Now Is The Time To Switch Back To Firefox

you're squandering those resources on a problem that has little impact on very few people
Says the guy who's just spent the last 2 hours debating on a message board arguing against gay marriage. Clearly you're concerned with the efficient use of human resources for social activism.

Also to suggest that gay rights activism is mutually exclusive with other forms of activism is simply untrue.

No idea? Homosexuality isnt some mystery phenomena recently discovered, there has been plenty of research into the subject and there are plenty of "ideas" both credited and discredited.

But for the sake of your argument, knowing the origin is irrelevant, the point is it is part of you, and you have no choice or control over it. You are a heterosexual now and thats not changing.

It is without a doubt genetic. There are many in my family on one side. (At least that side claims) There is significant research into this for some reason. maybe some mad scientist is hoping to "fix" it with gene therapy or something. :rolleyes:

The fact is there has been gays since forever, hell I had an absolutely gay dog.

I do not promote the idea to shove it down 80 year old grandma's morality.

I remember a very uh, effeminate friend at work bitching about him not being fully accepted in public. That he cant gawk at other guys without receiving stern looks or hold another man's hand in public without people whispering. That any time he wants to do PDA should be okay with everyone. I told him that's foolish, that not everyone wants to see "straight" PDAs let alone gay.

Says the guy who's just spent the last 2 hours debating on a message board arguing against gay marriage.

Also, I haven't once debated against gay marriage, because I'm in favor of it. I've stated that already. I've been arguing that gay marriage opponents are not evil, that the issue boils down to the definition of a word, and that the issue isn't particularly important in comparison to everything else going on. Not once have I said gay marriage shouldn't be legal.

But hey, you know the truth, right? You ever going to get around to explaining how you know when I'm lying about my personal experiences? I'm just tickled to hear how that works.

Key difference: I'm not the one arguing that gay marriage activism detracts resources from other social causes!

Are you arguing that it doesn't? That would be rather silly, as any cause's fight detracts resources from other social causes. There's only so many donations to go around. Only so many volunteers. Only so much time, considering that all high-profile issues have a shelf life in the media. Amnesty for illegal aliens is going to take over, I'm guessing by the end of the summer. Weed might get some time in the spotlight soon, as well.

Are you arguing that it doesn't? That would be rather silly, as any cause's fight detracts resources from other social causes.

Vacations and other luxury expenses consume resources that could otherwise be spent on activism. Shall we start a thread where you argue against people taking vacations and going out for nice dinners?

You've already admitted that it confers tangible rights, and yet here we are again with you trying to reduce the problem to a semantic issue.

This is a rights issue.

Rights, yes. Human rights, no. I love how annoyed you're getting that I'm reducing it to necessary government action, because then it shows just how pedantic and insignificant the issue really is. You wish it were more, but it isn't. You want it to be grandiose and all-encompassing...and it isn't. Self-awareness would do gay marriage activists(and pretty much all Social Justice Warriors) with your mindset a world of good.

Vacations and other luxury expenses consume resources that could otherwise be spent on activism. Shall we start a thread where you argue against people taking vacations and going out for nice dinners?

You're funny when you're belligerent.

Ive been using FF for many many years now......I'm glad its OK for me to keep using it..:)

I'm reducing it to necessary government action, because then it shows just how pedantic and insignificant the issue really is.
All government legislation (including rights legislation) is just writing down words, amending stuff, redefining stuff... really makes you realize how insignificant and pedantic the rule of law is. Makes you think man.

The declaration of independence was just redefining who was in charge; no big whoop.

to end slavery we just redefined what a "person" is. no big deal relax guys.

to end slavery we just redefined what a "person" is. no big deal relax guys.

Indeed. I find it interesting that one of the arguments against same sex marriage is that it changes the definition of marriage. Yet the world has obviously redefined what is means to be human over time.

It is without a doubt genetic. There are many in my family on one side. (At least that side claims) There is significant research into this for some reason. maybe some mad scientist is hoping to "fix" it with gene therapy or something. :rolleyes:
That's silly. Why not abort them? :confused:

Firefox is through.
First the hoopla that pissed off the gay marriage activistsos
Then CEO steps down pissing off those supported him.

Neither party has fully returned and Mozilla is at a loss.
Firefox sucked anyway.

That's silly. Why not abort them? :confused:

Well if that's what drives your ship Captain... I don't agree with abortion, so I wont side for you on that. Ever.
I guess the liberal left "might" not support that type of abortion though. Just putting that out there. I think its the one type of abortion they would call an atrocity.

Straight black folk is no problem though for them

Well if that's what drives your ship Captain... I don't agree with abortion, so I wont side for you on that. Ever.
I guess the liberal left "might" not support that type of abortion though. Just putting that out there. I think its the one type of abortion they would call an atrocity.

Straight black folk is no problem though for them

Okay, you seriously need to relax. First calling names and now talking about aborting people just because of their race? What's wrong with you?

Okay, you seriously need to relax. First calling names and now talking about aborting people just because of their race? What's wrong with you?

Someone else suggested aborting kids if they were gay. I said NO.
No one is calling them names and yes people will line up around the block to make sure black kids are aborted.
Im not calling for people to do it. If you can read you would have seen I am part black and I certainly don't want it to happen to anyone. What's wrong with you newbie?
1,800 black babies are aborted each day. We make up 13% of the population but take up 36% of all abortions.

graph.gif

We make up 13% of the population but take up 36% of all abortions.

Because poverty among blacks it higher than average and anything resembling government aid is some sort of conspiracy to get votes. Kids cost money and if you don't have the money or support system to raise them abortion makes sense in even the most conservatives terms, at least financially. White, black, yellow, red or brown, who what's money coming out of their pay check to raise a poor kid? Very few. At least beyond prison conditions.

How did we get to abortion?

You don't keep up much.
evidenced when you keep thinking I hate gays.

Someone a page ago said why not just abort gays.
I said no I am against abortion and though the left is usually pro-choice likely the left might be against it if it were a gay white kid, even though they line up blacks.

Someone a page ago said why not just abort gays.
I said no I am against abortion and though the left is usually pro-choice likely the left might be against it if it were a gay white kid, even though they line up blacks.

Where were conservatives during the Civil Rights Movement? And when are conservatives going to stop talking about how much better off blacks were during slavery? Or beyond senseless nonsense like if only slaves had guns? What's so amazing about all of this is how many blacks have social conservative views but yet the conservative establishment goes out of it's it to say things to call blacks and I quote from the one of the most active posters in this thread 'You are the lowest class of person.'

Republicans ended slavery.
Democrats wanted to preserve it.

Now we're talking about democrats and republicans and slavery? What are you even arguing? Are you so blinded by nonsensical rage that you'll just type anything?

BENGHAZIIIIII!!!!!

Now we're talking about democrats and republicans and slavery? What are you even arguing? Are you so blinded by nonsensical rage that you'll just type anything?

BENGHAZIIIIII!!!!!

You seem to miss half the posts.

And Firefox sucks

Republicans ended slavery.
Democrats wanted to preserve it.

I never said anything about Republicans or Democrats. I have no idea why people even mention this nonsense relative to todays political environment. Clearly the two major US parties are aligned differently when it comes to human enfranchisement.

I'm still not sure if a fetus can even be gay, to be honest.
Just watch, it'll happen first on Game of Thrones.
Tyrion is going to knock up Daenerys which are going to result in gay twin dwarves that are boning 15 seconds after leaving the womb! :eek:

Should have said spoiler alert first?
Don't know how these things work.....:D

Just watch, it'll happen first on Game of Thrones.
Tyrion is going to knock up Daenerys which are going to result in gay twin dwarves that are boning 15 seconds after leaving the womb! :eek:
Sounds hot. Hope I can stream it online using Firefox when it airs.

Someone else suggested aborting kids if they were gay. I said NO.
No one is calling them names and yes people will line up around the block to make sure black kids are aborted.
Im not calling for people to do it. If you can read you would have seen I am part black and I certainly don't want it to happen to anyone. What's wrong with you newbie?
1,800 black babies are aborted each day. We make up 13% of the population but take up 36% of all abortions.

Oh sorry, I reread stuff and figured out what you were talking about, but I don't think its fair for you to claim an African American heritage either. If your racial background is mixed and you're saying there's been a lot of injustice for African Americans, it's sort of an injustice and disservice to the people who really are African American for you to be upset in that way. Yes, I totally agree that people of other races should always try to look past racial bias and should do everything they can to make the place we live focus more on the person on the inside, but to take that kinda argument as if you're inclusive in a group when you're doesn't help. It hurts that cause.

Back