Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

I have to admit. Even though I'm frustrated that I can't get a Strix 970, I'm hopeful that with the hardware sales from this release will wake up developers on the need to cater to the PC crowd.

Starting to see alot more at Microcenter. One near me in Fairfax has a bunch right now. Also has the Asus ROG monitor everyone wants.

Bit frustrated. I have my eyes set on the MSI GTX 970 Gaming and every time, every where I look, it's out of stock. Nvidia really dropped the ball on their production and sales estimates.

Seems like every once in a while EVGA, Gigabyte and Zotac cards appear on amazon. Pretty hard to find a Strix and a Gaming cards for their actual MSRP. :(

Go call direction. Those people have no ediqutte when it come to talking on the phone, or customer service . They are joke. I hung up on them

Call them up they have 10 msi cards rofl

Waiting for my Strix 970 for a month now. All put together and tested.

Last edited:
Microcenter st davids had. A few msi 970 2 evga 980 1 pny 970 1 hour ago website said none but they have them just got a msi 970

Microcenter st davids had. A few msi 970 2 evga 980 1 pny 970 1 hour ago website said none but they have them just got a msi 970

How close to internet pricing are they? There are a few shops hoarding and charging $100 more.

Bit frustrated. I have my eyes set on the MSI GTX 970 Gaming and every time, every where I look, it's out of stock. Nvidia really dropped the ball on their production and sales estimates.

I have to admit. Even though I'm frustrated that I can't get a Strix 970, I'm hopeful that with the hardware sales from this release will wake up developers on the need to cater to the PC crowd.

Seems like every once in a while EVGA, Gigabyte and Zotac cards appear on amazon. Pretty hard to find a Strix and a Gaming cards for their actual MSRP. :(

People seriously...

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx970/

Sign up for text alerts on the cards you want. The only reason you aren't able to get the 970s you want is because you aren't using the same tool everyone else is using to get the cards.

Just ordered an EVGA 970 SSC. From newegg. Hopefully no issues with it. Then I'll make someone a good deal on a used r9 290.
Have wanted to try nvidia for a while now.

Go call direction. Those people have no ediqutte when it come to talking on the phone, or customer service . They are joke. I hung up on them

Call them up they have 10 msi cards rofl

Seems like they can be hit or miss but I personally had a good experience with them.

People seriously...

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx970/

Sign up for text alerts on the cards you want. The only reason you aren't able to get the 970s you want is because you aren't using the same tool everyone else is using to get the cards.

Or just keep checking Directron since it doesn't appear to be on their radar and most people on here seem hesitant to shop with them. That's how I grabbed my Gigabyte 970s.

I checked nowinstock.net and ordered two evga gtx970ssc from NewEgg after cancelling my pre order for two Asus strix gtx970 from Amazon. It's amazing, when they have them in stock they allow 5 per person. No wonder they vanish the way they do.

I checked nowinstock.net and ordered two evga gtx970ssc from NewEgg after cancelling my pre order for two Asus strix gtx970 from Amazon. It's amazing, when they have them in stock they allow 5 per person. No wonder they vanish the way they do.

Some of the cards are limit 2.

All i have to say is the sticker on the msi g4 970 scared the shit outa me taking it off wtf man really.

I was very careful taking both of mine off while putting pressure on the fan blades and the center of the fans. As a result, I did not appear to have any fan-related issues. I just could not get past the cheap feel of the fan housing and the lack of a backplate.

Hmmm.... is it just me, or is the model selection shrinking at NewEgg? I could have sworn that at one point, NewEgg has over 11 different models of the 980 listed. Now, I see only seven models, with only two having the reference design.

Hmmm.... is it just me, or is the model selection shrinking at NewEgg? I could have sworn that at one point, NewEgg has over 11 different models of the 980 listed. Now, I see only seven models, with only two having the reference design.

Iirc, Newegg had exactly 23 different models of the 900-series during the past few weeks.

There are now only 18 models. So 4 have disappeared, for some reason.

The EVGA 980 reference and 980 SC reference are 2 of the 4 that are missing.

EDIT: Wtf.. wasn't the EVGA 980 SC reference going for $559 at launch?? Evga.com now has it listed for $619 (oos, of course). Yup..

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
sometimes i am wondering if all the resellers are buying up stock just to resell on amazon

i am pretty sure they do this

Amazon should not even let those price gouging crooks on there in the first place.

They have a limit on how many you can buy per account, however if you have multiple accounts and 5k to spend to buy 20-30 cards mark it up at a 40.00 profit
about 1k bucks easy

Blame the people who are desperate/stupid enough to buy a card at 130% MSRP.

Also, this is why I can't wait for GM200/Titan X to hit the market. I bet 2 paychecks few would rush out to buy 2 $1000 cards, which means not having to deal with OOS and price gouging bullshit.

Today i was able to snag 2x GTX 980 MSI gaming from newegg. 1096.00 bucks (5% cash back) 2 day shipping free

They sold out within 5 min

hope i am not getting someones return lol

Last edited:
Today i was able to snag 2x GTX 980 MSI gaming from newegg.

They sold out within 5 min

hope i am not getting someones return lol

Good luck with them. I had a couple of 970s that ran great but I couldn't get over the crappiness of the fan assembly.

Fans operate differently on 980 ver

I will keep you posted though. I have a feeling they will be fine .

I have already been charged on my credit card for my new system. They are still waiting on my strix. WTF is the hold up????

I own the 980 and I have no issues with fans, what kind of problem you had with the 970?

No problems. I just didn't care for the way the entire front feels flimsy, being plastic instead of metal, and not attached very securely.

Nobody is forced to buy at those prices.

Indeed, and I always chuckle a bit when I see the prices, in addition to ridiculous comments like "Limited stock, buy while it lasts! No cancellation or returns accepted once ordered"

And I'm just like bitch please who the fuck do you think you are, and how desperate/dumb do you think I am?

How so? I thought the 970 and 980 MSI had the same fan mechanisms.

They do however the software that controls the fan to cool the GPU and i believe the vram are independently controlled. One fan will turn on and vice versa to cool each part of the card The 970 operates slightly differently that is why more reports are coming from 970 owners with coil whine .

Back