Nvidia 344.65 WHQL released - Display port corruption STILL NOT FIXED!

I have a feeling this type of issue cannot be fixed by a driver. It may take a bios/firmware fix. Nvidia doesn't fix issues with cards via bios. It's super rare. They will update all currently sold cards with a newer bios to fix the issue and will offer RMA service to those with affected cards. Once I have seen them help customers over the phone flash their bios with help from the board manufacturer. You may need to return or RMA your card OP.

This is just a driver for Ass Creed Unity, with some other minor fixes.

Edit: I am dumb, please ignore. Early morning (before 2PM, haha). I use onboard + GTX 570 together and the DP monitor I use is on onboard, not the 570. Nvidia hated Displayport way too much back in the days of Fermi. Thanks for the explanation below though.

Last edited:
Displayport corruption? Does this only affect certain configurations? I do use Displayport with my Dell U2311h on a GTX 570 so I'm wondering if I should avoid these drivers.

If I remember correctly I am currently using 344.11 or 344.16.

The OP is referring to a issue with Displayport on GTX 970/980 cards. I for one think that this will not be fixed via a driver update and think it's a firmware issue or a physical component issue that is not correctable without a bios/firmware update or replacing the graphics card by those affected. Also not all people on displayport 1.2 are affected. Only some monitors with some cards.

The OP is referring to a issue with Displayport on GTX 970/980 cards. I for one think that this will not be fixed via a driver update and think it's a firmware issue or a physical component issue that is not correctable without a bios/firmware update or replacing the graphics card by those affected. Also not all people on displayport 1.2 are affected. Only some monitors with some cards.

Works just fine though on 344.11 and 344.16 - Driver versions after that are no good.

Pretty sad the only way to fix our SLI problem is a new bios....

Still cant complain though with the performance. Cant wait for my heatsinks and G10 bracket to show up Wed. :)

This issue transcends the 980 cards. I've got dual GTX 780s and can't get anything working passed 344.16.

Massive static on displayport monitor. BSOD. Installation failures. Unable to span. Video Cards not detected.

They broke their drivers.

the issue that you are talking about cannot be fixed by a driver.
on some monitors the problem happen on BIOS too, this is an hardware problem, nothing that can be fixed with drivers.
ask you money back!

I had to RMA my card through Newegg. New Card runs great and no issues with black screens/blinking screens now.

There is some kind of DP fix in the 346 series driver but not sure it's related to the problems you guys are having:

Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect DisplayPort link configuration to be displayed after a hotplug or unplug.

That seems to be very specific to hotplug issues, but maybe it's evidence that they're actively addressing DP problems.

This issue didn't exist two driver releases ago (not for me, anyway), so its not a BIOS/firmware issue.

I just installed these new drivers last night after receiving my PG278Q. This is the first monitor I have connected using DisplayPort and I had no issues after constant use for 6 hours. I do not use any kind of sleep modes with my PC or display. The monitor is set to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity.

I just installed these new drivers last night after receiving my PG278Q. This is the first monitor I have connected using DisplayPort and I had no issues after constant use for 6 hours. I do not use any kind of sleep modes with my PC or display. The monitor is set to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Its a sporadic thing for me. It'll be fine for a few days and then randomly, after waking the monitor, will display a corrupted image.

Ugh, I'm guessing this issue is not resolved yet?

(Was also discussed over here on HardForum)

This weekend I was going to buy a GTX 980 for use with my three DELL 2410 monitors, all on Displayport and in glorious Surround...but this isn't looking good.

Anyone have any positive experiences with triple DisplayPort monitor setups and the 970 or 980 ?

I was going to take advantage of my monitors' awesome input options to try and get away from the tearing issues in Surround that mixing inputs can cause...unless someone can suggest a non-tearing input setup that I could use with the 980/970 until Nvidia resolves this with BIOS or drivers...?

Thanks for any response or ideas!

-hk

EDIT: God damnit, who bumped a 3 month old thread when they are already 2 versions after this discussion was summed up of "No, they don't fix it"

I thought they fixed this awhile ago.

I'd be thrilled if they had!

Multiple threads here on the forum and elsewhere on the 'ternets don't say definitively.

There are plenty of fresh "...my DisplayPort screen blacked out after sleep, etc..." threads, though.

Thought I'd drag this conversation back up and see if any of the other [H]igh-end crowd had new thoughts on it...love to get Surround working right without tearing...

-hk

Back