MSI GTX 980 Gaming card is clearly better for overclocking , size of card, and cooling.

Just bought the Asus Strix 970. :D

It will replace my recently out-of-warranty dead 7970 reference.

Only if Msi could deliver . I got so lucky ordering the other day. Nowin stock.net works. Sold out in less than 5 min Msi gaming gtx 980

With this kind of shortage I might actually be able to sell these at a fair price instead of the lowballs I always get. Would definitely help ease the pain that is 2x Titan X/980 Ti/whatever the first GM200 will be called.

not really

Actually, the Newegg listing for the Strix says "Not available, see similar items.." right now, but still allows me to add it to the shopping cart.

Me thinks they didn't actually sell all 400 yet.

They were in stock when the link was posted but went out of stock a couple minutes later and now appear to be back in stock. lol

More than likely, people had them "purchased" and removed from inventory, then their payment did not go through for whatever reasons and they got returned to inventory.

Actually, the Newegg listing for the Strix says "Not available, see similar items.." right now, but still allows me to add it to the shopping cart.

Me thinks they didn't actually sell all 400 yet.

If you haven't refreshed the page properly you can get a mixture like this. I saw this exact thing this morning, but once I refreshed the page it is now showing not available and also out of stock/unable to add to cart. Even if you are going to the page for the first time daily, I recommend completely refreshing it so that you are certain you're not getting cached data.

So apparently they did sell them all. :)

Back