Nvidia 310.90 WHQL Released

Solhokuten

[H]ard|Gawd
www.nvidia.com

Release Highlights
This GeForce driver is recommended for the best experience in the blockbuster holiday games. GeForce R310 drivers add optimizations for Far Cry 3, providing up to 38% faster performance.

These drivers also include optimizations for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III, providing up to 26% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and up to 18% faster performance in Assassin’s Creed III, as well as smooth, shimmer-free graphics with TXAA antialiasing in both games.

New in GeForce 310.90:

Adds a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).
Improves performance for GeForce GTX 690:
Up to 19% faster performance in Autodesk 3ds Max when interacting with large models compared to GeForce GTX 480.
Up to 60% faster performance in ray tracing applications such as NVIDIA iray and Chaos V-Ray (subject to the scene fitting into graphics memory) compared to GeForce GTX 480.
Up to 76% faster performance in the 3D extruded ray tracing capability in Adobe After Effects compared to GeForce GTX 480.
Updates SLI profiles for Far Cry 3 and NBA2k13.
Adds new 3D Vision profiles for the following games:
Aliens: Colonial Marines – rated Fair
GT Legends – rated 3D Vision Ready
LEGO: Lord of the Rings – rated Good
Miasmata – rated Good
Pirate101 – rated 3D Vision Ready
Viking: Battle for Asgard – rated Excellent
Warframe – rated Good
Wizard101 – rated 3D Vision Ready

Played BF3 all afternoon with these 310.90 drivers (on my GTX 690). Worked fine. Hard to tell if these drivers are much better but so far no problems.

This just appears to be an updated version of 310.70 with the recent security hole patched up.

These drivers fixed the sli issue with FC3. I don't have to use Ninspector to change as this driver has updated the sli compatibility to a correct version where sli scaling does not fluctuate all over the place. SLI indicator stays pretty muched pegged to the top and bottom of the screen. I can finally play on Ultra at 2560x1600 at close to 60fps on my rig. I do have to leave msaa off, and alpha off, but AO is set to SSAO. All is good!

The only thing that will affect any of our testing is the updated Far Cry 3 SLI profile. For single card operation, this .90 update does not affect any of our testing for single card, in the games we use, over the previous 310.70 version, FYI.

We have an upcoming review on Monday using 310.70, of a single 670, so there is nothing that affects us in .90 that we need to re-evaluate anything.

We do have an upcoming SLI review however, in the works, and 310.90 will be used to benefit from the Far Cry 3 SLI profile update.

I installed these and my main monitor (Samsung S27A950D) will no longer work over DisplayPort. I tried everything I could think of including leaving it as the only display connected, and it still wouldn't work. Luckily in my case I was only using DisplayPort because I happened to have a spare DisplayPort cable and simply wanted to try it. I changed back to Dual-Link DVI and all my problems went away.

The patch notes said something about these drivers introducing DisplayPort 1.2 support. I wonder if it's related.

I tried running Zeno Clash and had to drop all settings to low/off to get the game stable. Then I ran SSF4:AE, could barely navigate the menu even after dropping some of the effects.

Any improvements to the GTX 660?
I had an update notification, but not sure if i want to pull the trigger

Anyone else playing Torchlight 2 with SLI680s? I'm getting flickering with streaking lights like in the Mapworks or with the Berserker's Stormclaw skill.

EDIT: Changed the SLI Compat Bits to Dirt3 and no more streaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm,

Dunno, DP is fine here with a GTX 660 and the 310.90 driver. I've it attached to a PA246Q.

Any updates for the gtx 680?
New in GeForce R310 Drivers:

Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

GeForce GTX 680:
Up to 38% in Far Cry 3
Up to 26% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Up to 16% in Battlefield 3
Up to 18% in Assassin's Creed III
Up to 9% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Up to 6% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Up to 6% in StarCraft II
Up to 6% in Dragon Age II
Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham City
Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Taken from the drivers link page. Thanks

I'm kinda afraid to try these, BSOD from the last set still a bummer.

Nvidia 310.90 WHQL Driver

The auto updater doesn't even see it yet. Thanks for the info.

it was posted to the auto updater around 3 in the afternoon PST which is pretty normal.

Taken from the drivers link page. Thanks

those aren't actual performance gains per this driver, they are the gains from the last version. stupid nvidia change logs miss leading as hell. you have to actually go through the entire PDF file to find out exactly what was changed/improved on for that specific driver version.

Between these, the 70's, and the 33's, I'd choose these. They are fast and seem pretty stable so far. Also got rid of the hang at shut down that the 70's had.

Multiple display mode is not working with these drivers for me, i am getting "Mode Not Supported" message on my TV. Driver detects the 2nd display but it doesnt display the picture.

i have a 60 inch Samsung connected to my 560ti.

it worked fine with 310.70 drivers.

anyone else having similar issue?

anyone else having similar issue?

Somewhat similar, in that it's a display problem. My 27" Samsung 120hz LCD would not be recognized via Displayport after I upgraded to 310.90. It worked fine with 310.70 and previous drivers. All I did was a simple upgrade and BAM, all of a sudden it's like my LCD isn't even there anymore. Never changed the configuration of the cables or anything.

Thankfully at least in my case I was able to switch from DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI and the problem went away.

Has anyone had this weird issue... When I run browsers with GPU accelaration (and stops if I switch to software) the cursor dissapears when not in motion... It's not critical, just weird. :D

Two thumbs down for these, what a nightmare, display wouldnt turn on, couldnt boot into safe mode, so many problems with this.

..and afer using it, i'm back @ the 306.97, again... well, no biggie, 306.97 works like a boss.

Agree. These drivers are garbage. BF3 has tons of micro stutter even though I'm not using SLI and I have had that cold boot thing and no display happen a few times. Went back to the 306 and its perfect once again....

No problems for me so far.
Only played Serious Sam3, Rage, nfsShift2 and a few others but all is well here.
Vista64, GTX460

So are 306.97 really that good? I am currently using 310.70, maybe I should check those out for my 670 gtx?

So are 306.97 really that good? I am currently using 310.70, maybe I should check those out for my 670 gtx?

There are plenty of people, such as myself, using 310.70 with no gaming issues at all. I'm personally enjoying the performance increases (vs 306.97). I wouldn't ever use an older driver unless you actually have a need to do so, in order to work around some sort of problem.

I am having some of the micro-stuttering issues in Far Cry 3, that a lot of 600 series users are having. When strafing from left-to-right the game skips frames, and makes for an unplayable experience.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b171isQbROo , it getts really bad during combat, even with high FPS.

i am not having any issues with these drivers at all, i have no idea why some of you folks are having a nightmare with them.

bad installation? who knows?

why go back to drivers from October like the 306.97 that have no support for the latest games? no security fix, etc?

i dont get it:confused:

I am having some of the micro-stuttering issues in Far Cry 3, that a lot of 600 series users are having. When strafing from left-to-right the game skips frames, and makes for an unplayable experience.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b171isQbROo , it getts really bad during combat, even with high FPS.

I'm beginning to think it's a game issue, I'm experiencing it on both NV and AMD hardware.

Back