Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

NP! I am sticking with the Asus also... looks like a sweet little card. I hope they ship today.. we're on that cusp where it should if they move quickly. :)

Looks like my cards shipped. Hope yours went out as well. Man work is going to go sloooowwww tomorrow

Asus 970 STRIX in stock at newegg

I have been refreshing the GTX 970 page on Newegg since yesterday hoping for the Asus to show up as in stock, and what do you know this afternoon around 3PM CST they started showing up. And the best part is the card is eligible for the VISACHECKOUT promo code which knocks another $20 off the price! I used that extra $20 to pay for overnight shipping, cause..... the weekend. :D

Huge fan of the Asus cards ever since I got the GTX 660 DirectCU II. Just a good solidly built board and cooler.

Looks like my cards shipped. Hope yours went out as well. Man work is going to go sloooowwww tomorrow

Yup... mine shipped too. I am off tomorrow day - but have to work a night maintenance at midnight. I know, right? on a Friday night. ugh. but I should get to play beforehand. :)

^^ That Asus card is my next up if I don't end up liking the Zotac Omega. It was my first choice but I was too impatient to wait, though the Zotac looks like it should keep things cool and quiet.

^^ That Asus card is my next up if I don't end up liking the Zotac Omega. It was my first choice but I was too impatient to wait, though the Zotac looks like it should keep things cool and quiet.

The Zotac Omega and Extreme cards look fantastic, and I love my current GTX 770 AMP! edition card... but I think they went a little high on the pricing. That $379 price for the Omega should be $349 to compete with the Asus STRIX card. And don't even get me started on the Extreme version... lol

Agreed. I would have felt better at $349 or maybe $359. Course if I could have used the visa checkout discount that would have been fine too. Bastards.

Man what a rollercoaster ride this is. I hope by years end when I want a second 970 stock issues will be put to rest. For the rest..

May your shipping be swift and cards arrive unscathed.

What's the word on ZOTAC's QC? Never purchased from them and I'm getting tired of waiting for Asus to restock retailers.

The Zotac Omega and Extreme cards look fantastic, and I love my current GTX 770 AMP! edition card... but I think they went a little high on the pricing. That $379 price for the Omega should be $349 to compete with the Asus STRIX card. And don't even get me started on the Extreme version... lol

I think they are justified to charge a bit more due to the USB connector and cable which allow for additional monitoring and tweaks when used with the FireStorm overclocking utility. This additional custom stuff on the circuit board and development of the software is not free, and nobody else offers them.

What's the word on ZOTAC's QC? Never purchased from them and I'm getting tired of waiting for Asus to restock retailers.

I'm about to find out. My card should be here any minute. :-D

There is a discussion about Zotac here. Consensus seems to be that CS and quality on upmarket SKUs is good. Contrary to that discussion, however, Zotac has no relation to Sapphire. Zotac is a part of PC Partner Group Ltd., a Chinese finance group which also owns the inno3D and Manli brands.

Last edited:
My ASUS 980, ordered from Amazon on Wednesday, shipped today :)

Wasn't expecting that as when I placed the order it was listed as "in stock but may require an extra 1-2 days of processing time". Expected it sometime next week at the earliest, but with next day shipping it should be here tomorrow.

And TigerDirect has still not officially cancelled my original order from last week. It's still listed as "transmitted to third party warehouse".

TD sent out this email 5 business days after the order was placed...:confused:
They should change their name to Tiger Indirect.

Dear ,

In regard to your recent order: , due to an unusually large demand, we are temporarily out of stock on the (EVGA EVG-102595182). Additional quantities have been ordered. However, our supplier has informed us that it might not be until October 18th before we have inventory. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in our warehouse and we will send you the usual shipping confirmation email once it ships.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay. Rest assured we are making every effort to speed up your order.

If you would like to continue to wait for the item until it becomes available, you need to take no action at this point.

We hope you don’t, but should you choose to cancel your order instead, click the “Cancel My Order" link below. We’ll send you a confirmation e-mail after cancellation.

Click this link to Cancel My Order

Regards,

TigerDirect.com Customer Care

TD pulled that same shit the last time I remember a thread like this being created for the GTX 680.

Dear ,

In regard to your recent order: , due to an unusually large demand, we are temporarily out of stock on the (EVGA EVG-102595182)....

Just got the same email. Only took them a week to realize. Wow.

There is a discussion about Zotac here. Consensus seems to be that CS and quality on upmarket SKUs is good. Contrary to that discussion, however, Zotac has no relation to Sapphire. Zotac is a part of PC Partner Group Ltd., a Korean finance group which also owns the inno3D and Manli brands.

You sure they're Korean? I always thought they were Hong Kong

I was able to reserve 2 MSI GTX 980, the one with the aftermarket coolers at my local microcenter, anyone interested in one let me know. Not trying to make a buck off them just trying to help out anyone in need of a card.

TD pulled that same shit the last time I remember a thread like this being created for the GTX 680.

No one should post about TD's stock when a hot new item comes out from now on.
They are wasting our time.:mad:

Just got the same email. Only took them a week to realize. Wow.

Tigerdirect is a shit show when it comes to knowing what they actually have in stock. I constantly hear stories (and have experienced it myself) of them just being wildly wrong on what is/isn't in stock.

My ASUS 980, ordered from Amazon on Wednesday, shipped today :)

Wasn't expecting that as when I placed the order it was listed as "in stock but may require an extra 1-2 days of processing time". Expected it sometime next week at the earliest, but with next day shipping it should be here tomorrow.

And TigerDirect has still not officially cancelled my original order from last week. It's still listed as "transmitted to third party warehouse".
I ordered mine right after you did but mine still says:

Preparing for Shipment
Delivery estimate: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 by 8pm

I ordered mine right after you did but mine still says:

Preparing for Shipment
Delivery estimate: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 by 8pm

My order was estimated for 10/7 as well until late last night when the status changed to "Shipping Now".

Hopefully yours comes through soon.

Dear ,

In regard to your recent order: , due to an unusually large demand, we are temporarily out of stock on the (EVGA EVG-102595182). Additional quantities have been ordered. However, our supplier has informed us that it might not be until October 18th before we have inventory. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in our warehouse and we will send you the usual shipping confirmation email once it ships.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay. Rest assured we are making every effort to speed up your order.

If you would like to continue to wait for the item until it becomes available, you need to take no action at this point.

We hope you don’t, but should you choose to cancel your order instead, click the “Cancel My Order" link below. We’ll send you a confirmation e-mail after cancellation.

Click this link to Cancel My Order

Regards,

TigerDirect.com Customer Care

Tiger Direct pulls this shit all the time with hot items.
They will confirm stock when you place the order, then 5 minutes later send you an email stating no stock.
I quit using them due to this.

They will confirm stock when you place the order, then 5 minutes later send you an email stating no stock.

5 minutes would've been okay, but they issued this email 5 business days later.

What is the deal with nowinstock.com? It keeps saying stuff is in stock and its wrong.

Honestly I would rather pay a bit more from Newegg and actually get it shipped the same day then deal with TD and their shenanigans.

Hate tigerdirect. Ordered a stick of ram September 1st with some Bitcoin I had left. Was supposed to ship in 48hrs. Didn't ship for 3 weeks until I canceled. I'm going to receive a gift card sometime next week as a refund. What a nightmare, thankfully it wasn't for much but still. Their CS is run by oblivious morons as well

Seems that cards are being restocked. But... according to simple laws of supply and demand, prices went up from 10 to 20 euro for most sought cards. So, few more weeks till prices settle, demand is satisfied and market is back to normal.

Also new batches of cards will appear with bugs fixed. And hopefully no more problems like the 970 Gaming from MSI, where it seems not only a sticker, but faulty fans or undervolted BIOS on first batches of cards - https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=183618.150

Directron has Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming in stock. No tax for CA residents, plus 10% off if you're a first time buyer!

Go go go before stock is cleaned out!

I would not recommend buying from Directron. I placed an order last Saturday for a Zotac 980 that was listed in stock. Turns out it was not in stock, and it took about 3 days before Directron fessed up to that fact and I cancelled. Nowinstock let me know that Amazon had the same card in stock on Wednesday, ordered it and it shipped the next day and should be here Monday.

Yeah I read that Directron might be pulling TigerDirect-esque shenanigans. But the thing is, I'm not in a rush to get these cards, and in fact my main goal is to get 2x Gigabyte 970s for as cheap as possible. With Directron I avoid the 9.25% CA tax ($70 discount), and on top of that since I'm a first time customer I get an additional 10% off, so total including shipping + double boxing comes out to $688.

Whereas with Amazon it would come ou to $808 even with free shipping. That's $120 saved, and just too good of a deal to pass up for maybe waiting an extra week.

EDIT: For full disclosure the order status changed to "Call Us" but I never received an email update. Had to call in twice; first time someone told me a manager would call back in 15 minutes, waited an hour but nothing happened. So called in again and this time I spoke to someone who appeared to know what they were doing, he made me verify my address and phone, then told me the 10% discount will be processed right away.

EDIT 2: Aaaand just got an email from Paypal saying Directron gave a partial refund of 10%. Seems to be working out so far. :) (knock on wood)

Last edited:
Back