Nvidia 780Ti to come in 12GB version

Still waiting to see how the 780ti compares to 290x at the Eyefinity and 4k resolutions, since that's where the 290x had the greatest leads. Will the upped memory bandwidth from the increased speed catch it up?
I am guessing the extra ROPs on the 290 and 290x will help even though the memory bandwidth is a little lower.

89% fan speed? that's ridiculously loud. they even said in the crossfire review that 65-70% was headache inducing. I think some of you just must be oblivious to loud noise for some reason.

I listen to incredibly loud music and my hearing has been irreparably damaged. In addition, I always have a box fan running, so I honestly can't even hear the cards.

The noise was by far the least of my concerns when I purchased them.

I listen to incredibly loud music and my hearing has been irreparably damaged. In addition, I always have a box fan running, so I honestly can't even hear the cards.

The noise was by far the least of my concerns when I purchased them.
so that proves my point then. most people with average hearing will probably not be all that pleased. btw I have box fan too running most of the time to block out everyday noise from outside. cant sleep without it either.

so that proves my point then. most people with average hearing will probably not be all that pleased. btw I have box fan too running most of the time to block out everyday noise from outside. cant sleep without it either.

That's exactly why I use it. I don't like silence. Can't sleep without it, which especially sucks when the power goes out.

I'm expecting that my 780 Lightnings will be much quieter.

Still don't see how you could get 55 C while playing a game even with the fan at 100 %, unless the game just wasn't stressing the card at all and you had vsync on.

65-70 maybe if your ambient is low. Your temp in Heaven is what I'dd expect actually.

Still don't see how you could get 55 C while playing a game

That's what it was. What do you want me to tell you?

It's like that on both Arkham City and Arkham Origins. Idles at 44*C, and 32*C (top and bottom cards respectively)

a 12G card is about as useful as an NVIDIA 8500GS 64bit card with 1Gig of memory....the GPU could never push that many pixels, SLI or not.

Still don't see how you could get 55 C while playing a game even with the fan at 100 %, unless the game just wasn't stressing the card at all and you had vsync on.

65-70 maybe if your ambient is low. Your temp in Heaven is what I'dd expect actually.

lol, noobs!
My GTX480 is over 106C right now with a third party cooler, no less, when folding.

Beat that! :D

lol, noobs!
My GTX480 is over 106C right now with a third party cooler, no less, when folding.

Beat that! :D

Sounds like you are the noob if its at 106c with aftermarket cooling......

a 12G card is about as useful as an NVIDIA 8500GS 64bit card with 1Gig of memory....the GPU could never push that many pixels, SLI or not.

No, it's about as useful as my GT430 with 4GB GDDR3.
Top that! :p

Sounds like you are the noob if its at 106c with aftermarket cooling......

lol, it's a GTX480, it got over 115C with the stock cooler and sufficient case cooling, so yeah.
Was just joking about the noob part, btw. ;)

EDIT: remember, the GTX480 has a 250 watt TDP, so it runs about as hot as most modern dual GPU cards.

Last edited:
Do you really expect anyone to believe that?

My 290's do not break 75c. I, of course set a custom fan profile capped at 66%. It is about as loud at my 780 at 100% fan speed (remember, i am speaking about two amd cards here), which, is not that bad.

Back