Nvidia 180.42 are out....

180.42's are the worst Beta drivers I have ever used. Optimized for Far Cry 2? Right.... when crashing every 5 mins into the first part of the game?

Either way, stay away from these. 178.24's are still the best for now.

180.42's are the worst Beta drivers I have ever used. Optimized for Far Cry 2? Right.... when crashing every 5 mins into the first part of the game?

Either way, stay away from these. 178.24's are still the best for now.
Weird, that sucks. I was playing Far Cry 2 for like 4 hours yesterday on the 180.42s with no issues whatsoever (except the blackscreen on game start which looks to be a bug in the game... easily solved)

Going from some of the negative experiences in this thread it sounds like this driver is hit or miss, which sucks... still worth a look because it made a noticeable improvement in several games on my PC.

Weird, that sucks. I was playing Far Cry 2 for like 4 hours yesterday on the 180.42s with no issues whatsoever (except the blackscreen on game start which looks to be a bug in the game... easily solved)

Going from some of the negative experiences in this thread it sounds like this driver is hit or miss, which sucks... still worth a look because it made a noticeable improvement in several games on my PC.

Well the WHQL of these are due out in a couple of weeks so to me it's not that big of a deal to wait for stability.

Woa woa, so we wont be able to use the fan controller!!? WTF

Unwinder said that Precision fan control won't be available until the official 180's come out from nVidia. After that happens fan control will be back. Also fan control works on Rivatuner 2.11 if you setup low level fan speed control.

All of the selections for LCD scaling are greyed out for me.

I like to set it to "do not scale" and I can't select anything. Worked fine with last drivers.

woah, starting to get problems now, no text comes up in game stuff (like in games I cant see text, just blank menu's but they still work) everything steam related is like this too, even in games, and its like this in crysis and BF2142 too.... shit, time to go back, and it sucks that you have to have two monitors to use 1 card physx one card gaming. Come on Nv, Really? I thought that would be fixed by now

this sucker keeps your card running at max clock even idling at 2D, another nice work from nvidia

this sucker keeps your card running at max clock even idling at 2D, another nice work from nvidia

are you guys sure it's not Vista doing that (ie, Aero?). On my Vista box, I'm seeing what you guys describe with the fan speed. On my XP box, the 180's are downclocking like they're supposed to.

The 180.42 beta drivers are pretty bad.

They cause Farcry 2 to not load most of the time, it just sits at the loading screen and you have to close it and restart it and hope it works the next time....

Stalker Clear Skies had its fps cut in half with these drivers and the games lighting was off, looked to bright or something.

Lets see... Mass Effect wont load at all, just crashes.
Blacksite Area 51 loads but has random pausing/freezing starting at the menu and seems to go away if you can get it to start a game.

These drivers also broke some older games based on the Dark engine... Thief the dark project, Thief the metal age.

System Shock 2 is also broke with these drivers and trust me with the texture and model mods System Shock 2 blows Bioshock and its dumb down console play out the water.

Thats as far as got testing with these drivers before I said to hell with this and removed them.

FYI these drivers also broke fan control in EVGA Precision and Rivatuner.

it certainly does. World of Warcraft is my main game and it has flashing textures all over the place. Although, still not as bad as the 178's.

it certainly does. World of Warcraft is my main game and it has flashing textures all over the place. Although, still not as bad as the 178's.

MMO free at the moment... no DT's or side effects yet... but I must say having all these new games that just came out and with more coming out the end this week, it sure helps.

Until they release a shadowrun/cyberpunk or whitewolf/vampire based mmo I doubt I will go back.

5 lvl70's and over 3yrs in WoW
2 lvl80's and almost 2yrs in EQ2
2 lvl20's DDO
1 lvl40 in LoTR
1 lvl50 in AoC
1 lvl27 WAR
11 lvl20's GW

God its good to be free from the MMO!!! :D

must.... play.... the WoW......

*twitch* *twitch*

I do like the multi screen SLI now though. Its the only thing stopping me returning to the 177's which had no issues in WoW.

ARGH. I'm going to try these new ones today (I did not try the 180.42 on Far Cry 2 yesterday). The 180s do fix the OpenGL problems I was having though.

Just installed the 180.43's, so far one thing that noticed is that Crysis Warhead seems to a lot smoother.

I just stepped-up to a GTX 280. The first driver I tried were the 180 beta and holy jesus, what a gaming experience. I've never seen Crysis play so smooth on Very High, and FrCry2 plays at a solid 50-60fps on Ultra Settings with 0xAA @ 1680x1050, and about 30-40fps with 4xAA @ 1680x1050. I've never felt such power! Everything plays really really smooth.

Can't wait to SLI this Christmas..

Will the 180.43 driver works with my 7950 GX2??

Or

Is it only limited to te 8, 9 and GTX 200 family??

I just stepped-up to a GTX 280. The first driver I tried were the 180 beta and holy jesus, what a gaming experience. I've never seen Crysis play so smooth on Very High, and FrCry2 plays at a solid 50-60fps on Ultra Settings with 0xAA @ 1680x1050, and about 30-40fps with 4xAA @ 1680x1050. I've never felt such power! Everything plays really really smooth.

Can't wait to SLI this Christmas..

Just curious...why buy another so soon if everything is running smooth?

That's more like it. Nice smooth performance in WoW with no flashing textures, multi screen SLI.

Only problem that remains for me is the lack of fan control in the cp. 180.43 best so far.

That's more like it. Nice smooth performance in WoW with no flashing textures, multi screen SLI.

Only problem that remains for me is the lack of fan control in the cp. 180.43 best so far.

grab the most recent eVGA precision ocing util for fan control. support added for 18x.xx drivers and controlling multiple fans in SLI.

Both 43 and 42 give me nvlddmkm.sys blue screens while playing COD5 and FO3...

Going back to whql ones

Back