• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

now to get the LAN back up.

RedShred

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Apr 6, 2001
Messages
2,760
I moved. Bought my own house and everything... now I need a garage for my hotrods and a sponsor to pay my bills, lol.

Qwest DSL with MSN premium sucks but it's better than dial up (1.1 down 740 ish up). Paying my own electric and cooling is going to suck more. it also sucks that I lost a 16 x 16 office for my PC ish. I've got a 6x6 spot to my whole self now :rolleyes: . I bought a corner desk and have a built in cabinet to figure out a creative approach. Looks like I can get two dedicated desktops besides the gear needed for the KVM. some is better than none... but I feel guilty being an old-timer here.

I have 3 machines back on line now which is much better than 1 in the last 2 weeks which was my mystery borg.


fold on my brothers and sisters.
 
Exxxcellent!!! [voice of Mr Burns] Tents fingers

Glad to hear all the good news for you!!!

Fold on Red! :cool:

 
I feel your pain. I just finished (well mostly) and just got part of the farm back up. Hopefully by this weekend I will be able to get the other 10-12 workstations online. And my power bill always sucks :) Last month a slim trim 575 and this month? Who knows? After I get all my boxen up I figure another $100 a month on top of that just for the PCs.

 
Tormond said:
I feel your pain. I just finished (well mostly) and just got part of the farm back up. Hopefully by this weekend I will be able to get the other 10-12 workstations online. And my power bill always sucks :) Last month a slim trim 575 and this month? Who knows? After I get all my boxen up I figure another $100 a month on top of that just for the PCs.


You don't seem too worried about this power consumption, I might have to plant a boxen or two in your farm and see if they grow.

But I'm too lazy to do that so I'll make a crack at mary.

Mary sucks.

There see what you made me do?

 
My power bill at my apartment is usually around $40-$50. That's enough for me right now.

One thing to remember is that I only have one boxen there. The rest of them are at my friend's house and he pays the power. He doesn't say a word about how much power they use. Actually, he'll do just about anything to keep my boxen here. Every time I take something to my apartment he asks me if I'm moving them out. He likes my and my son's company. Hell, he gave me a key so I can get in anytime I want.

When I can afford internet access at my apartment I'll move most of my boxen over there but I'm going to try to build a decent boxen or two to keep here for when I'm over.

 
Not worried about the power bill. Much more worried about finding the cure :) I am sitting here looking at 30+ boxen that I just need to set up and get running (well and to figure out where in the heck to put them all) Amazing thing is that I took my entire farm down for 3 days and my PPD didn't drop but like 100 points. I love my borgs :)

 
Tormond said:
I am sitting here looking at 30+ boxen that I just need to set up and get running
HERETIC!!!! What are you thinking?! Get those running NOW!!!!! :mad:
 
Mohonri said:
HERETIC!!!! What are you thinking?! Get those running NOW!!!!! :mad:

Like I said I am just trying to figure out where they will go. I went from a fully wired workshop to a room in the new house that wasn't wired at all so I have a LOT of cable routing issues (Mostly how to hide them so my wife doesn't see them, she doesn't care about the boxen but the cable clutter is like Kryptonite apparently)

 
(Mostly how to hide them so my wife doesn't see them, she doesn't care about the boxen but the cable clutter is like Kryptonite apparently)
LOL. I know exactly how you feel! Right now we don't have a place for our computer (that will change tonight! Woohoo!), so it's sitting in our dining room with a 50-foot ethernet cable looping across the floor all the way into the living room. My wife hates it.
 
Tormond said:
Like I said I am just trying to figure out where they will go. I went from a fully wired workshop to a room in the new house that wasn't wired at all so I have a LOT of cable routing issues (Mostly how to hide them so my wife doesn't see them, she doesn't care about the boxen but the cable clutter is like Kryptonite apparently)


Deadbolt on the door. Don't ever have to worry about her seeing the cable clutter again. :cool:

 
SmokeRngs said:
Deadbolt on the door. Don't ever have to worry about her seeing the cable clutter again. :cool:


I can't deadbolt teh door or my daughter (who is 2) will stand outside and scream DADDY DADDY DADDY until I just go about batshit and then I have to open teh door anyway. And then the kryptonite will start in on my wife.

 
buy some of those cheap metal standing shelves - screw paneling to the shelves - cut holes in the panels for wires with a basic hole saw. Now the kryptonite cant penetrate. Box fan in the window blowing the heat of 30 computers outside. Off course you could cut the fan off to bake brownies as a snack while surfing... 30 computers in a standard size room. I bet that's hot.
 
Back
Top