NSK1380 + 1U PSU?

Masejoer

Gawd
I've been staring at pictures of this thing for awhile now and not sure if this would work or not. Does anyone think a 1.6" wide 1U power supply would fit anywhere into this case without too much issue? Dimensions are around 1.6x4x12" for these power supplies and they come in sizes up to 500w or so. The SG01 is too deep so this chassis has had my attention for years now but it is getting to the point that Shuttles are becoming quite limited with quad cores and sli around today.

So any ideas? May one of these fit somewhat well and not get in the way of a large cpu heatsink? A standard 120mm fan would be mounted behind the cpu where the stock power supply resides. Pictures at newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129038

It fits. I've seen it done. The dude was rocking a 1U PSU in one of his spare PCI slots.

I was looking at the pci slots also but I'd prefer to keep 3 expansion slots available for a 2 slot videocard + one pci. I don't know if it'll fit to the side of the three slots or not. If anything, using two slots, I can use the slot plates as a base mount and weld a support bar out from them to help hold up the power supply. Coming from Shuttles (I have 3 sitting around at the moment, two G5 chassis and a P2 chassis), I only get 2 expansion slots to work with anyways so there isn't much to lose. I just need future upgrade options and always have more than 2 DIMM slots available for RAM. If it wasn't for the ram slots, I'd look forward to an ITX case instead. I'm assuming a single 120mm in the back with a good heatsink/fan would outperform the Shuttles but I wouldn't rule out putting a hole in the side of the case if needed.

I don't know of any other matx case that has the potential of this one. It'd be nice if someone made a case similar but with better cooling (perhaps side to side airflow) and support for smaller power supplies like those used in Shuttles. I like 1U psu's with their own fan throttling, which is basically the same as Shuttle's G-chassis psu's. There's a Sparkle 1U power supply that is even a direct boltin to that chassis.

if you decide to go with a 1u psu, get a seasonic.

1. there VERY quiet for a 1u
2. order off of antron technologies they're a distributor they can make custom wiring harnesses.
3. and u get very good prices

Back